• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First time grading

SilverTongue

If you are in London on 1 February you could pop into the Silver Forum lounge at the London Coin Fair and look up @Numistacker who could do the submission for you (he's even got the right flips!).  He could also tell you if the coins are worth grading or need conservation etc. which may help if this is not something you have done before

@Gordon is right. Carefully transfer coins into mylar flips. They are quite expensive but the right tool for the job. Put one coin per flip even though they have two pouches to make it easier for ngc to get them out. Use the other flip side for a piece of paper or sticker with coin description, special instructions, submission line number etc. You can send capsules and get them sent back for a charge, but risk of them opening in transit in my experience. Good luck with your grading.

Yes put them in saflips, or send them in capsules if they are snug and well-dedigned caps that won't open in transit, but you have to pay $5 (don't know what NGC UK charge for capsule return) to have them sent sent back to you with your graded coins.

24 minutes ago, SilverTongue said:

@STONE well I'm hoping that once they are graded it will gain me entry to the vast imperial empire that is Chine where I can work from within to bring communism crashing down like a Ricky Gervais joke about Jimmy Saville

Hmmm, it may be worth considering the optional scratch-resistant holders in that case.

:ph34r:

2 hours ago, SilverTongue said:

@STONE well I'm hoping that once they are graded it will gain me entry to the vast imperial empire that is Chine where I can work from within to bring communism crashing down like a Ricky Gervais joke about Jimmy Saville

What? I thought your initial question was serious. So since it is not:

Communist Quiz sketch

@STONE it was a serious question and apologies for the sarcasm but to be fair your comment about my 'true motive' kind of deserved it. I have children who like shinny thins like bloody magpies and the majority of coins I have I don't mind them touching as they are simply there for their future but there are a few in my collection that I'd like to slab so they won't get fingers all over them so they will hold their value or maybe even go up in price in the future.

True motives is just an american way of saying "what kind of outcome are you looking for"... Grading may be an expensive way to keep the kids from mucking up the coins especially if they dont grade well. What about some Airtites?

18 hours ago, STONE said:

True motives is just an american way of saying "what kind of outcome are you looking for"... Grading may be an expensive way to keep the kids from mucking up the coins especially if they dont grade well. What about some Airtites?

Ah forgive my international ignorance. I don't have much in the collection that I'd want to grade but id quite like these graded

Archived