• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buying 1oz 2020 silver bullion coins - advise wanted

Booky586

So I've just spotted this deal

and I thought I would buy some VAT free silver before the EU exit. I'm unfamiliar with new bullion silver coins so some guidance would be helpful. The choices I am considering, all at similar prices, are:

• 25 coin tube of the royal mint 1oz Britannia
  • 25 coin tube of Canadian 1oz maple leaf
  • 25 coin tube Australian 1oz kangaroo

One doubt is the quality from each mint. Do any of the mints suffer from poor quality such as milk spots, scratches or faults?

And future resale ability: which coin will I find easier to sell, and possibly generate a higher premium?

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

I agree with @ilovesilverireallydo. If you want some Brits now, and can be with you before one pm on Wednesday, I have a tube of 2020 Brits that I can sell for £400 including postage. 

Cheers,

Andrew.

And if I hadn't done my February (and March) budget already; I would be snaffling that up. 😝

3 minutes ago, PablosGee said:

And if I hadn't done my February (and March) budget already; I would be snaffling that up. 😝

The way my current sales are going you will be able to buy in April! 

Sorry to take away from the thread though!!

I only buy Brits and American Silver Eagles these days. I wouldn’t buy other bullion. That’s just me!! 

Ahem, yes. Sorry! On topic... 

Brits for me as first choice. I have a tube of the Royal Coat of Arms too from the Royal Mint. Bought 1, loved it so bought 5 more. Then I bought a tube. 

I have other bits and bobs (Perth Mint dragon bars) but the main focus is the Brits. 

10 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I agree with @ilovesilverireallydo. If you want some Brits now, and can be with you before one pm on Wednesday, I have a tube of 2020 Brits that I can sell for £400 including postage. 

Cheers,

Andrew.

I'll take them if you can do £390 posted SD 👍 cant PM at the moment though. 

Added 0 minutes later...

Sorry, I can’t sell at that price. I have already dropped my asking price from £420.00 plus delivery to £400 with delivery included and would not be able to go lower. The coins are withdrawn for the time being anyway. Thanks for the offer though, much appreciated.

avoid the maple, it is like to gambling on roulette with the milk spots. For me at the moment : eagles and if I could take a good deal the Noah's Ark.

Added 0 minutes later...

avoid the maple, it is like to gambling on roulette with the milk spots. For me at the moment : eagles and if I could take a good deal the Noah's Ark.

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

I would be interested in the tube of 25 2020 brits for £400 including delivery if it’s still going @AndrewSL76

Added 0 minutes later...

I would be interested in the tube of 25 2020 brits for £400 including delivery if it’s still going @AndrewSL76

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

If your after a good deel look at the market price at 10.01pm gmt on a Monday happened the last 3 Mondays on the trot the spot price tanks by about 15% but only for 30 seconds or so and if your picking up vat free silver that's a fair savings 

Screenshot_20200211_015724_com.android.chrome.jpg

Added 0 minutes later...

If your after a good deel look at the market price at 10.01pm gmt on a Monday happened the last 3 Mondays on the trot the spot price tanks by about 15% but only for 30 seconds or so and if your picking up vat free silver that's a fair savings 

Thanks for highlighting the chart data.

I've just compared the silver charts against the gold charts and realised that silver is much more volatile, the percentage changes are much greater. I'm going to investigate more, selecting the right time to buy is much more critical.

Archived