• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Recap of 2019

johnnyhann

Hi everyone,

First of all, happy new year to everyone! I just wanted to start a topic to hear from everyone on what were some of their personal collecting/stacking highlights from 2019. There is a lot out on the market so this might be a good way for everyone to get an overview of 2019!

I will get the ball rolling with some of my picks!

Favourite coin/series of the year -> though I didn't actually pick one up, the RCM's Multi-faceted series is a thing of beauty and something different from everything out there in the market. A close second for me would be the triangular Batavia coins - again, nice to see something different and the design was top notch. Can't wait for the next release!

Best performing coin of the year -> the craze behind the 2019-S Enhanced Silver Eagle. Congrats to anyone who managed to pick one of those up at initial retail pricing. A close second would be the Una and the Lion 2oz gold pricing! that thing really went from zero to ridiculously high overnight. In terms of bullion, my pick would be the 1oz Silver Black Flag.

Biggest Disappointment of the year -> I had less time for the hobby than usual!

Personal Highlight/Purchase/Goal -> finally getting my hands on a full set of the original Gods of Olympus 2oz antique coins that kinda started the whole antique craze!

Goal for 2020 -> work towards completing a few more missing pieces from my Series 1 and Series 2 silver proofs collection - pm me if you can help!

Archived