• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NGC UK issues?

Hey, has anyone had any issues with NGC UK been slow to provide information on their coins or is it just me?

I submitted the coins around the 20th December and still have had no acknowledgement or tracking from NGC added to my online account regarding the coins.

Fortunately they confirmed my coins were received over the phone. 

I was told despite the Christmas break the turnaround time would still be a month but by now as the 1month has been and gone and I still dont even have any tracking information on my online account regarding the coins which is a little worrying.

Its my first time using NGC UK so I wondered if this lack of info/ delays were normal for them. Its a little disconcerting to have no real updates on the coins like this. 

my last submission before christmas took a lot longer in the US than it should have done. the communication wasn't very good; my account hadn't been updated but the london office told me the coins were complete and on their way back at that time.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Yes I have also had issues, coins submitted around 18th only appeared with full listings last week I think. Was set to received at 22nd Jan on one but they are all going though now so think it was perhaps a backlog ofpaperwork onto the system. When I spoke to them they said it was all fine and would not effect target dates.

• 1 month later...

Just an update:

I am currently at 4 months and counting for these coins I sent in December. They were eventually sent for grading and sent back to NGC, at which point I paid the invoices but I never heard anything else. After another 2 weeks wait I emailed for probably the 15th time in this whole process and then they said oh you have to pay for return postage now....im thinking, well thanks for letting me know/ sending an invoice for it. So I asked how much and paid for that and now they say there are no couriers available even though i'm getting post as usual from other companies.

Its been tiring emailing these guys, its been going on so long ive really had second thoughts about the security of the service. The long delays and lack of communication or desire to resolve it has been pretty crappy.

It is true, there have been lots of issues with communications with the London office. I believe they have been short staffed due to someone leaving and there were only three of them anyway. Add in holidays and sickness... Etc.

No excuses I know, these things should be laid out clearly to customers.

In your specific case, how did you get the coins there and were/are you aware of the possible pickup/shipping possibilities? They are few in number. What was your original plan?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

@Realwealthuprising I was in contact with the London office on thursday. I had my coins returned on friday from a submission I made early January. I got the impression they are inundated with submissions prior to a maybe/maybe not shut down from Corvid 19 advice. Their couriers cannot guarantee pick up and delivery times also. I wouldnt worry at all about their security and Malca Amit couriers. I have had a bit of “email frustration” in the past but overall good service. I have learned to just be patient with them. Hope this helps

thanks everyone they did respond to emails its just there was silence and no updating for weeks. Its one of those services you want good communication or automatic updates rather then to chase things up until its dealt with which is whats happened and as it was my first submission too I dont think id have the energy to do that every time. I dont wanna rubbish their business either I appreciate that they are a small outfit but maybe the could figure something out for the future to keep people from been out the loop when they have such long delays in service.

Finally after four months the coins have arrived...I thought finally, the wait is over! Until I saw that on 2 of the 3 coins I sent the holders they came in are cracked at the top 😳 Apparently its not broken and this is acceptable for the service but as a courtesy I was told I could send them back (at my expense) to be reholdered for free.

Its hard to recall a worse experience with a paid for service. My first and last experience with NGC UK 😔

422A6C03-A3D9-442C-A8ED-858996955810.jpeg

560EE15A-AD27-4350-92FA-0690DD9C2DF7.jpeg

Yeah thats not good enough, send them back for replacing.

Ive not had mine back yet, they are in the uk and have been for some time so chased up about delivery dates and were told they cant guarantee atm, which is fine with all thats going on but ive not been asked to pay the second invoice yet (cos ive not been sent one).

That is not good and not acceptable, more issues with quality contol ! I stopped using PCGS Europe after they tried to send me several coins with bad holders, then i had a 1cm hair or fibre in the centre of a holder, then what looked like a piece of cheese on the next submission.

If I get a bad service and worse customer service following the bad service; I generally don’t use them again.

We could do with a UK coin grading company like CGS but maybe using the same system as in the states and maybe just for British coins.

