• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Quick question about the Queens Beasts silver coins

Foster88

I’ve been looking at the Queens Beasts silver coins, I’ve stacked Britannia’s, Canadian Maples and the Australian 1oz coins since 2013 and I really like the Queens Beasts coins but what I’ve accumulated so far in Silver is all 1oz and 100g bars.

Are the Queens Beasts only available in 2oz minimum size/weight or is there a 1oz option? 

I think I already know the answer and that is that they’re only available in 2oz but can somebody confirm this. I’ve only looked into them recently hence why I don’t know the answer.

11 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I’ve been looking at the Queens Beasts silver coins, I’ve stacked Britannia’s, Canadian Maples and the Australian 1oz coins since 2013 and I really like the Queens Beasts coins but what I’ve accumulated so far in Silver is all 1oz and 100g bars.

Are the Queens Beasts only available in 2oz minimum size/weight or is there a 1oz option? 

I think I already know the answer and that is that they’re only available in 2oz but can somebody confirm this. I’ve only looked into them recently hence why I don’t know the answer.

Yep -in BU form for the queens beasts = 2oz

For the 1 ounce you are looking at the proof versions

If you are looking to get some 2oz "beasties" - I have a few available!

7 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

Yep -in BU form for the queens beasts = 2oz

For the 1 ounce you are looking at the proof versions

If you are looking to get some 2oz "beasties" - I have a few available!

Thanks @5huggy I did think I was correct, I just wasn’t 100% sure. 

I’ve seen them a few times on here and having only ever bought 1oz coins, mainly Britannia’s (they’ll still be my favourites) but I do like the QB’s.

Thw only this is that I’d need, I say need, want one of each year.

I've got several of the 1oz silver proofs and the first couple of the 2oz coins. I didn't know which I wanted to collect and ultimately gave up on them as they've been slowly introduced since 2016 and the 10 coin series is still yet to finish.

The 2oz coins feel impressive in the hand though. I don't have any other coins of that weight.

Hi

First timer here as well. Been collecting these recently but I can't find the Griffin 1oz Proof anywhere. Perhaps I'm not trying hard enough?

There's none listed at Ebay current or recent sold. Google doesn't seem to bring up much either. RM listing goes nowhere - it's as if it dropped into a black hole of none existence!

Mike

1 hour ago, Mikeejones1 said:

Hi

First timer here as well. Been collecting these recently but I can't find the Griffin 1oz Proof anywhere. Perhaps I'm not trying hard enough?

There's none listed at Ebay current or recent sold. Google doesn't seem to bring up much either. RM listing goes nowhere - it's as if it dropped into a black hole of none existence!

Mike

The full series of both the 2oz bullion and 1oz proof coins are yet to finish. As I recall the 2oz bullion Griffin came out after the Lion of England coin, whereas the 1oz proof Griffin is yet to be released, hence the reason why you can't find it.

On 14/02/2020 at 03:28, wolfiemac said:

I have the first 5 but got disappointed in the spotting the coins became, so unsure if i will continue collecting them.

Same here. I ordered 2 proof bulls from the RM and they were scratched up. I was done with the series at that point... The proofs anyways. The 2oz. coins are nice.

I'd say generally don't be put off by the 2oz size. Its a really nice size and feels great in hand. My only other advice about these...  if you are in to this for investment only than avoid the earlier coins (Lion of England, Griffin and even Dragon lately). Those coins have already shot up so much that buying them at that price is too much of a risk and not a very good investment (IMO and I realize its a pretty unpopular opinion given everone seems to want a full set of these).

Archived