• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How secure is buying on this forum?

Buying on the TSF from established long term standing members you quickly realise the etiquette, packaging, care these sellers put in often goes way above and beyond the majority of the dealers. I remember when I initially joined forum I was hesitant buying from anyone but trust and reputation of the long term standing members allowed me to overcome this hurdle. I have example how TSF help me sell on eBay 1 oz Gold QB Lion coin. Advertised initially on TSF and then on eBay (initially someone on eBay tried to scam me by paying for item and requesting delivered to a different address) a genuine buyer contacted me to ask similar questions relating to if the coin was authentic and reassurances they were not going to get scammed. The photos took of the coin with my handle name (eBay and TSF) and date showing the weight on scales and using caliper was better than all the other sellers some of whom just using stock photos. I was able to direct the hesitant eBay buyer to TSF the same sale thread put up and ask them check out my feedback here and photos posted on the full stack photos thread. Directed them to some BYB video how to authentic PMs. eBay buyer hesitant buy from the TSF (could have saved them the Paypal fees) but transaction was completed without any issues.

In the end eBay buyer was so happy with the service they received created account on the TSF replied to my sales thread with glowing recommendation and left me positive feedback on both eBay and TSF :). Trading on TSF learn how to be a better seller and if you need to liquidate your stack this will help you enormously in the future. Some members on the TSF before buying from me have needed reassurance (no issues in providing it) and others transferred over £1k without raising an eyebrow. When people you don't know and never traded with in the past send you over £1K then an automatic sense as the seller that you need to do everything to ensure that you remain a trusted member of the community.

The first 1 oz Gold coins I have have ever bought showcased on BYB YouTube channel using intermediary service as at the time neither I or the seller were established members (highly recommended hesitant buyer want large ticket items).

2 hours ago, Hennypenny said:

The problem may not be with the buyer, but with the courier. However, it's important how the seller deals with an issue. Why wouldn't the forum introduce a feedback system like ebay. This way, we can have a good idea of the member's reputation.

.....................hhmmm .............always a worry when people reply to YOUR post with yet more concerns / queries / questions -

Nice to "maybe" acknowledge them @henrypenny ?  , thanking / tipping your hat / maybe with a "like" or a "thanks" button is always nice

but if all you get another block of questions, concerns or/ & moans.  hmmmmm

Have a look around the site @Hennypenny - learn - interact - ask - answer - read- be part of this live community - look at the x100s of feedbacks some users have - it is all ready there in place, just you have chose not to look.

concerned buying gold through forum? - buy an oz of silver Arshi @arshimo2012 or Yas @StackSellRepeat instead, test the water first. you'll be WOWED ! 

ME ??

i raised over £15k in a weekend when i needed some quick funds, for a new van purchase & new member of staff to take on

I got this through gold sales through the forum last year, in less than 48 hours on a weekend - there are no trust issues here - if YOU trust the person YOU are buying off

No credit checks, loan applications,  'computer says no' interviews - anything

I got +3 -  +5% more than a dealer would have paid me but priced right to make a 'good deal' for the folks here - my content interactions & trust- didn't stop some folk sending me £4k+ to an anonymous forum avatar they had never met or seen before - because i must have made some kind of connection/trust with them along the way through my posts & content

I offered those who bought gold - a better, quicker, more personal service than you would get from any established bullion dealer in - they bought BECAUSE, folk, trust folk -

Step by step videos & pictures process of your order of gold/ from safe/vault to posting in you don't get that with HGM Atkinsons Chard or Baird 

Previous buyers of mine, have been repeat buyer again 

@Paul 100% agree  - the best benefit of being a meber of the forum is no "Third party" counteracting  - - taking their "CUT" - TRUST and Integrity

Simple conclusion from watching replies!!

"GET INVOLVED, WATCH,LISTEN and LEARN"

TRUST!!!!!

well done thumbs up GIF by Minions

1 hour ago, kneehow2018 said:

Apologies for using the term "prejudiced" as it may come with a certain connotation - perahps selfish is better as they do leave FB to others.

(Apart from being generous with your comments, You are amongst the most courteous and knowledgeable to trade with - that's pure fact!)

I tend to not leave feedback on my ebay when I buy jewelry as I don't want my account to be associated with large jewelry purchases for safety sake.

Archived