• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1st Feb 2020: The Silver Forum Lounge with Numistacker @ London Coin Show

Message added by ChrisSilver

*ALL spaces taken*

Please attend the event as a guest :) but all table space has now been booked

Reservations:

@jultorsk ½ table (Gold Member, so £25) 

@SovTracker full table space (Silver Member, £55) 

@InvestInCoins888 full table space (Platinum Member, £45)

@BackyardBullion full table space (Platinum Member, £45)

@AgD ½ table (Silver Member, £27.50)

I have only ever been to one before and that was last year. I was in awe to see so much au and ag lying about. Unfortunately I was in a rush so didn't quite scope the prices or the pieces for that matter. 

I can't really answer your question but last time I went with empty pockets this time round I will be taking £350 cash just incase I see something I feel is worth buying. 

Definitely well worth a visit.

@Darr3nG

Generally most dealing at coin fairs is cash. 

You get the best deals for cash though I remember seeing a couple of terminals about. 

Also some will allow you to do a Bank Transfer because they are virtually instantaneous nowadays and show up in an account "normally" withing a minute although it can take up to 2 hours. 

Hope that helps

1 hour ago, SovTracker said:

Generally most dealing at coin fairs is cash. 

You get the best deals for cash though I remember seeing a couple of terminals about. 

Also some will allow you to do a Bank Transfer because they are virtually instantaneous nowadays and show up in an account "normally" withing a minute although it can take up to 2 hours. 

Hope that helps

I guess the phrase ‘cash is king’ still holds out...smaller dealers (and larger ones too, I guess) like to have a bit of back pocket money.

But it seems absurd that at the end of days trading at a major fair, any dealer would want to have rolls of cash that would choke a Drove of Donkeys.

I’ve invested in a iZettle. It was only £19 a few months ago, fees similar to PayPal and money goes into my bank account. It accepts a wide range of payments, cc, dc and Apple Pay. The device uses Bluetooth off my phone. 

I figure with some coins at nearly a grand in price, I’m better off with a card machine for fairs etc...

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

6 minutes ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

I’ve invested in a iZettle. It was only £19 a few months ago, fees similar to PayPal and money goes into my bank account. It accepts a wide range of payments, cc, dc and Apple Pay. The device uses Bluetooth off my phone. 

I figure with some coins at nearly a grand in price, I’m better off with a card machine for fairs etc...

Ive used the izettle for my business for a few years, when im out on the move. 

Very reliable, battery life, great functionality, quick automated withdrawl to business bank, & fees/commission are reasonable for me, but on a £1000+ coin sale it will eat into your profits

1.75% = £17.50 per £1000

iZettle sounds like a good way to trade- I don’t know how small businesses survive without taking cards- turnover must be dramatically reduced.

I haven’t been in business since the mid 1990’s when back pocket cash was easy to come by- lots of people simply carried cash- and Cheques (remember them) filled the gap.  There was a bank in every town/ multiples of branches in different districts of cities.

Fast forward to 2020- my nearest Halifax Branch was 3 miles away in 1995 now it’s 20 miles away- where do people get enough cash in their pocket to buy several nice coins at a coin fair?

It would be a right pain me taking time out of work to visit a bank- and cash machines only dispense a Bullion Sovereigns worth of cash- I guess I could visit a cash machine several times prior to the event!

56 minutes ago, Paul said:

Very reliable, battery life, great functionality, quick automated withdrawl to business bank, & fees/commission are reasonable for me, but on a £1000+ coin sale it will eat into your profits

1.75% = £17.50 per £1000

I would have thought bank transfer is the only way to go for a dealer at a coin fair? 

4 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

I would have thought bank transfer is the only way to go for a dealer at a coin fair? 

What do you do if the customer transfers the money and it gets stopped for checks?  Either way it’s going to take some trust and bullion, like laptops & mobile phones is a magnet for fraudsters. 

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888