• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 7000+ members.

ittle5huggy

'I wasn't allowed to buy my burrito with cash'

If this isn't the early warning signs that the banks and the elites are trying to control the mass and more importantly the wealth then I don't know what is..... when the melt down comes due to the printing of money to support the money markets and derivative markets in order to support the Banks that should be dead ducks by now because their methods of dealing with the last crisis have woefully failed and we want to take money out of the ATM's that have replaced many high street banks... these now being few and far between in order to make bank runs (people queuing to get their money)almost impossible, they can just turn off the ATM's or at least reduce us to 10 quid a day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51214832

2 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Absolutely, I have noticed some very strange things using cash since the beginning of the year.

You noticed how when you offer cash the "Cashier" lol looks at you funny and has to think what they need to do next with the Till !

Edited by ittle5huggy
spelling

On the flip side though, I have turned up at my local co-op on the way home from work and they have a had a sign saying cash only ! because their card systems down........ only time I can park easy :)🤣

10 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Absolutely, I have noticed some very strange things using cash since the beginning of the year.

It does absolutely seem to be ramping up quicker than even I am comfortable with (and I generally favour cashless spending methods). I noticed this sharply on my last trip to Canada this past November. I use cash when I travel generally to avoid fees, unfavourable exchange rates and better keep track of spending. With only one noticeable exception everyone assumed I was going to be paying using card. There was even one bewildering experience where the cashier held out the terminal for me to tap my card on while I stood there with a $50 note in my hand. It took him about 10 - 15 seconds before he realized I wasn't tapping and was trying to offer him cash. It was bizarre and though I am in the Toronto area every year it is the first time I have noticed the clear desire to not accept cash.

As an aside the one place that didn't assume I'd be paying by card...  Canadian PMX where I bought a bunch of silver. Go figure.

2 minutes ago, Xander said:

The problem is they seem to have convinced the up and coming generation that cash is not smart. The most successful propaganda tool is to convince people their idea is your idea.

Spot on

1 minute ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

As an aside the one place that didn't assume I'd be paying by card...  Canadian PMX where I bought a bunch of silver. Go figure.

Hmmmm wonder why 🤣

31 minutes ago, ittle5huggy said:

You noticed how when you offer cash the "Cashier" lol looks at you funny and has to think what they need to do next with the Till !

I had this the other week in a farming/gardening place 😂He just sat there looking at me :P

This is a very long you tube jobby but if you watch you'll get an idea of where I'm at ..... I know they are septic tanks sorry to me America cousins from this here Limey, but it's global and the same is happening in all of the Davos summit buddy's economy's ... if you do get towards the end of this vid, remember the US Dollar is the only world reserve currency ! his comments towards the end are true ... to an extent, but they are talking extreme and people not hedging in other forms as the environment moves 

Edited by ittle5huggy
added fact

Whats supposed to be the agenda by payments going electronic?  Thinking about it, you cant restrict access to money, you present card and payment is made.  Commerce stops abruptly if this isnt working.  Take that further and a bank run becomes unlikely if you dont need physical cash.  Though I wouldnt like to go cashless, and wouldn't rely on the networks being up 100% (experienced several outages). 

Edited by Martlet

14 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Whats supposed to be the agenda making us go electronic?  Thinking about it, you cant restrict access to money, you present card and payment. Take that further and a bank run becomes unlikely if you dont need physical cash, you pay for what you need when you need.  Though I wouldnt like to go cashless, and wouldn't rely on the networks being up 100% (experienced several outages). 

So.... in simple terms... you go to work and get paid.... money goes in to your bank yeah ? however the bank in the background to try and make profit due to negative interest rates... your part of that now if you have any bog standard savings at 0.1 % whilst inflation is at 2% that means your real money is -1.9% worth less.... extrapolate this to the banking system  to what is going on in the bigger picture as the vid posted explains as to how the next crash will be BIG ! Keynes economics and before weimar republic.... in short CONTROL

Edited by ittle5huggy
added comment

@ittle5huggy Current accounts have been next to nothing interest forever.  Your money might be worth less by 0.16% at the end of the month but you spent most by then.  Savings and investments are concerned with returns over medium to long term, which you dont (or shouldnt) need access to on demand. 

In any case, the article suggests the local legislators of New York and San Francisco are requiring cash be accepted by law.  Seems the issue is being snuffed out as it starts.

Edited by Martlet

16 minutes ago, Martlet said:

@ittle5huggy Current accounts have been next to nothing interest forever.  Your money might be worth less by 0.16% at the end of the month but you spent most by then.  Savings and investments are concerned with returns over medium to long term, which you dont (or shouldnt) need access to on demand. 

@Martlet Granted, you statement is correct... however have you ever heard of the upside down pyramid ? the Bottom in this case is the banking system, you are the pinnacle.... CFD's, ETF's, etc, not to mention the Repo ( overnight repurchase agreements) required to supply LIQUIDITY to keep the banks afloat that CONTROL YOUR bit of plastic..... so if they Turn Off Your water or in this case your cash... you is going thirsty... oh and by the way I pay for my account .... some benefits... but my long term is outside the system I meant savings accounts

Edited by ittle5huggy
added fact

We need a regulator with a statutory duty to protect assess to our cash. If people can receive the governments full attention when someone mispronounces they're gender preferred pronouns, then, surely 8+ Million people who's lives will be severely affected without access to cash should also receive the governments full attention. 

