• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Harrington and Byrne

Ranks1970

20 hours ago, Foster88 said:

No it would seem they don’t, they didn’t send me an order confirmation email which I found odd. I screenshot the order just in case when I placed it otherwise I’d have had nothing as proof of order.

It's probably on the way in the post... 😂 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m super tempted as the price is insane... but I really don’t want the junk mail as I hear it openly advertises that you’re collecting precious metals on the envelope which is madness. 

Has anyone had any luck getting the mail definitively cancelled, without going down the route of threatening letters? 

1 hour ago, Melon said:

I’m super tempted as the price is insane... but I really don’t want the junk mail as I hear it openly advertises that you’re collecting precious metals on the envelope which is madness. 

Has anyone had any luck getting the mail definitively cancelled, without going down the route of threatening letters? 

yes, mine was delivered with the company logo on the letter. The post man said ‘this looks like jewellery’

7 hours ago, Melon said:

I get bad through from the Royal Mint all the time.  it's not different.  That's generally why packages should always be sent signed for minimum.

25 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

I get bad through from the Royal Mint all the time.  it's not different.  That's generally why packages should always be sent signed for minimum.

Junk mail from Royal Mint that advertises on the envelope? I hear the H&B ones literally has coins etc printed on the envelopes they send out. 

25 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

Received another 3 beauties this morning from H&B. I can't complain but the junk mail is annoying. Wonder if they will let me order more as ive passed my bullion allowance with them for 2020 now.

20200111_113613.jpg

I had 9 last time before they twigged, used 3 names and 3 cards to pay.

I think someone had 12....

The junk mail is a pain in the bum though

I've ordered 3 - price is too good to pass up, even with the unwanted free spam.  I notice on the last page of the ordering process there are check boxes for "tick this box if you don't want to receive mail from our trusted retailers" <check> and another 2 for "tick these boxes if you don't want to receive marketing via : email" <check> "phone" <check> so will see if that makes any difference.

36 minutes ago, Melon said:

Except for the logo top left, but not too bad. I’d be happier if someone had successfully cancelled it but I may take the risk! 

It's worse than it looks in the pic alas. Extremely expensive envelope that immediately attracts attention with a very regal insignia and an almost unforgettable company name...even as an honest postie I would be interested in googling the company to see what it's about.

People have cancelled - I think the thread on here with the trouble folk had last time was linked to earlier in the thread (?)

33 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

I opted out but still get it 

That's concerning to hear, I would try to put a stop to that Billy.

Otherwise might as well have a big flag flying in your garden saying 'here be gold!' imvho :(

Last year when they phoned me to cancel an order, as I had exceeded the annual order limit I told them to cease with the junk. It worked, no more mail. Strangely I was able to still place orders...

20 hours ago, TopHatsTales said:

Last year,  I got a few letters per week, after getting 3 sovs.

After months I finally sent them a cease and desist letter. In their prepay envelope, of course.

Got a letter or two for the next week or so...then nothing since (6 months perhaps).

I like this! Did you use a template that you might have a handy link to? 

Don't they have a tick box or something on the website when you order to say whether you agree to them sending you marketting stuff?

I'm sure I ticked the "no" box when I ordered 3 sovs last year and received not a single flyer.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the Sovereigns are dispatched by Special Delivery?

Apologies if I have missed a post or the key information when reading their website.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Heads up for people : just rang them to find out what the status of my order is as it shows in my online account as shipped but not received any email to tell me this.  Apparently because I ticked all the "don't contact me" boxes on the marketing preferences, that applies to everything, so you don't get an email alert with your tracking info!  :mellow:

Simon, my "account manager" has confirmed that the items get sent Royal Mail Special Delivery, btw.

Archived