• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2oz Gold - Una & Lion - Stick, Twist, Hold, Flip ? What would you do ??

Paul

2oz Gold - Una & Lion - Stick, Twist, Hold, Flip ? What would you do ??  

53 members have voted

1. 1. If you owned a gold Una & Lion what would you do ?

• Look to flip it for an immediate profit NOW and get whatever you can over what you paid for it while interest is there
    • Keep it for x6 months to see what it sells for in the secondary market once all have been dispatched
    • Wait a year until the dusts settled and you know what a few have sold for
    • Wait until all The Great Engravers series is finished to see how it has been received by the market & then decide
    • Keep it for 5-10 years - medium term
    • Keep it for 10-20 years - hold it long term
    • Keep it in your stack for life regardless - until retirement/grandchildren inheritance

I said quick flip, Olaf not in situation because would be hard to know what to do.   BUT I’ve seen what the royal mint have been up to in the last 5 years and wouldn’t be surprised if it came out again with a ‘6th portrait’ or a 70th anniversary mark.     The royql mint have turned into a corporate money making machine and wouldn’t put anything past them.

will be interesting to see where the series goes whether it’s WW designs or classic designs in general and how many of them are put out there. I’d be a buyer of a ‘1989 design and ‘pistrucci’ design

Putting myself in your shoes @Paul ...  I would keep it. I really don't think this will be anything like other coins that come out, sell out, get flipped for a good profit then drop in value. There are too few of these and as time goes on there will inevitably (I feel) be more collectors that want it. A quick profit is definitely a nice thing and I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for capitalising but if you don't need or want the funds freed up for anything else I would hold.

Another argument for keeping it...  I've had the silver coin in my hand and despite my own quality control issues it is by far and away the nicest coin I've enjoyed holding and admiring. I can only imagine that feeling being amplified with the gold version. That enjoyment and pride isn't without its own value. Among other things you need to balance whether that enjoyment and pride that you'd of felt through the years of ownership is being suitably compensated by any profit you could achieve now.

As an aside...  I suspect this series in gold is going to be very difficult to collect. With the success of this coin it seems very likely that there will be more people paying attention for the next release with profit in mind.

21 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Putting myself in your shoes @Paul ...  I would keep it. I really don't think this will be anything like other coins that come out, sell out, get flipped for a good profit then drop in value. There are too few of these and as time goes on there will inevitably (I feel) be more collectors that want it. A quick profit is definitely a nice thing and I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for capitalising but if you don't need or want the funds freed up for anything else I would hold.

Another argument for keeping it...  I've had the silver coin in my hand and despite my own quality control issues it is by far and away the nicest coin I've enjoyed holding and admiring. I can only imagine that feeling being amplified with the gold version. That enjoyment and pride isn't without its own value. Among other things you need to balance whether that enjoyment and pride that you'd of felt through the years of ownership is being suitably compensated by any profit you could achieve now.

As an aside...  I suspect this series in gold is going to be very difficult to collect. With the success of this coin it seems very likely that there will be more people paying attention for the next release with profit in mind.

Many thanks for the input @AppleZippoandMetronome your middle points are very true

Depends on how much you love owning it, an dhow critical the £4k (plus potential significant upside) is to you right now.  Personally I would keep it forever, but that's because I love the design and its history.  I don't have one, but would buy one immediately for the same £4k.

Archived