• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

British 10 oz Silver Valiant Coin design question

fastlanwan

The background design of the British Silver Valiant backdrop has tiny square type shapes in it. What is this background called or the effect it creates called?

Tag on question, does anyone know what month last year the 2019 Valiant silver coin was released? 

I love the 2018 version of this coin as it has the greatest overall of this background effect compared to the 2019 version of the same coin.

40 minutes ago, fastlanwan said:

The background design of the British Silver Valiant backdrop has tiny square type shapes in it. What is this background called or the effect it creates called?

Tag on question, does anyone know what month last year the 2019 Valiant silver coin was released? 

I love the 2018 version of this coin as it has the greatest overall of this background effect compared to the 2019 version of the same coin.

10  oz 2018 Valiant has got a guilloche design against a diamond-patterned background. Don't know what the 2019 design is called.

I actually like the 2019 version a lot better than the 2018 version, I like the fact that the coin details - year and what not, are easily visibile and read on the inner circumference of the coin, and that I don't need o know much about or anything about the coin to know what it is and don't need to spend any time researching what the coin is and what date it is - which is precisely what I hate about certain years of Britannias especially the 2001 Britannia.

3 hours ago, Seth said:

I actually like the 2019 version a lot better than the 2018 version, I like the fact that the coin details - year and what not, are easily visibile and read on the inner circumference of the coin, and that I don't need o know much about or anything about the coin to know what it is and don't need to spend any time researching what the coin is and what date it is - which is precisely what I hate about certain years of Britannias especially the 2001 Britannia.

That is part of what makes this coin hobby great as we all don't have the same opinions of what is beautifully or valuable. n Or we would all go for the same items making prices so high as few of us could ever get a piece we truly desire.

Archived