• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anybody into the Rwanda Wildlife Series??

Danny-boy

Just wondering if anybody liked these coins or has a full set thus far?

I have the most recent 4 but am still waiting on a sensible price for the first 3.

They really are stunning coins and super low mintage.

Mintage of only 5000 from 2008 to 2012, then rose to 10000 for 2013 and 2014.

It pains me to pay £100/oz for 2009 and 2010, and the 2008 goes for £250 odd. Wish I hadn't started this set. Ha ha

eneta5et.jpg

Stacker since 2013

Try Doug at www.choicebullion.com I think he has them at around the $100.00 each , if not all of them he may be able to source them . Fell free to mention me .

. Also this is a great coin to grab on release, at near bullion prices ( I grabbed 20 of the impalas ) great chance of increase in price over the years ,with little outlay

Thanks Dave.

He is listing the 2009 and 2010 for $108 each, a good price.

2008 is about $250.

I'd take the 09 and 10, any idea how much they charge for shipping?

Are these one of the ones that sorts you out regarding VAT?

Cheers

Stacker since 2013

Hi contact him (Doug )

for a price on the 3 coins, mention me ,Dave from Ireland , he takes PayPal so your money is safe , and he will work with you re postage , p.s any deal you do does not benefit me in anyway, I get my premium coins from him and he looks after me by shipping under the radar .and includes any forum buys in my package

• Founder & Administrator

From a distance those coins look very similar. No need to pay $250 an ounce, just double up on one of the same and no one would know :)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• Founder & Administrator

They probably look very nice up close, just not on camera. The problem is that there is too much silver to collect, need to stick to something specific otherwise turns into an expensive hobby.

Once you get one coin in a series you can't not buy the future releases of that coin. It's just rude not to lol

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 2 months later...

Love this series. I actually saw a set from 2008 onwards (6 coins including the rare first release Gorilla) on ebay. Slightly tarnished around the edges on some coins going for £380 offers. Also everyone knows Dios111 through eBay. He has 2009 onwards available in BU. Worked on a bulk price for 6 coins (2009-2014) offered me 409 euro or £333 including shipping to the UK including VAT.

Both I think are good deals

yes, love this series as well. Like many, still searching for the elusive gorilla. Actually Dave, i saw choicebullion as well, was going to point out they were f15 privy's but i see danny picked up on it.

Not sure if i should tell this story but if it saves someone the bother i went through then it's worth it..... I think bad dealers deserve to be named.

a while ago i was browsing a Slovenian dealers site (1oz.si). Imagine my excitement when i saw the 2008 bu gorilla for 219 euro. But it faded when i read on the page that it was encapsuled. As you know, it's only desirable if it's still in the original pvc.

But i thought, i'll email anyway. So i asked i don't suppose this actually happens to be in the original mints pvc foil?

The dealer replied yes it is! The cautious side of me thought hmm... so i asked for photos, and sure enough he sent me photos of it in the pvc foil.

When i got through the 'found-it-at-last-victory-dance'........ very embarrassing to witness, lets just gloss over that bit......

Fast forward to the day it arrives.

I open the wrapping and there's the coin in the pvc foil - but wait - why is it moving?

As you know, these are vacuum sealed. I discover the pvc has been cut open at the top.

What the guy did was take, say, an impala, cut it open, pop out the impala, take his 2008 which had been in a capsule, and pop it into the pvc.

I was gobsmacked tbh. The dishonesty of it. A conman.

To make a even longer story short, i got my money back through paypal. They're great by the way, if you ever have a dispute with a seller.

I don't have any of these and should have gotten the 2013 last year (when I started getting into this), but, didn't want to pay the $40 for it.   The 2014 is cheaper ( $33), I'll probably get this one.  These coins look really nice on the Youtube clips I viewed.

I only have the 2013 and 2014 and really want to open them up.

Go for it, I opened all mine up.

The PVC in the plastic is well renowned for toning the coins, so they came out of them (very carefully with a scalpel so the packets are to be sold with the coins if desired).

Maybe I devalued them a tad, but in my eyes they were devalued because of the sleeve.

