• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Found Silver Coins

whitey

I purchased an old farm home.  In doing some yard work I've found lots of silver coins.  Dimes, quarters, 50 cent pieces, once coins, 100 ounce bricks.  

I've checked with a few places in the city and they say that coins that have been purchased as an investment (1980's, receipts show date), have been gone through for specialty coins.

Any thoughts?  Trade in for face value, Hold?  Private sell?

Thanks

Spencer

My first question to you would be is if you are a collector of precious metals what kind of collector or holder are you? That will help guide you in your decision on what to do and how to do it. If you're not a collector or holder then that's all together different but first answer the question at the beginning of this post and let us know. It's a wonderful thing to find currency it's even better when it turns out to be hard asset. Congratulations you'll have fun burning the value how much you may have if not you will learn more information is power

4 hours ago, whitey said:

I purchased an old farm home.  In doing some yard work I've found lots of silver coins.  Dimes, quarters, 50 cent pieces, once coins, 100 ounce bricks.  

I've checked with a few places in the city and they say that coins that have been purchased as an investment (1980's, receipts show date), have been gone through for specialty coins.

Any thoughts?  Trade in for face value, Hold?  Private sell?

Thanks

Spencer

Got photos? Some may be worth way more than spot value and you may not get best price selling to trade or exchanging. Congrats on your find! 100 ounce bricks alone in the region of $1800 each. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

I'm liking this thread already. Hang on to your good fortune mate. There are sharks everywhere who would give you the minimum they could get away with. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

I’m not a collector.

I didn’t plan on holding on to it.

Im a young entrepreneur, so the idea of investing in cash is appealing.
I’m trying to figure out how to post pictures.

thanks

43 minutes ago, daca said:

Are the bars Engelhard ?

here is another pic.  I have approximately 200lbs found so far.

image.jpeg.a559ac3de636c12524e03dfad548313e.jpeg

Hang onto for dear life is my advice. Decide to sell then that is your choice and decision but make sure don't get less than silver spot value for it. You can find the value of spot silver on Kitco website https://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html

I believe your luck will only improve with time as we could be in bull market for precious metals (PMs) and in the next 5 - 10 years PMs be the best investment you make as young entrepreneur. I have stocks, bonds but decided to diversify into Gold and Silver and bought majority of my stack in late 2018 and it has outperform both bonds and stocks.

You have been very lucky to find your treasure chest now sit tight and hold on to it.

20 minutes ago, whitey said:

I’m not a collector.

I didn’t plan on holding on to it.

Im a young entrepreneur, so the idea of investing in cash is appealing.
I’m trying to figure out how to post pictures.

thanks

Well what you have there is a Vintage A-Mark protruded stacker bar. Prob about $50 premium over spot per bar. With original receipt maybe more. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

5 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Well what you have there is a Vintage A-Mark protruded stacker bar. Prob about $50 premium over spot per bar. With original receipt maybe more. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

The coins may be worth a look for better dates and conditions . 
I help people in Southern California sell their collections quite often . 
when people find something like  this, and aren’t a collector  , what I usually suggest is to sell the coins  for the silver or numismatic value and keep the big bars for future investment . Then You can either take the cash , or trade the small silver for gold coins or bars . That way if you need some extra money in the future , you can easily sell the big silver and gold a lot quicker than piecing our small parts of the collection . 

HOLD ... HOLD ... silver is way too cheap right now.
Take your time to find out about your hoard then when silver is double it's current spot price then consider selling some or all.
Avoid the temptation to sell the lot for a silly "low" price.

Archived