• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Leaving the EU - SOTD Sovereign

creative

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, there you have it. 1,500 sovs at 800 bones a pop gone. Talk about money for old rope. I mean someone has to keep Harry and Megs and all the hangers on in fine wines afterall !

Queue the flippers batting their fins and flippity flopping. Let the games begin 😂

The Prince Albert SotDs mysteriously came back in stock, and are still in stock, at the RM.  No one seems to want them even at £500 or so anymore.  What are the chances these £800 “sold out” SotDs will be back in stock again? 😆

Added 0 minutes later...
5 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Not such a long wait!

Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 02.14.13.png

Haha it’ll be fun to see what price the London Coin Company flogs these at 😂🤣

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

The Prince Albert SotDs mysteriously came back in stock, and are still in stock, at the RM.  No one seems to want them even at £500 or so anymore.  What are the chances these £800 “sold out” SotDs will be back in stock again? 😆

I know someone who bought three of these- they all had to go back as they were damaged.

Added 0 minutes later...
4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

What are the chances these £800 “sold out” SotDs will be back in stock again? 😆

Safe bet 😉

Finally getting back to the Forum after two painful weeks in uniform...which looks to have been a blessing in disguise for making me miss this SOTD. Sadly underwhelming and disappointing. Makes one start to reconsider all of these modern Sovs going forward. Still think Sovs are awesome, just that as has been alluded, The Royal Mint may be trying to normalize the collector market somehow. Not working for me. Side note...I am extremely tired and may be rambling incoherently...🥺

12 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Finally getting back to the Forum after two painful weeks in uniform...which looks to have been a blessing in disguise for making me miss this SOTD. Sadly underwhelming and disappointing. Makes one start to reconsider all of these modern Sovs going forward. Still think Sovs are awesome, just that as has been alluded, The Royal Mint may be trying to normalize the collector market somehow. Not working for me. Side note...I am extremely tired and may be rambling incoherently...🥺

Welcome back! 

Don’t worry there’s always this one:

Can't believe SOTD sold out already; rewarding the RM for their gross pricing 😬

The line has to be drawn somewhere and I thought it would be £800/1500 mintage but apparently not

They should have a plain edge with "mugs" inscribed 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

They have done. They put a tiny gate on it and added 300 quid 🤣

Hey it has a plain edge too! :D

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Glad you’re back.  And no you’re not rambling.  Most of us are wide-eyed and appalled at the new SotD Sovereign 😵

1 hour ago, jultorsk said:

Hey it has a plain edge too! :D

👍
And that is the issue. What was once revered - the plain edge - is now not. The RM have cannibalised the product, so that even we are making fun of it (at these prices certainly).

Still, no use crying over their spilt milk. Let’s enjoy the moment !💃

17 minutes ago, xthomasx said:

Just saved 800 Pounds :) 

Was the right decision, I think. Let's see how future SotDs will be priced...

I'm going to watch with great interest how it does resale wise

We on the forum are the typical buyers of sotd sovereigns and none of us seem to have opted for it for £800

So who are they going to resell for more to?

ps Don't get me wrong, I hope anyone who got one enjoys it/make a profit on it

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I just went to have a look. Can’t get on. According to Twitter it seems it was a right old mess last nice. I’m guessing it’s old sold out now? 

Added 0 minutes later...
Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

I just went to have a look. Can’t get on. According to Twitter it seems it was a right old mess last night. I’m guessing it’s old sold out now? 

Have to say I like the privy itself, certainly more than the scribble one. 

I do wonder who the market is for £800 coin, i'd have thought the regular customers would be put off by premium, while general population wouldn't know about this issue.  Also had to know it was there, because navigation doesn't seem to be in place to find these by browsing.  May be the Una publicity has brought in a lot of eyes?

39 minutes ago, xthomasx said:

Just saved 800 Pounds :) 

Was the right decision, I think. Let's see how future SotDs will be priced...

If the Royal Mint has sold out, it will probably be £850 next time!

Archived