• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Official TSF Promo - BUY silver at SPOT (17 Jan 2020)

Lr103
Message added by ChrisSilver

Official TSF promotion 

The Silver Forum and I are running some promotions to encourage more buyers in the USA & Canada trade section.  We will be making several listings periodically with silver coins for sale at SPOT + cost of shipping. (The formatting of these promotions may change in the future).  We will initially be selling some ASEs:

1854605075_ScreenShot2020-01-17at1_34_49PM.png.94911aec75fc08121ab9a2b67c9aa209.png

The first member to reply to this listing will be able to get up to three 1oz silver Eagles for SPOT + the cost of shipping.  This listing is for 1 to 3 ASE 1oz silver random year coins. 

Promotion for buyers in USA & Canada, spot is calculated by @Lr103 at the time of messaging the buyer.

51 minutes ago, Agnostic said:

Hmmm, interesting promotion.

I hope these are able to achieve the goal of increasing sales in the USA & Canada section of the site.  The UK & Europe section has constant activity, but not so much here.  It is much less expensive to sell here than on eBay, and as a result that should also mean better deals for buyers!

2 minutes ago, Agnostic said:

I appreciate the sentiment and the goal. I just fail to see how giving one member a deal is going to

help the cause. Maybe get more people to look at the adds?? IDK

This promotion will repeat in the near future, so hopefully others will participate as well.  The idea is that if forum members know that there will be more silver at spot deals at unannounced intervals, they will be more likely to monitor this currently less active section of the forum.  Hopefully if more forum members participate to take advantage of promotions, it will grow membership and participation on our side of the pond!

I think it would be awesome if the USA & Canada section had the volume and variety of items for sale currently in UK & Europe section, all availabe without customs forms or enormous shipping costs! 😊 

• Founder & Administrator
18 hours ago, Agnostic said:

Maybe get more people to look at the adds?? IDK

Precisely. The promotion should hopefully make the USA & Canada section more active as members are constantly checking this trade section to see if there is a promotion, whilst doing this they may also check other seller’s items and see something they like to buy.

It is kind of how supermarkets have a “loss leader” they advertise a product at a loss on a TV advert, people go into the supermarket to purchase that item and positioned right next to that item is another item that some of people also spontaneously purchase, e.g. they advertise low priced beer and next to the beer is sole crisps on offer. Or the customer shops around other parts of the supermarket. The offer gets more customers into their store which is ultimately good for the store.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

In my experience in general, sellers from the USA / Canada tend to charge quite a lot for postage to UK. For example on ebay... you may buy 1 oz generic pré owned silver round at spot and then they charge you £10-£14 postage so you end up paying £28 for a generic 1 oz round. What are your thought about it?

2 hours ago, juansanto7 said:

In my experience in general, sellers from the USA / Canada tend to charge quite a lot for postage to UK. For example on ebay... you may buy 1 oz generic pré owned silver round at spot and then they charge you £10-£14 postage so you end up paying £28 for a generic 1 oz round. What are your thought about it?

I agree.  For whatever reason, it definitely seems to cost much more to send from the USA to the UK, than the other way around!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived