• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Goldsilver.be order

silvernewbie

I always pay in Euros - don’t know if that’s better or not. I have previously tried to make the orders as large as possible to make it more worth while. Delivery can just be wasted money otherwise. 

European Mint allow you to vault your purchases for 6 months, so you can keep adding to your order before getting it delivered. It’s pretty handy. 

If you can find someone to buy with and split the cost, even better! 

The exchange rate GS be use now is decent, you might save a % paying EUR via Transferwise.  You need to beat the VAT to make the delivery worthwhile, £100 isnt going to do it, really needs £200-250 minimum.  Or look at somewhere with cheaper delivery.  

I just ordered 20 coins so £1.25 a  coin postage I felt this was worth while. My next order will be held in their vault until at least 50 coins.

Not sure about the difference between euros or pounds I paid in pounds via bank transfer.

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

7 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Its probably cheaper to pay via transferwise.

Im out of touch lately with delivery prices but

@BackyardBullion. Not sure if this still applies.

Also you can vault your order to save on shipping.

Its probably cheaper to pay via transferwise.  Heck yeah you save a packet

european mint used to offer a shipping discount through @BackyardBullion  - 

Like has been said, the £ conversion goldsilver.be use isn't terrible, unlike EuropeanMint which is almost 1:1!!! Still cheaper to pay via transferwise though. Savings can still account for an oz or 2 (of silver lol) depending on how much you are ordering! :) 

Goldsilver.be also allow you to put your order into storage. I am doing this at the moment, and have several smallish orders which I will ship upon my final order sometime within the next couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, greektony said:

Like has been said, the £ conversion goldsilver.be use isn't terrible, unlike EuropeanMint which is almost 1:1!!! Still cheaper to pay via transferwise though. Savings can still account for an oz or 2 (of silver lol) depending on how much you are ordering! :) 

Goldsilver.be also allow you to put your order into storage. I am doing this at the moment, and have several smallish orders which I will ship upon my final order sometime within the next couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, Troy77 said:

Just done a comparison for 25 silver valiants delivered to the uk from goldsilver.be and if paid in euros with transferwise you save £8.25 

always found it's substantially cheaper to pay in euro via transferwise than in gbp. when shipping was cheaper, I always reckoned on the difference covering the shipping cost.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

always found it's substantially cheaper to pay in euro via transferwise than in gbp. when shipping was cheaper, I always reckoned on the difference covering the shipping cost.

Shippings about £24-£25. If you buy 75 silver valiant's for example you would cover the shipping unless I'm getting the wrong info from TransferWise. I didn't log in just done the calculator.

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

it was cheaper up until last year I think it was. It was a rough rule of thumb in those days. Of course it also depends on the size of the order😀

This topic has helped me already, I'm always looking to save money and I didn't even thing to try euros when I ordered. I will do now though.😉

I picked up some 2018 Ghana Leopards from goldsilver.be and I just flipped one today on eBay for a £12 profit after fees and p&p. I've got a very limited budget for stacking so hoping to do a bit of flipping to help boost it up. 😁

@Troy77

EU mint work out at approximately

£15.85 per oz, GS.be are around £16.50/oz

EU mint have a terrible currency converter, always look in the prices in € not £ and pay via transferwise

Screenshot_20200102-224134.thumb.png.2fe929c3c2e72fcd0ea35b1d66a48a36.png

Screenshot_20200102-223844.thumb.png.e2a0de3570e41044efb0154672e3b450.png

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

24 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

@Troy77

EU mint work out at approximately

£15.85 per oz, GS.be are around £16.50/oz

EU mint have a terrible currency converter, always look in the prices in € not £ and pay via transferwise

Screenshot_20200102-224134.thumb.png.2fe929c3c2e72fcd0ea35b1d66a48a36.png

Screenshot_20200102-223844.thumb.png.e2a0de3570e41044efb0154672e3b450.png

This is good to know cheers😁

Thanks for the tips, BYB did send me a discount code for delivery from European Mint but they were working out more than ge be.  However on gs be i cant even register an account it keeps asking for postcode when there is no postcode box!  

I am waiting for TW to verify my account and will try that way at the weekend!  

2 minutes ago, silvernewbie said:

Thanks for the tips, BYB did send me a discount code for delivery from European Mint but they were working out more than ge be.  However on gs be i cant even register an account it keeps asking for postcode when there is no postcode box!  

I am waiting for TW to verify my account and will try that way at the weekend!  

EU mint will be cheaper if you use their price in euros. If you need help working it out, just shout.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

The guys at silver to go will sometimes give a discount I had one on boxing day.

Don't be afraid to ask for a discount.  Though they nearly always say no. 

Geiger are good to deal with though a bit expensive for the EU.  

I would advise getting a Revolut card and paying in Euro.

Fund it from your Sterling account (everyday bank account) then converting at the interbank rate without commission. This can be mesmerising as the currency rate changes in real time. When you tap the “Exchange Now” button, that is the rate you get.

You can also, in idle moments, play the currency speculator game. Have £10 and convert it between a few currency pairs over a day then back to Sterling, fun to see how much you have gained, or in my case lost.

4 hours ago, Airhead said:

I would advise getting a Revolut card and paying in Euro.

Fund it from your Sterling account (everyday bank account) then converting at the interbank rate without commission. This can be mesmerising as the currency rate changes in real time. When you tap the “Exchange Now” button, that is the rate you get.

You can also, in idle moments, play the currency speculator game. Have £10 and convert it between a few currency pairs over a day then back to Sterling, fun to see how much you have gained, or in my case lost.

This is a great idea as i already have a revolut card and saves messing around with TW! 

But if i pay with the card and hold balances in eur, gbp etc, how do i know the card will take eur currency? 

Archived