• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Leaving the EU - SOTD Sovereign

creative

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, jultorsk said:

But the 50p design has been the same since October... shouldn't be a surprise factor? Still on the fence with the SOTD sov. Tempted just out of principle 🤫 

I really dislike whoever calls the shots at the Royal Min, they obviously have no taste to approve tat like this

If I was in charge and asked for a design to commemorate brexit and someone brought me this I'd spit in their face  

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

37 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

£800 for the SotD?

That is one hefty premium of £514.82
(over the base metal value of £285.18 at today's spot of £38,984.38 / Kg)

...which on it's own - is crazy close to the cost of a modern proof sov

Wow.... good I saw this thread today. Now, I need to scheme in order to have £800 (at least) ready for 31 January... ouch. 😕

This coin might be expensive but think of the demand... Brexit is not just any old thing... it is a huge change for the UK, affecting all our lives, whether we voted for it or not. So, I think these coins will be sought after not only for sovereign collectors, like the usual SOTDs, but also political nostalgists... and other types of collectors. So the demand is probably going to be huge, especially in the secondary market (as most will probably miss out on the early rush before sell-out).

It's a lot of money though, damn... and scrambles my plans a bit now. But oh well, we adapt.

With this £800 pricing of the SOTD Sov it seems the Royal Mint is reacting to previous SOTD secondary market sales and trying to well and truely take the scalps of the flippers.

Absolutely outrageous pricing, but will no doubt be lapped up as per usual once the hype train rolls in.

Edit - Insult to injury the portcullis privy is lame, lazy and woefully uninspired for such an important event.

£800 for 1500 mintage 😬

The Vic and Albert were £500 and 650 mintage right?

That's an outrageous price even by RM standards, especially considering the mintage, yuck. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

My first reaction reading that there would be a SotD Sov with a 'Brexit privy' was incredulity.

I'm still trying to take it in really, but as of the last day or two my opinion had been that they need to do a very low mintage to make these 'hot'. I was thinking maybe 300 - 500 (the latter absolute max) which would still suck for some of those who have bought into the SotD 'series' and struggling to get this latest release, but imo it was the only way to make this one desirable beyond that (present) niche. Could I be wrong long-term? I would of course hope so for all the folk on here.

£800?

Staggered.

Told ya 🧐 £800 is all well and good,but won't this price it out of the range of people that want it for their collection.

Or alot of people anyway,So now all the people that moaned about shops getting to many.Or the queue system being shite etc etc.

Royal mint have fixed this for you.Now you can't even afford one 😭😆

47k for the 50p is dire too.

Higher mintage I expected... Higher price tag perhaps but not that much. Collecting the sotd now puts me in a tricky situation. 800 for a sov is a lot, that's more than a proof and u could prob find a 2017 sotd for not much more and chances are quality would be better. May get one as I can always send back just to see what it's like.... but not too happy.

3 minutes ago, terakris said:

Higher mintage I expected... Higher price tag perhaps but not that much. Collecting the sotd now puts me in a tricky situation. 800 for a sov is a lot, that's more than a proof and u could prob find a 2017 sotd for not much more and chances are quality would be better. May get one as I can always send back just to see what it's like.... but not too happy.

Yeah don't buy one will be like £300 cheaper after afew months.Plus the mintage of all these coins wouldn't be so bad overall it's the design of them :(

it's total pants and lazy,boring looking etc.

They won't sell as many as they think to the normal folk either,as there's no charm to the coins.

Archived