Edited by Xander

5 minutes ago, Xander said:

We need a regulator with a statutory duty to protect assess to our cash. If people can receive the governments full attention when someone mispronounces they're gender preferred pronouns, then, surely 8+ Million people who's lives will be severely affected without access to cash should also receive the governments full attention. 

Agreed... only one small problem who appoints the regulator .... the gits responsible for the issue

@Xander

😕

Edited by ittle5huggy
added member

3 minutes ago, ittle5huggy said:

Agreed... only one small problem who appoints the regulator .... the gits responsible for the issue

@Xander

😕

If we make it a government issue then they will play it of each other by holding each other to account, this would keep it in the media and these clowns love playing to the media, especially when there is votes involved.

@Pampfan yep.... lets see your man's George Gammon you tube is a regular watch for me ... his simple white board explanations are great and can be extrapolated to world economies, apologies for my prior septic tank remark my across the pond cousin 🥰   yours "the limey b..... stard" 🤣

Edited by ittle5huggy

@ittle5huggy - don’t worry about it. We have been called a lot worse - lol. We live in an interesting time of uncertainty. But when we look at all of history - same terrible - just different things of uncertainty. One thing for sure - hard assets will always win over paper.

2 hours ago, Martlet said:

In any case, the article suggests the local legislators of New York and San Francisco are requiring cash be accepted by law.  Seems the issue is being snuffed out as it starts.

I think it all depends on what the banks propose as the solution to the next financial crisis, last time out they reduced interest rates to zero or next to zero and printed trillions in QE and we accepted it because they said if you don't your pension could disappear, welfare would stop etc.  Now this was supposed to be temporary but it's obvious that this is now permanent.  I personally think the banksters know they face a tougher time getting us to go along with their narrative next time and much of the global chaos is being engineered to have the fingers pointing in as many directions as possible so they are not all pointing at them, it was Brexit it was China, it was Trump, the Russians, Coronavirus etc., the people should be stringing them up but they will probably fall for a good fear narrative and go along with what they propose.

All the tools traditionally used to combat crisis can no longer be used again so where do you go next, If you had said 20 years ago to someone that interest rates would be zero they would have laughed you out of town but now they are zero they can no longer drop them any further - unless they go negative and they can't do this because it would be cheaper for people to stuff cash under the mattress than it would have it in the bank, so they must do away with cash.  Funnily enough this Coronavirus would be a good argument to do away with cash, transmisison through dirty notes and coins passing from person to person.  Also funnily enough Bitcoin emerged immediately after the 2008 financial crisis.

In a cashless society they can implement negative interest rates and heavy ones at that, they would start small -1% but your wealth is now at the banks mercy so the creep upwards would begin -5%, -7% etc. or possibly introduce a tarrif for not spending, stimulate the economy or face the consequences, the control structure gets to know everything about where your money goes and what you buy, taxes and fines can be taken off you at source instantly and you can't escape any of it because all the other exits have been shut to you.

There are a lot of positives for the banks and for government and not a lot of negatives and nowadays it's all just about selling it with the right narrative.  This is why I stack as much as I can outside the banking system now while I still can as even if the cashless society does not come about QE to infinity is still the plan and all that excess money being created is going to surpass the bond and treasury buying (Japan has been at it the longest and they are now buying into the Japanese stock markets) and is going to chase physical assets and now with every central bank doing it eventually there won't be any left for the little guy.

Edited by Scuzzle

6 hours ago, ittle5huggy said:

@Pampfan yep.... lets see your man's George Gammon you tube is a regular watch for me ... his simple white board explanations are great and can be extrapolated to world economies, apologies for my prior septic tank remark my across the pond cousin 🥰   yours "the limey b..... stard" 🤣

I find Gammon's whiteboard presentation to be good but the information is over-simplified, misleading or even wrong.  Example in the "survival game plan" one he asserts banks are not productive and "steal" excess cash from the productive part of the economy.  This is emotive hyperbole, they're a broker between those with surplus cash and those wanting investment.  How would we fund large scale construction, power stations, factories, office blocks without that process?  Need to separate the excesses of banks from the fundamental purpose.  And the currency doesnt equal consumption thing, seems like a straw man argument (its a medium of exchange, neither consumption or production).

14 hours ago, Scuzzle said:

...In a cashless society they can implement negative interest rates and heavy ones at that, they would start small -1% but your wealth is now at the banks mercy so the creep upwards would begin -5%, -7% etc. or possibly introduce a tarrif for not spending, stimulate the economy or face the consequences, the control structure gets to know everything about where your money goes and what you buy, taxes and fines can be taken off you at source instantly and you can't escape any of it because all the other exits have been shut to you.

My question is why going cashless makes a difference, all this is possible with cash.  

It should be a fundamental human right for people to have access to cash. 

Cash affords an individual a measure of freedom and power in their everyday lives, something which a piece of plastic controlled and manipulated by a monetary system deliberately spawned with the intention to bleed the public dry of their hard earned cash cannot do.

The decision whether we keep cash should be decided by the people, not by a few grubby money grabbing bankers.