Stacker since 2013

Danny - As suggested above, have you tried Friedhelm?

As is the case for the anniversary Somalia Elephants set from the Bavarian Mint, a number of the early coins had been minted but were stored and were never sent out for distribution. I know this might be a long shot with the Gorilla et al, but you never know.

From my own experience he was able to hunt down a Mint of Poland set for me that had not been offered for a couple of years

I have spoken to Friedhelm AG, but I have kinda taken a different route now on the lunars so doubt I'll complete this set.

I'll probably sell the zebra onwards at some point.

Cheers AG.

Stacker since 2013

2008 to 2013 RWANDA GORILLA 50 RFW 1oz SILVER WILDLIFE COMPLETE SET

£380 BIN or offers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171313660560?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

2014 RWANDA/RUANDA IMPALA PROOF 1 OZ SILVER - COIN ONLY 1000 MINTED - COA (2 LEFT)

£55 BIN or offers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-RWANDA-RUANDA-IMPALA-PROOF-1-OZ-SILVER-COIN-ONLY-1000-MINTED-COA-/271475074337?pt=UK_Coins_Bullion_Bars_SM&hash=item3f352ce521

post-131-0-62298800-1400028519_thumb.jpg

post-131-0-65245500-1400028593_thumb.jpg

post-131-0-09636600-1400029143_thumb.jpg

Hello

I just registered, so i could reply to this thread.

The Rwanda African Ounce series come in proof versions with a mintage of 1000. These proofs are shipped in a plastic airtite from the mint. The BU versions are always shipped in a soft plastic pouch, you can buy them in sheets.

The 2008 Gorilla sold in the ebay link UKSILVERCOINS posted above does not look like a proof, based on the picture i'm almost certain it's a BU that has been removed from the soft pouch and placed in an airtite. Also all the other coins are also BU's, just as a warning to anyone thinking about bidding. The 2014 Antilope in the picture above is a proof, you can see the difference in the much nicer finnish, and the frosting.

I'm lucky to own a proof 2008 gorilla, as well as proof versions of the 2009-2012 coins too. The gorilla didn't come with a CoA, while all subsequent proofs have CoA's.

I have a faint memory reading somewhere that a CoA was never issued for the 2008, but i'm not certain of this, so if anyone has any information regarding this, i'd be grateful to know more

regards, mike

Edited by nomisma_ag

• 1 month later...

The Republic of Rwanda commissioned the BH Mayer's Kunstprageanstalt GmbH mint in Germany to produce this series.

Mintages

2008 Gorilla BU 5000 / PF 1000

2009 Elephant BU 5000 / PF 1000

2010 Lion BU 5000 / PF 1000

2011 Zebra BU 5000 / PF 1000

2012 Rhino BU 5000 / PF 1000

2013 Cheetah BU 10000 / PF 1000

2014 Impala BU 10000 / PF 1000

A collection of world silver coins called The Fabulous 12 and The Fabulous 15 was released by RCM which included some Rwandian 1oz Silver bullion coins with the F12 and F15 privy mark. Early sets (2007-2009) were F12 as they only comprised 12 coins. For 2010-2012 it was increased to 15 coins. Up to 2011 the mintage was only 5,000 making these hard/expensive to find on the resale market. In 2012 the mintage was increased to 10,000.

2008 Gorilla F12 BU

2009 Elephant F12 BU

2010 Lion F15 BU

2011 Zebra F15 BU

2012 Rhino F15 BU

2013 Cheetah F15 BU

was only just recently made aware of the fact that there are also 1oz 24k gold guilded versions

• 1 year later...

i remember ordering a rhino from Germany(mago muenzen) i think or( leibe de) and it never showed up.ordered a cheetah as well from Germany and again it never turned up!

strange because I followed the tracking number to London and then both just disappeared:(.

haven't bothered since.shame because they were a low price(doubled in value now).

someone out there has 2 lovely free ounces of silver.

will never buy coins from abroad again,they have a habit of disappearing.

once bitten,twice shy,

twice bitten,shove it.