• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Harrington and Byrne

Ranks1970

8 minutes ago, goldking said:

Heads up for people : just rang them to find out what the status of my order is as it shows in my online account as shipped but not received any email to tell me this.  Apparently because I ticked all the "don't contact me" boxes on the marketing preferences, that applies to everything, so you don't get an email alert with your tracking info!  :mellow:

Simon, my "account manager" has confirmed that the items get sent Royal Mail Special Delivery, btw.

Well mine came 1st class signed for so I wouldnt believe that. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my experience you can pick up some bargains from H&B, I picked up two sovereigns @£267 in December.

As mentioned here and in a million other threads, they hammer you with all these fancy letters in £4.99 envelopes, and you will get a phone call at some point trying to sell you the “next classic” - which will undoubtedly be a proof and also 2x the price is should be. 

All in all it’s a bit like a woman, you put up with the sh*t she throws at you because she looks nice, and gives you what you want.

I already got the hard sell today on the phone when enquiring about the tracking number ^_^ .  Can't remember what it was exactly, a 'proof' of some sort, only 1500 or so made by the Mint and so the price would go to the moon and I should buy some because it will be collectable.  Think he said they were 695 (?) usually but he could do me a special new customer price of 649.  Fair play to the guy, I guess that's his job as sales bod to sell stuff. Sadly he didn't seem as willing to sell me a bunch more sovs at £279 :lol: .

3 hours ago, goldking said:

Sovs have arrived! :lol:

I was a bit surprised at how small they are, having never seen one in real life.  The pics posted on here make them look massive.

y2tyhTg.jpg?1

Just as I started to read your post I had to laugh to myself as that’s the same thing I thought how small they are , but on the picture they look a lot bigger. I took mine out the capsule and put it straight on the scales then I started to breathe  lol 😂

1 minute ago, Ranks1970 said:

Same here mate I was breaking my finger nails to open that capsule so I could weigh it 😂

I've not taken mine out of their cases yet :o but I did film the entire process from receiving the package to taking them out just in case there was a problem.  I've seen posts from other people where they've received something different or part of the order is missing and then had a nightmare of a time arguing it with the sender so worth spending 2 mins filming to cover your arse imo!

18 minutes ago, goldking said:

I've not taken mine out of their cases yet :o but I did film the entire process from receiving the package to taking them out just in case there was a problem.  I've seen posts from other people where they've received something different or part of the order is missing and then had a nightmare of a time arguing it with the sender so worth spending 2 mins filming to cover your arse imo!

I guess you could film but if you have not received your full order then I guess you would have to argue it out. I am new to buying coins so I only use my credit card for buying coins just in case there is a problem as I am sure if there is a problem the credit card company will get it sorted I think ? 

7 hours ago, goldking said:

I was a bit surprised at how small they are, having never seen one in real life.  The pics posted on here make them look massive.

y2tyhTg.jpg?1

Sovereigns are one of the most recognizable gold coins in the world and always highly sought after. Any who purchases these below spot has made a good investment and protected themselves against inflation. 

7 hours ago, Melon said:

Alright I'm making a deal with myself... if the sovereign deal is still on by payday next week then I'm buying some shiny gold... It's been said publicly, no backing out now 🤣

The sovereign deal is always on, it just depends at what price.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 hour ago, Melon said:

Up to £289 now. 

Can't say I'm overly upset, I'm not supposed to be buying anytime soon anyway! 

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2020-united-kingdom-gold-uncirculated-sovereign-4012.html
the 279 link still works ;) 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

On 14/01/2020 at 13:27, goldking said:

y2tyhTg.jpg?1

So they are sending out £837 parcel gold coins signed for not special delivery? 

Archived