• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 Perth Mint 1oz Dragon bar

Lucas7436

Hi all, 

I know a lot of people love the design in these bars, I just wanted to let you know I’ve heard from a supplier that 200+ bars are being delivered to them next week, I expect numerous others will be delivered around that time to several places as well, so don’t think you need to rush on individuals because you’re not going to miss out. 👍🏻👍🏻 🇦🇺 

Probably because the 2020 design will be released soon. Last year was in February.

Where does this sudden 2019 supply come from? Mintage is limited to 250K. Lower then the 500K of the 2018.

Edit: Or do you mean the 2020 release already?

Well I specifically asked about 2019 minted Dragons, unless I confused them, I’d guess it’s old stock on the way out to them? If it’s 2020 I’d be very pleased. On the Perth website last week they advertised the 2020 with a picture of the 2019’s so I called them to clarify which is for sale, they realised the mistake and took it down. I would be happy with either 2019 or 2020 tubes

2018 design (to me) is nicer but I won’t find a tube at a reasonable rate anymore.

6 hours ago, Lucas7436 said:

Well I specifically asked about 2019 minted Dragons, unless I confused them, I’d guess it’s old stock on the way out to them? If it’s 2020 I’d be very pleased. On the Perth website last week they advertised the 2020 with a picture of the 2019’s so I called them to clarify which is for sale, they realised the mistake and took it down. I would be happy with either 2019 or 2020 tubes

2018 design (to me) is nicer but I won’t find a tube at a reasonable rate anymore.

Curious, might in fact be the 2020 release which was released on the website too soon with a 2019 placeholder picture.

I have 1 tube of each year and created a thread with stock of mostly European dealers for the 2018. Not much left indeed and premiums are high on those. About €24 / USD 27 for the 2018 now.

I wonder whether they will continue doing dragons or whether they might switch to one of the other Feng Shui animals: Phoenix, Tiger or Tortoise. I wouldn't mind them switching to another animal for the next two releases.

I reality hope they also make a 10 oz version (coinbar) this year, but with a high enough mintage, making it a decent premium investment bar for Europe (no VAT on coinbars).

I would even buy a 1 kg or 100 oz version if the premium was decent.

The design would really shine on a bigger bar.

Archived