• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Sovereign 2017 gold proof coin

Markfair

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2017s have sold up to £750 on Ebay over the past few months, but £650ish is more common.  Bear in mind those will be priced to take into account Ebay and Paypal fees which are around 13% iirc so £600 may be a more realistic figure.  You may struggle to sell it on here with no trading feedback as that's a lot of money to send to an unknown username on an internet forum.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sop=3&_osacat=0&_odkw=2017+gold+sovereign&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1311.R4.TR4.TRC0.A0.H1.X2017+gold+full+sovereign.TRS0&_nkw=2017+full+gold+sovereign&_sacat=0 

here are all the sales of the 2017 full sovereign in the past few months

Actual sales are in figures in GREEN

Ignore listed priced, what is in green is what acutally people have ponyied up and paid/bid.

eBay might get you a couple of quid more than here and most here are tighter than a Yorkshire Scotsman who doesnt like spending money ! :) 

especially if you have an eBay seller ID and lots of feedback

as not to burst your bubble, but as you a kind of "newbie" here you may need to take a leap of faith and trust someone who might want to buy it by sending it to them first on trust, check they have good feedback score here on the forum and lots of deals done.

good luck with the sale :) its a great piece. if you dont need the cash sit on it, this will be a good coin to hold for years to come, very little downside risk by sitting on it

1 minute ago, Markfair said:

My stepfather left quite the collection and wanna do the best i can for him and my mum.

dont do anything in haste, if your stepfather has been savvy enough to invest in gold you may very well have some gems 

dont feel rushed to do anything. whatever you dont dont be tempted to sell it for the nearest "cash for gold", cashconvertors /cashgenerator,  pawnbrokers.

Even if you choose to liquidate the collection in once swoop just getting the precious metals content of the coins, we can point you in the direction on who can be trusted & give you the best price

4 minutes ago, Markfair said:

Have imperial coins coming tomorrow to give rough valuation will take my time on decision but glad i found this site 

I've never heard of them and they don't seem to have a website... have you got a link please?

19 minutes ago, Markfair said:

Totally understand what your saying goldking being new to this.

My stepfather left quite the collection and wanna do the best i can for him and my mum.

Understandable.  Paul above makes a number of good points, firstly in that with the way the price of gold continues to increase it would be wise to lock it away and let it continue to appreciate in value if you don't NEED to liquidate it.  Also, as bonkers as it might sound to you as a newbie, the concept of you sending it to a buyer from here with a good trading reputation before payment is worth serious consideration.  A lot of buying and selling is done between members based purely on trust and their forum/trading reputation and there are often very large sums involved.  Imo you'd be safer trusting a reputable member on here rather than risk a 'bait n switch' scam selling on Ebay or being fleeced for a large percentage flogging it to a coin dealer.

4 minutes ago, Markfair said:

I havent got a link its where he bought alot of the coins

I can already tell you that their visit will not end well.  They are not a well known company, and the company itself has been dormant for over 3 years - they should not be trading under that name.

PLEASE - please upload pictures of your coins on here.  You will get honest, realistic advice - much like above.  People will tell you the highest price, and then a realistic price for a good sale which is good for both buyer and seller.  This is the best site in the UK for gold and silver advice.

I suspect this Imperial Coin company have overcharged for these coins, and will then quote a fairly low price when valuing because they'll want to buy them back for another profit.

Just two mins googling found them on back of @Clens92 as he says dormant company, not at an actuall address, working out of a Suite in Regent Street London

a little director searching and think this may be their trading business "investments"

The address to impress but it will be a virtual address/office

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/05256159/IMPERIAL-COINS-INVESTMENTS-LIMITED/financials

Not good finanicals, no cash in the bank

Archived