• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Unreleased to public Perth Mint coin

StackSellRepeat

Good Morning,

So I recently stumbled across this beauty, I believe it was unreleased to the public & confirmed by Perth Mint it was minted for a private investment company in the states with a mintage of 50,000. I can’t seem to find any info online, Plus PM where vague if all 50,000 coins where minted or if that’s just the maximum capped mintage number.

So my question is if I where to get this graded, Would the grading company slab these as special issue (Would they contact Perth to get a confirmation) ?

Does anybody have any experience coming across a similar scenario as I have ?

TIA

01D515D4-9391-4297-8CBD-FA664D349763.jpeg

B77B114E-4CE1-4419-B77A-45A1DF7F0C3D.jpeg

D9CE26A3-4276-4A4A-8E0C-95FFAA3F83BB.jpeg

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

4 minutes ago, StevenDS said:

Same design, but with a 'American Bald Eagle' banner.

https://gsiexchange.com/product/silver-american-bald-eagle-2-oz-gem-bu-2019/

Thank you for the link, Feel a little conned after seeing the 2019 variation.

2018 seems less detailed & possibly a first year issue.

Have you seen the year I have posted on sale on any bullion sites ?

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

19 minutes ago, StackSellRepeat said:

Good Morning,

So I recently stumbled across this beauty, I believe it was unreleased to the public & confirmed by Perth Mint it was minted for a private investment company in the states with a mintage of 50,000. I can’t seem to find any info online, Plus PM where vague if all 50,000 coins where minted or if that’s just the maximum capped mintage number.

So my question is if I where to get this graded, Would the grading company slab these as special issue (Would they contact Perth to get a confirmation) ?

Does anybody have any experience coming across a similar scenario as I have ?

TIA

01D515D4-9391-4297-8CBD-FA664D349763.jpeg

B77B114E-4CE1-4419-B77A-45A1DF7F0C3D.jpeg

D9CE26A3-4276-4A4A-8E0C-95FFAA3F83BB.jpeg

As yours doesn’t have the “bald eagle” legend I have a feeling that this is the same design but not same issue. Most likely as you say, private issue

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

1 minute ago, StevenDS said:

I haven't seen yours. Yours might still be valuable. All depends on the mintage which will determine its rarity. Mint errors get higher premiums just because they are more rare. Same logic can apply to your case.

Thank you for your input Steven ;) 

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

6 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

As yours doesn’t have the “bald eagle” legend I have a feeling that this is the same design but not same issue. Most likely as you say, private issue

Any clue on the grading situation?

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Archived