• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Decided to sell and changed my mind!

Gildeon

Took out one of my sets to prepare it for advertisement and liked it so much when I was looking at it, that decided to put it back! Especially remembering all the time and effort I had put to collect everything, one by one. 😊

Has happened to me a few times, in some cases I sold something later and in others it's still here. In this case it was a gilded Panda set of the last 20 years. I put for sale some of my silver stack instead, to gather the required funds.

Do you have similar experiences? What was the item(s) and what happened in the end...?

Instagram: gildeon_67

This hasn’t happened to me, though I do have the odd few things I look at now and then when I need some quick funds but I can never go through with it. Some things hold more value to a individual than the actual item is worth.  

I have however, sold things in the past and really regretted selling them. Some people get buyers remorse...I get sellers remorse 😂  

interesting question though, I think we all maybe have things that we’ve invested time in or are sentimental about and would never sell. 

Soooooo many times. I have some items I should probably get rid of but I do find it hard sometimes to sell. Even today, I have something I was going to list and am not sure I will.. think its about the 3rd time ive considered it.

Love this thread...too early for 'thread of the year' nomination?

I'm always buying and selling because I change my mind so often. I agree with @trp as I also get seller's remorse.

I did go to sell my Kew collection (silver proofs and circulated) a while back and had to stop myself. That is one thing that I think I will keep for ever. 

59 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Love this thread...too early for 'thread of the year' nomination?

I'm always buying and selling because I change my mind so often. I agree with @trp as I also get seller's remorse.

I did go to sell my Kew collection (silver proofs and circulated) a while back and had to stop myself. That is one thing that I think I will keep for ever. 

The concern I have with selling and then inevitably buying something else is losing out to premiums each time.  Unless of course that the item sold has gained a substantial premium that tempts the sell.

In 1993 I received my first 1oz silver coins, a set of four from the same year - a kook, a roo, a maple and an eagle. I liked the two Aussie coins, thought the maple boring and, although attractive,  I learnt that the eagle's design did not change.
There was no Ebay back then and, in fact, the internet had only just arrived in the UK, My intention to sell the North American coins and buy two more kooks (no other roos had been issued) was somewhat scuppered by the paucity of selling opportunity and the low prices available. You could buy the eagles for less than £5, if I recall correctly.
So I ended up just buying the kooks. And the next kook and roo. Rinse and repeat....but I never actually managed the rinsing bit.
Somewhere along the line I even started collecting those damned maples and eagles. Along with elephants, phillys, Brits, etc. Apart from the two 1997 silver proof Brit sets I bought from the RM upon issue, I can count my sales on one hand.
Plus ca change...Last month I bought a dozen "spare" 10oz QBs and Valiants from Germany - the intention being to chisel out free postage via a quick flip. That hoary old chestnut. Not a chance. As soon as I opened the parcel Gollum kicked in and they were going nowhere other than my SDB.
That initial kook and roo have now led to over 1000oz of silver and an utter self-denial of my Silas Marner alter ego. 
How reassuring to realise this is a well-populated boat.

All Wars Are Central Bankers' Wars

Not sold any PM's yet, just not organised enough I guess. I could do with converting it all into Brits and sovs. Will probably get round to it when I retire. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

I bought 100 oz of coins unseen once, hoping to flip at least 90%. 
I have managed to sell 10. 
the rest somehow ended up in my stash as it turned out most were unique, ie no repeats and I didn’t have in my collection. 

It’s more expensive being a dealer sigh... 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Archived