• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Queen (band) Coin - 9am

9 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I'm so lucky, I just checked the Royal Mint website and saw the 1oz silver proof is available! So I snatched one for £90 while I could, and I see it is sold out again :D

They are going for crazy prices now on eBay, over £200. Also, sold out at Coin Connection.

I'm going to grade this one and sell it.

Well done 👍

sold mine on ebay for £185 

• 2 weeks later...

O really , so how does one acquire such a thing ?(rm manager) @Mike  that’s jokingly said in a very very posh voice,  But in no ways p### taking 

just seems very fancy mike !!! 😉

Edited by magpie79

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=queen+2020+gold+coin+&_sacat=0&_sop=16&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

Looking at the action in the 1oz gold Queen coin aftermarket, no shortage of genuine sales on a mintage of x300, flippers have been out in force for it, but amount of green confirmed sales is encouraging

The 2oz gold at a super low x53 mintage

2oz is a nice weighty chunk of Au. to hold Nice and weighty

About the maxium cost joe public could stomach, £3995 if Una & Lion is the same RRP for 2oz but would be the jewel in the crown of an Queen collectors music memorabilia collection AND coin collector alike

Queen fans can have very deep pockets when needed, the 1977 200 limited edition of Bohemian Rhapsody on 7" on royal blue vinyl that was released for EMI services to music 1977 was limited to 200, a full set with 7" record,invite, goblets, scarf, envelope, menu & bag   is around £3500-£5000 the very rare times they have came to market over the past years 

http://www.queencollector.net/BlueBohRhap_UK.htm

https://bid.omegaauctions.co.uk/m/lot-details/index/catalog/12/lot/3942

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2012/nov/22/britains-rarest-record-yours-200000

Im pretty confident that would be a strong caditiate to hold its own value RRP with good chance up an upside long time, especially if spot increases in years to come

You will always have 2oz of gold there (approx £2,400 minium)

Putting my rep on the line saying this one may be worth a punt personally 

17 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Interesting ! But dodgy tactics from the mint 

a little unfair for people that brought from the First release (especially 1oz gold buyers) that are thinking they had a best coin from that series 

It was known that they would be releasing these coins since the original ones were released. I personally didn't buy any of the original ones as seeing the mintage for these upcoming coins it was clear (IMO) that these would be the ones to have.

Seriously, i think if you know your credit worthy (ie pay all your bills on times) they will extend a level of credit to what you safe with 

They will proably just run a credit check on you through experian or equifax to determine your risk factor

https://www.royalmint.com/help/onlineshoppingfaqs/payment-types/

"If you already have a credit account with the Royal Mint and it covers the total cost of your order you can choose during the checkout process to use your available credit to make the purchase."

Might be just as easy to give them a ring to see how you go about it.  

But personally i would never want to be in hock for what is supposed to be an investment, if i cant afford I simply cant get it just now

2 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Fair point @AppleZippoandMetronome

i brought two coins from the first release 

I didn’t see anything about later releases 

wish I did I would of waited to 

The ones from the first release should remain desirable, as only a small fraction of people would be able to get their hands on these special ones. It might even enhance the popularity of the first ones..

3 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

The ones from the first release should remain desirable, as only a small fraction of people would be able to get their hands on these special ones. It might even enhance the popularity of the first ones..

Agree very much here. With those mintages there definitely won't be enough to go around. Getting one of these is going to require a bit of luck as much as anything else