• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Canadian Kraken - Creatures of the North

daca

2020-2-oz-canadian-kraken-silver-coin-re

For centuries, mariners have reported strange sightings of a massive, shipwrecking sea monster; the "Kraken". The beast was said to be so big it could be mistaken for an island, with tentacles powerful enough to tear a ship in two.

Two Ounce Kraken Silver Coin is the first release of the brand new “Creatures of the North” coin series from the Royal Canadian Mint. The series is set to have two releases every year starting in 2020.

The Creatures of the North series will celebrate the fantastic and mysterious creatures of Canada’s seas, lands and skies.

Denomination: 10 Dollars
Metal Content: 2 Troy Ounce (62.67 Grams)
Purity: .9999

On pre sale in Europe

https://goldsilver.be/en/home/3156-canada-2-oz-silver-creatures-of-the-north-the-kraken-2020-10.html

Asia

https://www.lpm.hk/2020-2-oz-canada-creatures-of-the-north-series-the-kraken-9999-silver-coin-bu.html

USA/Canada

https://www.artincoins.com/products/2020-canada-2-ounce-kraken-creatures-of-the-north-9999-silver-coin?_pos=1&_sid=eb1bd2f32&_ss=r

https://sdbullion.com/2020-2-oz-canadian-kraken-silver-coin

https://www.apmex.com/product/206752/2020-canada-2-oz-silver-creatures-of-the-north-kraken

Personally I love the design of the Kraken and hope the rest of the series will rise to the occasion. 

Edited by daca

53 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

The more I look at it... the more I like it. Nice to see some decent new bullion releases from the RCM. I especially like the 2oz size that they seem to be ramping up production of. Thanks for posting!

It has something alluring.

I hope they will do a 10 oz version, the details will be amazing.

Edited by daca

26 minutes ago, SilverGameOfThrones said:

Really ? I am not so sure i have a lot of after 2018 Canada coins and i still see milk spot on some or them 

I'd like to see them. I have a decent amount of RCM Silver. I've got 2013 1.5 Polar Bears and 2017 Lynx coins that are heavily spotted. I have 2015 1.5 Polar Bears, 2016 Cougars that are in immaculate condition.  I have 2018 Wolves, 2019 and 2020 Maples, Magnificent Maples, Grizzlies and presumably recently minted10 oz. silver bars that are perfectly fine. The trend I notice most of all is that everything post 2018 has no spots and look great.

Edited by AgCoyote

8 hours ago, AgCoyote said:

All post 2018 rcm silver is good. They solved the problem.

6 hours ago, johnnyhann said:

seriously, people need to give RCM more credit on the milkspotting. yes it was terrible before, but they actively did something about it and as many people can attest it they actually produced results (wasn't just some marketing gimmick)

Not quite true.  It may have helped to reduce the problem, but it has not been completely solved.  I have multiple 2018+ canadian coins with spots.  The whole coin isnt covered in milky haze like i have seen on some pre 2017, but they still have spots.

I do think its a solvable problem.  I have yet to see an Intaglio Mint coin spot.  Maybe I have just gotten lucky, or maybe they are doing something different in their minting process.  On Golden state mint rounds (e.g. world of dragons, other provident series) I still see spots frequently.

6 hours ago, AgCoyote said:

I'd like to see them. I have a decent amount of RCM Silver. I've got 2013 1.5 Polar Bears and 2017 Lynx coins that are heavily spotted. I have 2015 1.5 Polar Bears, 2016 Cougars that are in immaculate condition.  I have 2018 Wolves, 2019 and 2020 Maples, Magnificent Maples, Grizzlies and presumably recently minted10 oz. silver bars that are perfectly fine. The trend I notice most of all is that everything post 2018 has no spots and look great.

I don't need to proof anything .  Don't believe then go and buy . I have my own opinion based on my own experience which i share but it doesn't mean i force anyone to follow it 

Edited by SilverGameOfThrones

50 minutes ago, ZatStackz said:

Not quite true.  It may have helped to reduce the problem, but it has not been completely solved.  I have multiple 2018+ canadian coins with spots.  The whole coin isnt covered in milky haze like i have seen on some pre 2017, but they still have spots.

I do think its a solvable problem.  I have yet to see an Intaglio Mint coin spot.  Maybe I have just gotten lucky, or maybe they are doing something different in their minting process.  On Golden state mint rounds (e.g. world of dragons, other provident series) I still see spots frequently.

I have big  collection of Intaglio Mint with no spot milk at all  ( lucky ?  :)  ) .

I also have a lot of Golden state mint rounds which developed some yellow staff after 2-3 years but i was able to clean it

Edited by SilverGameOfThrones

4 hours ago, SilverGameOfThrones said:

I don't need to proof anything .  Don't believe then go and buy . I have my own opinion based on my own experience which i share but it doesn't mean i force anyone to follow it 

No need to be defensive, I'm not doubting you I'd just like to see it.

On 13/02/2020 at 09:08, Branman1986 said:

Is this mintage to demand?  I've looked around and can't find any mintage numbers.

In response to questions regarding mintage...  at the moment there are no caps although I've made a suggestion to the design team to place a limit on the series to help keep demand strong.  As for timing of release, we should begin customer shipping of the Kraken's in the next week or so as I believe they have or are just about to, exit production.

Cheers,

Michael

Art in Coins

Art in Coins

5050 Rue de Sorel Suite 110  Montreal QC H4P 1G5  Canada

Email:  sales@artincoins.com      Website: artincoins.com       Phone / Whatsapp: 15149707170 

Get the free Art in Coins Mobile App       Android     Apple 

15 minutes ago, artincoins said:

In response to questions regarding mintage...  at the moment there are no caps although I've made a suggestion to the design team to place a limit on the series to help keep demand strong.  As for timing of release, we should begin customer shipping of the Kraken's in the next week or so as I believe they have or are just about to, exit production.

Cheers,

Michael

Art in Coins

Any possibility of a ten ounce version?

Just now, AgCoyote said:

Any possibility of a ten ounce version?

For the moment and to the extent of my understanding, the intent for the Creatures of the North series is just 2 oz coins.  I can certainly pose the request for a 10 ounce version...  might be a nice way to close out the series  😃

Art in Coins

5050 Rue de Sorel Suite 110  Montreal QC H4P 1G5  Canada

Email:  sales@artincoins.com      Website: artincoins.com       Phone / Whatsapp: 15149707170 

Get the free Art in Coins Mobile App       Android     Apple