• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 7000+ members.

7 minutes ago, goldking said:

I guess Ebay have removed the listing as it's not coming up via a search for "krugerrand" or "gold krugerrand" for me.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F303440305484

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1984-1oz-gold-krugerrand-READ-DESCRIPTION/303440305484

Edited by Sovereign

Not entirely sure it matters if the seller doesn't take it back.
If it is fake or not gold then the buyer has protection irrespective of the seller's conditions.
However there is a clause in PP protection T's & C's that excludes gold so best avoid as a grey area indeed if it came to making a claim.

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Not entirely sure it matters if the seller doesn't take it back.
If it is fake or not gold then the buyer has protection irrespective of the seller's conditions.
However there is a clause in PP protection T's & C's that excludes gold so best avoid as a grey area indeed if it came to making a claim.

Agreed the buyer covered with ebay ..maybe not paypal 

let’s hope he test it some buyers believe the writing on the coin !! 

Ebay or PayPal will hold the funds whatever as it’s a new user and high risk item. The funds are held for about 4 weeks (might be 6) and only if no dispute was raised do they release. They do realease funds 24/48 hours after tracking (if inputted says delivered- and no dispute raised) or feedback is given (and no dispute). Both ebay and PayPal have definitely learnt to try to put a stop to new users selling high value ticket items and getting away with non delivery... 

What they categorically haven’t put a stop to is established users playing the ‘charge back’ system, knowing the buyer is always given the benefit of doubt, leaving sellers open to double robbery. Robbed of their item by unscrupulous buyers and then by PayPal who make them pay back the original amount too.

I had a very honest PayPal rep giving me some incredibly straight up advice after I was ripped off for the price of a gold sovereign. An ebay account that she confirmed had made several such charge backs. Still they automatically find in buyers favour... Some of these crooks know exactly how to play the system and do so with impunity. PayPal don’t seem to care as long as they get there money. The lady explained to me, if a buyer wins a dispute case such as the one I brought against a buyer who stole a sovereign off me and retuned a penny coin, statistically they are 90 something % more likely to go and and make another purchase... All about PayPals bottom line.

Not bothered its outright theft. Grrrr 

56 minutes ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

I had a very honest PayPal rep giving me some incredibly straight up advice after I was ripped off for the price of a gold sovereign. An ebay account that she confirmed had made several such charge backs. Still they automatically find in buyers favour... Some of these crooks know exactly how to play the system and do so with impunity. PayPal don’t seem to care as long as they get there money. The lady explained to me, if a buyer wins a dispute case such as the one I brought against a buyer who stole a sovereign off me and retuned a penny coin, statistically they are 90 something % more likely to go and and make another purchase... All about PayPals bottom line.

Not bothered its outright theft. Grrrr 

When I sell or buy PMs regardless if it is on TSF / eBay or from dealer I do a video boxing/unboxing as evidence of what I have received or sent. From my personal experience been a case where received four 1 oz Gold Griffin placed in a single plastic sleeve and the condition of the coins when received were dented and damaged but due to my unboxing video the dealer had no choice but to replace all my coins. Video recording of PMs sending and receiving will help you if you need to provide evidence to support your case (damaged items, lack of duty care of packaging, downright fraud).

Edited by Abyss