• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Selling some sov’s , advice please

SovStacks

Hi all, I’m looking to sell some sovereigns but would like some advice first.

I’ll be in London this week and plan on visiting HGM to unload some sovereigns, speaking to them earlier on the phone the buying price they gave was reasonable, £278 based on today’s price. I also have some 1/4 gold Queens Beasts but HGM are offering £292 which seems a little low so I may hold these back and sell privately. 

Most of the sovereigns I have are standard but there are a few early ones which I’m unsure if they have any extra numismatic value, if there isn't much added value than spot price I’d be happy for HGM to have them  -

1883 M, 1911 L, 1917 P, 1923 P, 1958 L (all in fair condition) 

2017 privy marked (very good condition)

A rough indication of the value of these 1/4 Queens Beasts if selling privately -

Dragon, Griffin, Lion, Unicorn (all in very good condition) 

Any help on the above valuations would be much appreciated, thanks. 

1 hour ago, SovStacks said:

Most of the sovereigns I have are standard but there are a few early ones which I’m unsure if they have any extra numismatic value, if there isn't much added value than spot price I’d be happy for HGM to have them  -

1883 M, 1911 L, 1917 P, 1923 P, 1958 L (all in fair condition) 

2017 privy marked (very good condition)

The 2017 privy goes for a little more than straight bullion.

1911 1923P 1958 all bullion. In theory the 1917P is regarded as scarce, you may get a bit better price if you sell separately but only in very good condition.

The 1883M is common but the G&D YH sovs go for a little more in general. See what price HGM sell them for, they will only give you the same as bullion price.

All in all you'll get more for them all on the forum than HGM. Depends how quickly you want to sell and how much effort you want to put in.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Brilliant, thanks Steve. This is kind of what I gathered as they were mostly all bought from Atkinson’s as spot sov’s, I just wanted some advice just in case there was a hidden gem in there! Given the small premiums and hassle of listing and posting I’ll most probably deal with HGM and try my luck squeezing a little more out of them. I’ll hang on to the QB’s for the time being and look into selling privately in the near future. Thanks 

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up selling the sovereigns to Sharps Pixley which was a pleasant straight forward transaction. 
I still have the 4 QB’s which I’d still like to sell but unfortunately don’t yet have enough posts to submit a sales thread.

Ideally I’d like a face to face cash transaction, I’m based near Swindon, anyone interested please PM. 

Thanks 

On 23/01/2020 at 04:59, Tn21 said:

List them here on the forum, 

Put pictures up along with the prices you would like for the coins mentioned. Members will inbox you and a deal potentially can be struck

This. And if you are unsure about the buyer, @BackyardBullion provides an intermediary service I believe.

However, if it is a reliable member with history and good feedback, you are pretty much good to go. Don’t forget to mention methods of payment.

5 minutes ago, SovStacks said:

Thanks. Unfortunately my current post count doesn’t allow me to list in the sales section. Does anyone know how many posts “unlock” this feature? 😁

GO for "upgrade" to at least SILVER membership - is the easyist and quickest method! Buddy !👍

Archived