• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where to buy Gold coins from???

Fraggle

On 17/12/2019 at 07:38, Fraggle said:

Thanks to everyone who replied and welcomed me, i am just a basic member so far and can only “ like” so many reply’s!.

There's an incentive to "UPGRADE" right there buddy - -

You also get to see offers far sooner than a "basic" membership ! 😉

A lot of the deals are awesome and are gone before seen elsewhere!

Seeing as you are in Germany, Celticgold are a good bet or coininvest as someone already stated, excellent prices on coins at atkinsons as well although they are UK based. As far as CGT goes, in the UK plenty or coins are tax free with the Britannias and Sovereigns being your best bet. I've just joined myself so looking forward to learning lots more that I don't know about PMs in general and coins specifically. The Gold that you buy will certainly be real, the real problem becomes buying the more rare coins as bullion and trying to find gems, no guarantee that some won't be badly dented scratched or previously cleaned, good luck and have fun 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gold coins are actually very difficult to fake well as they are made out of one of the densest materials on Earth. It doesn’t take long handling gold coins to become confident assessing if they are real or not. 

Firstly I always buy from reliable sources, although out of habit that doesn’t stop me investigating further. I discovered a very clever 22carat fake sovereign recently from a large company. 

Measurements are the most effective way in my experience and I am in the habit of weighing and measuring every gold coin I buy, regardless of the source.

To be honest though, after 40 years, I know a fake when I pick it up!

Gold coins when chosen well can go beyond their bullion value and you can reap the financial rewards of numismatic premiums! Pick carefully and they make superb investment sense. Message me or check out my website if you’d like to know more.

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

As you are in Germany a good website to visit is https://gold.de
This is a price comparison website for coin dealers in Germany. 
There are a number of members from Germany or of German extraction who might advise on what would be the best coins to concentrate on. Someone i respect in this area would be @augur - he is experienced in German coins and i have taken his advice on pre-WWI gold. These may be of interest to you. Collecting should be interesting as well as financially rewarding. 
Philharmonics are a good stacking coin but they are a bit boring. 
i have bought from Celticgold - they are a good company - you can speak to Stefan and he is very helpful.

i think the thing to do is to get to know what coins do well in Germany. For example i find the old German gold very interesting but they don't do particularly well in the UK but put a sovereign up on the forum and there will be plenty of interest. 

Be careful with silver. As mentioned become familiar with the premiums over spot - become familiar with the silver coins prone to developing milk spot - Philharmonics are one of those coins. Become familiar with where and how you could sell your coins if you need to. Some of the silver bars coming out of Germany are quite collectible. 

Starting out i would recommend you buy gold. The premiums tend to be a lot lower, so there is less scope to overpay for a coin. Learn as much as you can about the coins you are interested in. Become an expert - so you know fakes by eye and you know overpriced and under priced coins.

Do not start using acid on coins - do not start rubbing coins on a stone and using acid. The coin will be completely ruined. It will only be worth scrap value.
Buy from trustworthy dealers. The best way to spot a fake sovereign for example is to know what a real one looks like. Many here just know what the real thing looks like. Be careful when buying off ebay - there are lots of dodgy sellers and also people who innocently sell fake coins. There may be German coin groups on Fakebook - be careful until you get to know who is who - there will be good guys but there can be dodgy characters.

Find local dealers - there are lots of coin dealers in Germany - build a relationship with the dealer. Learn about the coins you are interested in. Keep your purchases small so you do not have to register them with the authorities. Buying off the silver forum is a good place but to see the best deals you will need to upgrade to a premium member.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Archived