• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Question re: Buying Euro gold

AndyC44

I did a search and didn't find the answer to my question, but apologies if it has been covered already... As we know we leave the EU on 31'st, and so buying VAT free silver goes with it. However, is buying gold from European sites in Euros still an available option? That's not going to be curtailed in any way?

3 minutes ago, AndyC44 said:

I did a search and didn't find the answer to my question, but apologies if it has been covered already... As we know we leave the EU on 31'st, and so buying VAT free silver goes with it. However, is buying gold from European sites in Euros still an available option? That's not going to be curtailed in any way?

This isn't true.  The transition period will continue until the end of the year.

It will all depend on how HMRC classify gold and silver post our regulatory departure from the EU.

I just got an email from the European mint that states the following:

Free movement of people and goods will then still be possible up to and including
31 December 2020. Get your VAT-Free silver from the European Mint while you can!

After 31st December 2020, if you are planning a European holiday you could buy EU silver but ask them to vault it until you collect it personally. I suppose it could be classed as holiday souvenirs - couldn't it ? 😉

4 hours ago, Airhead said:

After 31st December 2020, if you are planning a European holiday you could buy EU silver but ask them to vault it until you collect it personally. I suppose it could be classed as holiday souvenirs - couldn't it ? 😉

YES with caveats - - If HMRC and EU change the "personal allowance " then maybe NOT

At the moment you can (are allowed) carry up to 10,000E  of PM per person (Think wifey/partner here!)

Archived