• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

OHHHHH WHAT A TARGET!!!

5huggy

Very interesting - thanks for sharing. Interesting approach to clientele given the position of the owner:

Read this re their approach to who they want as customers:

“We won’t deal with millionaires,” says Sean Hoey, managing director of the facility, run by International Bank Vaults (IBV). “We will be dealing only with billionaires.

Now read this:

IBV, which is owned by South African multimillionaire Ashok Sewnarain, said it was opening the London vault due to spiking demand from the world’s wealthiest people for safety deposit boxes, in fear of a possible reaction against rising inequality. 

[Emphasis in bold underline is mine]

In short, the person who owns the place cannot use the place.

Hilarious. You cannot make stuff like this up.

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Very interesting - thanks for sharing. Interesting approach to clientele given the position of the owner:

Read this re their approach to who they want as customers:

“We won’t deal with millionaires,” says Sean Hoey, managing director of the facility, run by International Bank Vaults (IBV). “We will be dealing only with billionaires.

Now read this:

IBV, which is owned by South African multimillionaire Ashok Sewnarain, said it was opening the London vault due to spiking demand from the world’s wealthiest people for safety deposit boxes, in fear of a possible reaction against rising inequality. 

[Emphasis in bold underline is mine]

In short, the person who owns the place cannot use the place.

Hilarious. You cannot make stuff like this up.

Don't get high on your own supply. He's probably just gonna use a normal one, not one that makes you feel better about your self.

I also like the approach of the rich to the worry of a possible reaction to rising inequalities. "I could use my wealth to help or I could put it into an overcharged safe?" 

7 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Nice Notorious BIG reference (the 4th Crack Commandment), @Notafront4adragon. I like your style!

I have a little safety deposit box in London that costs be around 240.00 a year. It is perfect for my means. Sure, it is a sovereign (or thereabouts) per year, but it means I am able to sleep at night. 

No one picks you up in a Rollz, what is even the point!?!

23 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

No one picks you up in a Rollz

Ive just bought a ROLLZ KARNARDLY!!

AWESOME bit of kit!!

Rolls down one hill and "canhardley get up the other side! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Someone with a strong Nigerian accent called and asked if I would like to send all my spare cash and jewellery to an address he would provide for safe keeping.
"Don't worry I will take good care of everything."
"For my trouble, I kindly request you send me your bank details so I can link this to your safe deposit account, which I am about to open on your behalf."
"In order to do this, I need your full password to verify you are the account owner and only the first 4 digits of your pin."
🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Notafront4adragon said:

No one picks you up in a Rollz, what is even the point!?!

How do you know how I get back and forth to my safety deposit box..........???? Just because the box is small and contents are worth less than I would like, don't mean I don't go there and back in style...

Truth, however, is that I get the bus. The No.63. The best South East London to Central London EXPRESS!!

I find this laughable.  I worked for a bank with the largest PM vault outside of the US.  

It was never acknowledged, absolutely never advertised, and whilst institutions would be encouraged rather than individuals millionaires would not have been turned away.  

Marketing gimmick. 

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

"It will definitely cost more, and that is a core part of the sales pitch. “We are the most expensive safety deposit box in London; actually, in the world."

Some people have too much money 😂

12 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I have a little safety deposit box in London that costs be around 240.00 a year. It is perfect for my means. Sure, it is a sovereign (or thereabouts) per year, but it means I am able to sleep at night. 

I know some folk disagree on here with the idea of safety deposit boxes, but I'm with you and do the same. It's worth the money in my mind to have essentials safely stored out of the home, plus like you say the added peace of mind to have PMs stored away from prying eyes and any other items that may not be valuable in the traditional sense but need to be kept safely out of harms way (e.g. family heirlooms).

Only £200 at my place though and the box gets delivered to you automatically out of the vault. Robots! 😂 

You should switch and save yourself a couple of ounces of silver, or maybe yours costs more because it's bigger than my little stash 😁 

Discretion is the better part of valour. Fortunate part of the UHNW why earth store valuables with firm advertising exclusivity only most wealthiest in society. Blending in anonymous best way store generational wealth. SHTF scenario I would not count on getting anything into or out of this place....

8 minutes ago, Abyss said:

Discretion is the better part of valour. Fortunate part of the UHNW why earth store valuables with firm advertising exclusivity only most wealthiest in society. Blending in anonymous best way store generational wealth. SHTF scenario I would not count on getting anything into or out of this place....

The personalised number plate on the car is also helpful.

1 hour ago, Notafront4adragon said:

The personalised number plate on the car is also helpful.

I'm envisaging a string of mopeds following the Rolls, waiting for a bloke with a particularly heavy looking briefcase to climb in the back. 

On 02/12/2019 at 20:42, dicker said:

I find this laughable.  I worked for a bank with the largest PM vault outside of the US.  

It was never acknowledged, absolutely never advertised, and whilst institutions would be encouraged rather than individuals millionaires would not have been turned away.  

Marketing gimmick. 

Best

Dicker

Your so right @dicker - its a dose of "rubbing it in the nose of the MINIONS" IMHO

what do you think BOB ??

minions handshake GIF

Archived