• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Kookaburra Gold 2020

Frenchie

I'd love to hear what more folk think of these :)

I am tempted, especially around the £130 mark they are sitting at currently, they surely must go up once sold out (?)

This is my first time contemplating any sort of gold Kook so would appreciate advice, cheers!

Just now, motorbikez said:

@kimchi  It's THE iconic kook coin, buy it if you like it ,weather it goes up or down in value it's not going to break anyone's bank either way.

Many thanks, I'd missed that it was the iconic design for long-term Kook collectors (I've only been collecting the last few years, and mainly the more recent ones as the older ones are so expensive) so great point, cheers!

I really like it so am certainly going to try to grab one at least. I don't have much of an idea on the history of the Kook golds, unfortunately - having a browse today I am not much more the wiser. There seem to be a few from down the years, and obviously the 2015 anniversary is a (the?) biggie, but beyond that I'm pretty lost. Any more input much appreciated!

2 hours ago, kimchi said:

Many thanks, I'd missed that it was the iconic design for long-term Kook collectors (I've only been collecting the last few years, and mainly the more recent ones as the older ones are so expensive) so great point, cheers!

I really like it so am certainly going to try to grab one at least. I don't have much of an idea on the history of the Kook golds, unfortunately - having a browse today I am not much more the wiser. There seem to be a few from down the years, and obviously the 2015 anniversary is a (the?) biggie, but beyond that I'm pretty lost. Any more input much appreciated!

Hey @kimchi was waiting for you to chip in regarding this coin lol. Fancy it myself to be fair. If the silver version is anything to go by then the quality/strike will be far better than bullion. Almost “proof” like you could say.

There have been other gold kooks in the past. Not many and think most have been smaller than 1/10oz in size 

Either way I’m interested so if you get wind of a Poss group but pls keep me posted 

Cheers buddy

41 minutes ago, Oystonousted said:

Hey @kimchi was waiting for you to chip in regarding this coin lol. Fancy it myself to be fair. If the silver version is anything to go by then the quality/strike will be far better than bullion. Almost “proof” like you could say.

There have been other gold kooks in the past. Not many and think most have been smaller than 1/10oz in size 

Either way I’m interested so if you get wind of a Poss group but pls keep me posted 

Cheers buddy

Do you think it's a 'goer' pal? Anniversary, not a bad size for a 1/10th, BUNC (so should be better than bullion, but we all know the Kooks are 'better than bullion' anyway) at 15k mintage, classic design...if the premium is reasonable hard to see what's not to love as a Kook fan who also does fractional gold too, no?

A brief look around today and I've found the P20 20th anniversary set in gold in incredibly tiny sizes (adding up to an ounce overall I think) which seem to have a decent premium, but perhaps not the interest you'd expect from such a boxed set. Also the 2015 which looks very decent to me. Some others which seem to be a bit random and don't really 'fit'. But this one seems a little different, maybe something new, maybe something slightly special (?). I think @motorbikez might be our man there!

I shall certainly be looking to pick up a few hopefully yes! Where are folk going for these? £130 quid from Europe looks like a bargain imho, and our trusted Coin Connection are doing them here in the UK (for more, but for a bit more piece of mind in my book).

Edited by kimchi

52 minutes ago, Oystonousted said:

@kimchi Yes mate for £130 it’s on a par price wise with a bog standard 1/10 Britannia. Can’t see many downsides really

Plus delivery though.

<edit> Still feel this one is a little cracker and should do quite well if you can get a good price landed. Obviously Kook fans like me would need to keep one for the collection so any bit extra you can make on spares is of course going to help :)

Edited by kimchi

@kimchi  As before pal it is a nice coin & I'd advise any collectors who like the design to just buy it, don't worry about flipping I don't see it soaring away. Personally I'm not going to buy it as proofs are my thing mainly & I've too many collections on the go. My problem like most collectors is I buy one coin then I feel compelled to complete a set if one starts lol.

Bear in mind Perth mint just love anniversaries & have used this design a number of times & will continue to do so IMHO in the future. Mind you could start a collection of anniversary coins:lol:.

P1010712.JPG

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Nice looking coin, would like to try and pick one of these up. Be a nice addition to my fractional stuff. Have to have a gander at where to get one, unless anyone can point me in a good direction?! I see goldsilver.be and the Coin Connection have been mentioned so will check there first. 

Edited by trp