• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buying in person Europe

Stackerads

Evening, 

Just a question for anyone who has maybe bought over the counter in Europe before, 

Im curious if VAT will be added on to purchases from the likes of goldsilver.be, silver-to-go etc once the UK leaves the European Union at the end of this month, 

Im going to Belgium in march on a 2 day mini cruise from Hull and i got thinking, i wonder if you can buy a bulk amount of silver over the counter from goldsilver.be to bring back to the UK? 

Assuming VAT will be added to purchases from Europe its one way to keep the cost down on stacking 

Anyone have and information or personal experience buying in person from Europe? Is it possible to buy over the counter from goldsilver.be? 

Thanks 

Adam. 

Nope, you have until the end of the year before tax will be applied.  Nothing changes until a full deal is done.  If you want silver buy as much as you can before the end of the year.  As a side note, gold is only VAT free because we are in Europe.  We took VAT off to align with the EU.  Once we leave it will probably go back on.  So, buy as much gold as you can before the end of the year. 😀

23 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Nope, you have until the end of the year before tax will be applied.  Nothing changes until a full deal is done.  If you want silver buy as much as you can before the end of the year.  As a side note, gold is only VAT free because we are in Europe.  We took VAT off to align with the EU.  Once we leave it will probably go back on.  So, buy as much gold as you can before the end of the year. 😀

Good to know i personally only stack britannias and sovereigns so il take your advice on board and get to work hard stacking, less holidays this year more precious metals 😁

Thanks for your input. 

Adam. 

I have been buying over the counter in Europe last year and nothing happened when I entered the UK. But it was only two silver coins and one gold coin. But I know someone who flew to Estonia only to buy silver in bulk in person and he had no issues either. I can't see a physical address on goldsilverbe's website.

Maybe you find some other coin shops in Brussels:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bruessel+gold+coin+shop&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=50839827,4376383,2038&tbm=lcl&ved=2ahUKEwji143xmKLnAhWGh1wKHZs_ArkQtgN6BAgLEAU&tbs=lrf:!1m4!1u3!2m2!3m1!1e1!1m4!1u2!2m2!2m1!1e1!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:10&rldoc=1#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:[[50.85613870469244,4.3797636753905635],[50.8390681527515,4.32242877548822],null,[50.84760420954518,4.351096225439392],14]

This one doesn't seem to show what silver they are selling but from this page I have just learned that gold is goud, silver is zilver and kopen means buy and verkopen means sell, in Dutch

https://nl.numagold.be/

40 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

I have been buying over the counter in Europe last year and nothing happened when I entered the UK. But it was only two silver coins and one gold coin. But I know someone who flew to Estonia only to buy silver in bulk in person and he had no issues either. I can't see a physical address on goldsilverbe's website.

Maybe you find some other coin shops in Brussels:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bruessel+gold+coin+shop&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=50839827,4376383,2038&tbm=lcl&ved=2ahUKEwji143xmKLnAhWGh1wKHZs_ArkQtgN6BAgLEAU&tbs=lrf:!1m4!1u3!2m2!3m1!1e1!1m4!1u2!2m2!2m1!1e1!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:10&rldoc=1#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:[[50.85613870469244,4.3797636753905635],[50.8390681527515,4.32242877548822],null,[50.84760420954518,4.351096225439392],14]

This one doesn't seem to show what silver they are selling but from this page I have just learned that gold is goud, silver is zilver and kopen means buy and verkopen means sell, in Dutch

https://nl.numagold.be/

Fantastic advice thank you, happy to buy anywhere if they can match gsbe prices, 

Searched for gsbe address myself just now and cant find an address so im guessing a walk in service isnt possible, 

Never the less im sure il come back from Belgium with a nice amount 🤞 just trying to stay one step ahead of VAT which im sure will happen, were taxed on everything else 🙄

Thanks again 

Adam. 

14 hours ago, Stackerads said:

Anyone have and information or personal experience buying in person from Europe? Is it possible to buy over the counter from goldsilver.be? 

Goldsilver.be doesn't have a store to go look. I have read on their website however that you could ask to collect your online order yourself on demand. The address in Wavre isn't their distribution center, but I believe upon request you could arrange pick-up there. I expect the order needs to be sizable though.

Goud999.com is also a Belgian dealer, who does have a store in Ghent, but most of their prices are higher then goldsilver.be. I have bought from them because they had a good Libertad deal before.

I bring that from memory but when i was wondering about the same thing and done some research i got info that when we leave EU you will have to pay tax on everything brought in to UK which is worth more than 390 pounds.  

5 hours ago, StevenDS said:

Goldsilver.be doesn't have a store to go look. I have read on their website however that you could ask to collect your online order yourself on demand. The address in Wavre isn't their distribution center, but I believe upon request you could arrange pick-up there. I expect the order needs to be sizable though.

Goud999.com is also a Belgian dealer, who does have a store in Ghent, but most of their prices are higher then goldsilver.be. I have bought from them because they had a good Libertad deal before.

Appreciate the advice, il certainly enquire about collecting if its possible il be going to Belgium more often after brexit, were taking the car on the ship too so that will help with transporting it

Thanks again

Adam. 

2 hours ago, Michal said:

I bring that from memory but when i was wondering about the same thing and done some research i got info that when we leave EU you will have to pay tax on everything brought in to UK which is worth more than 390 pounds.  

Im not familiar with a capped amount, but im curious if its £390 per person or per group? Theres 8 of us going over if its 390 each we will just max out the allowance each. 

14 minutes ago, Stackerads said:

Appreciate the advice, il certainly enquire about collecting if its possible il be going to Belgium more often after brexit, were taking the car on the ship too so that will help with transporting it

Thanks again

Adam. 

I'm also located in Belgium, so don't forget to look at my sales topic if you want to avoid the shipping cost. 😉

4 hours ago, Stackerads said:

Im not familiar with a capped amount, but im curious if its £390 per person or per group? Theres 8 of us going over if its 390 each we will just max out the allowance each. 

It was per person. But please go and do more research it was over a year when i was looking in to that. 

Archived