I’d even appreciate a service that “graded” coins as simply “genuine” without a grade (for the right price). This would make selling 2nd hand coins a lot more transparent, especially for newbies.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

40 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

If I get a bad service and worse customer service following the bad service; I generally don’t use them again.

We could do with a UK coin grading company like CGS but maybe using the same system as in the states and maybe just for British coins.

I’d even appreciate a service that “graded” coins as simply “genuine” without a grade (for the right price). This would make selling 2nd hand coins a lot more transparent, especially for newbies.

@MancunianStacker I think that would be a really good service. I think it would do well especially if it was priced to make it a cheaper alternative to the bigger grading names.

2 hours ago, terakris said:

Yeah thats not good enough, send them back for replacing.

Ive not had mine back yet, they are in the uk and have been for some time so chased up about delivery dates and were told they cant guarantee atm, which is fine with all thats going on but ive not been asked to pay the second invoice yet (cos ive not been sent one).

@terakris Im not sure about throwing more money and effort at this one atm! Best of luck with your own coins I hope despite the wait they at least turn out well and good 👍

3 hours ago, Realwealthuprising said:

@terakris Im not sure about throwing more money and effort at this one atm! Best of luck with your own coins I hope despite the wait they at least turn out well and good 👍

I wouldn't spend money on it, but I would push them hard on it via email. It's not acceptable, they need to make it right. Let them know there's a whole forum of their customers here looking at it and wondering whether they'll bother making a submission with these kind of antics. 

On 26/03/2020 at 00:08, Melon said:

I wouldn't spend money on it, but I would push them hard on it via email. It's not acceptable, they need to make it right. Let them know there's a whole forum of their customers here looking at it and wondering whether they'll bother making a submission with these kind of antics. 

Hey @Melon, I liked your advice so I told them I just wanted a refund and that I would be sharing the experience on the forum...

They responded saying that the marks are normal and happen often and are not defects but as a gesture they would reholder them for free.

I replied saying I disagree, its not okay to send coins back in stress cracked holders. If its normal, I asked, please show me where it states on the website that holders may come back with stress cracks.

I also said even with the offer of free postage after a four month wait for the service I got thus far, I wasn't really up for it.

l explained I didn't want to take that route because id waited so long and was unhappy with the service Id received so asked again for a refund but they sent me the email below saying they wont refund as they performed the service I paid for (yes, you did, badly 🤦‍♂️)

All I could say was said fair enough but I think its only fair I share my experience with others because I thought it to be quite the crappy experience.

336CC99F-3ECC-4475-8EDA-345F1E5CE470.thumb.png.e68e2f2f37220c80035fd3f9ebaefb3b.png

1 hour ago, Realwealthuprising said:

Hey @Melon, I liked your advice so I told them I just wanted a refund and that I would be sharing the experience on the forum...

They responded saying that the marks are normal and happen often and are not defects but as a gesture they would reholder them for free.

I replied saying I disagree, its not okay to send coins back in stress cracked holders. If its normal, I asked, please show me where it states on the website that holders may come back with stress cracks.

I also said even with the offer of free postage after a four month wait for the service I got thus far, I wasn't really up for it.

l explained I didn't want to take that route because id waited so long and was unhappy with the service Id received so asked again for a refund but they sent me the email below saying they wont refund as they performed the service I paid for (yes, you did, badly 🤦‍♂️)

All I could say was said fair enough but I think its only fair I share my experience with others because I thought it to be quite the crappy experience.

Good that you pushed for a fair outcome. I think the offer to re-holder them for free including free postage is reasonable, albeit would have been good to do it right the first time! 

1 hour ago, Mkman123 said:

NGC USA has great customer service, sucks you had a bad experience with the UK office. I definitely think you should let them reholder for free and take  them up on the free postage.

Thats good to know. Normally I would trust a company to fix it but they want me to pay first and its been such a pain with them with no communication or updates, right up until the point they had the coins back for weeks without even letting me know or invoicing me for them....I figured if thats during normal times corona times will be even less functional so im gonna leave it.

Archived