• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Reverse proof Libertads

amiddleton

I much prefer the plain old Proof version.

But they are Gold, shiny and a beautiful, classic design- not a lot to not like, except the premium to be paid.  

The 2019 might be worth gambling on- at 500 mintage, its half that of the 2018 Inaugural release.   

4 hours ago, amiddleton said:

I agree with your response, and its definitely the 2019 500 mintage that gets my premium, and provokes this post!

I see you are based in the US- I think Libertads are a much easier buy over there with you.  

Generally, Gold Libs in Europe are mostly available in Germany and are priced around the same amount of Euros as they are in US Dollars.  I do get confused as to what people actually  pay for items in the US, in terms of what gets added on in State Sales Tax.  

I'm not sure if you are interested in the Onza or the 1/2 Onza RP but I see APMEX have the 2018 RP with $30 off at $832 but despite this- I think if I was interested in a RP, I would be inclined to buy a 2019 RP at $882 due to the favourable mintage.  

$882 Dollars is around £680- I realise that this is the headline price and not landed,  but here in the UK, as @silvernewbie points out- there's a dearth of Libertads available so shipping can be expensive from Germany, particularly if buying only one coin.  

Agree with @richatthecroft, in preferring the Proof over the Reverse Proof, having 1/2 Onza of a 2017 and 2018, respectively. However, as also cited, the 500 mintage is very attractive for the 2019 Reverse Proof. Going into the 2019 Libertad purchase, I am actually going to be leaning in on a 1/2 Onza BU...really not sure why over the Proof, but they are priced well on SD Bullion. 

On 03/12/2019 at 00:16, richatthecroft said:

I see you are based in the US- I think Libertads are a much easier buy over there with you.  

Generally, Gold Libs in Europe are mostly available in Germany and are priced around the same amount of Euros as they are in US Dollars.  I do get confused as to what people actually  pay for items in the US, in terms of what gets added on in State Sales Tax.  

I'm not sure if you are interested in the Onza or the 1/2 Onza RP but I see APMEX have the 2018 RP with $30 off at $832 but despite this- I think if I was interested in a RP, I would be inclined to buy a 2019 RP at $882 due to the favourable mintage.  

$882 Dollars is around £680- I realise that this is the headline price and not landed,  but here in the UK, as @silvernewbie points out- there's a dearth of Libertads available so shipping can be expensive from Germany, particularly if buying only one coin.  

Which german sellers sell them?

On 02/12/2019 at 21:51, amiddleton said:

I agree with your response, and its definitely the 2019 500 mintage that gets my premium, and provokes this post!

I love Libertads, and enjoy these reverse proof as the proof one . If the Mexican Mint changes the designs in the years to come, the reverse proof will be really scarce compared to the "standard" proof issued in 2005 if I am correct. 

If 2019 seems to be scarcer than 2018, 2018 is still the first year of issue. Moreover, the  2018 frosted field finish is different compared with  the 2019 (as the  finish for the first silver RP 2oz  and 5 oz 2017) . If the mint keep the new  frosted finish for the years to come , the 2018 could be considered as a special issue apart. I have ordered the  RP 2019 and when I'll get them, I'll make photos for comparaison.

I love this elegance, really beautiful 

P1530233.thumb.jpg.bda00f68ff9c58669c27ca03b43d6870.jpg

Sorry.. we were really busy in the last days due a very high load of orders. We also got our next 2000 silver ducks from nz, so we had to do ship many orders and were not able to answer all messages from tsf.

It may be possible that we are the cheapest, which happens very often 😉

Tomorrow @richatthecroft get his libertad proof set and can post some pictures about the quality.

We have many sales for libertad coins, so we buy them in a large quantity to get better prices.

PP are shipped encapsulated. 

Best, Emanuel / Rosland 79288969_1160256764365709_1993713150104436736_o.thumb.jpg.deb389ecb6d7a5beb4bf32d76eeb1c01.jpg

20191127_134525.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 02/12/2019 at 20:41, amiddleton said:

What's your thoughts on Reverse Proof Gold Libertads? Do you like the way they look? Do you think that they are worth collecting?

I am new to the coin collecting, but I love the Libertad. Specially the reverse proof. I own the 2018 and 2019 and have a nice spot reserved for the 2020 when it will be released. I will make some pictures when I have some time and post them. But in my opinion they are stunning and well worth the premium. But that is just me.

• 2 months later...
On 14/01/2020 at 00:18, MrFreezerrr said:

Will there be a 2020 reverse proof Libertad released? Would love to add one of these to the collection...

Same here, can't find any info on release date yet though. 

On 01/04/2020 at 13:44, Jvw said:

Same here, can't find any info on release date yet though. 

They are often out around the last quarter, so I don't expect to have any information about that for a few months. Moreover, the Covid-19 does not help  and could probably  create some issues for the mints

1 minute ago, Frenchie said:

They are often out around the last quarter, so I don't expect to have any information about that for a few months. Moreover, the Covid-19 does not help  and could probably  create some issues for the mints

From memory it was October/ November time

Not surprisingly, it’s not that easy for us Brits to access international coins at the moment because of the coronavirus pandemic. I recently ordered an air-tite capsule from the US which took like a billion years to arrive. Amazingly enough, I do own two fantastic Libertads - a 2018 1/4oz and 2019 1oz gold bullion Libertad. I ordered them online overseas from a brilliant German dealer, @coininvest, just before the pandemic broke out because of the Brexit fiasco over here. 

I had no idea like everyone else when I went on my international gold buying spree around the start of this year that we’d soon find ourselves engulfed in a deadly pandemic. Yes, I have to be absolutely honest with myself and other stackers/collectors that I have been remarkably fortuitous. I know how it might look to my bank who is genuinely spooked out by me. However, I was planning ahead for Brexit, not for some apocalyptic, cataclysmic coronavirus pandemic. We are in a very dangerous position as stackers/collectors because we know from history how governments love to forcefully deprive its citizens of their precious metals during worldwide crises.

• 10 months later...
9 hours ago, GoldStatue said:

Whoa they are expensive, is that because of the mintages this year or is the premium always that hefty?

These are the only coins I bought with high premiums so can't compare them to others.

If my memory serves me right i think I've paid 20% premium on the 2018 (mintage 1000) and 25% premium on 2019 (mintage 500). 

Because of the overal very limited supply in any 2020 Libertad it is easy to think the premium on this (last) years release is way higher. 

But......

....i like to think I managed to buy the first two on relative small premiums ;) 

1 hour ago, Jvw said:

f my memory serves me right i think I've paid 20% premium on the 2018 (mintage 1000) and 25% premium on 2019 (mintage 500). 

Then you did fantastically well at these premiums.  

From my records I paid +35% for the 2018 & +39% for the 2019- these premiums will be total prices I paid including shipping from Germany to the U.K. and include  transferwise fees. 

The +165% premium on the 2020 1/2 Onza RP offered yesterday was going some I thought!  

Archived