• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Show me your work!!

MantisMetals47

5 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Whats the girth and length of that beasty ?

It weighs in at .62 Troy ounces,,, and it's an exact copy of a 50 caliber R.E.A.L. Muzzleloader round,,, it's prolly at least 3/4" long and about a quarter inch thick id guess lol 

9 minutes ago, MantisMetals47 said:

It weighs in at .62 Troy ounces,,, and it's an exact copy of a 50 caliber R.E.A.L. Muzzleloader round,,, it's prolly at least 3/4" long and about a quarter inch thick id guess lol 

oooh I thought it was a rude toy, but that's even more interesting, have you ever tried shooting one of them out of a gun ?

5 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

@MantisMetals47

One of your bars would make a nice addition to the christmas draw.....

What are you getting at? I'll throw something into a drawing if it'll get my work out there haha 

Added 0 minutes later...
4 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

That top bar would look good with HOVIS stamped into it, lovely bar

Thanks man!! I don't get the HOVIS thing though lol please elaborate 

4 minutes ago, MantisMetals47 said:

What are you getting at? I'll throw something into a drawing if it'll get my work out there haha 

Added 0 minutes later...

Thanks man!! I don't get the HOVIS thing though lol please elaborate 

Take a look at the xmas draw pal 👍

Hovis is a loaf over here ( bread ) nice pillowy goodness !

10 minutes ago, Mattwood198 said:

Few of my first bars here. Not the best pours but I like them!

I need some different shaped moulds now  :)

20191116_164102.jpg

These are great man!! Jus get your molds alot hotter,,, and you shouldn't get those sharp edges,,, or overpour it a bit 

Added 0 minutes later...
12 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Well you could always commission some HOVIS pours ;) hahaha jk 

7 hours ago, Mattwood198 said:

@MantisMetals47, thanks for the tip on heating the moulds. I usually have a blow torch on it for a minute or so before pouring but I guess I need to be more patient with it  :)

Thank you. 

Patience us key,,, I usually hit the mold with the torch for a few minutes before I Ben start my melt,,, and once it's done I defiect the flame off he spout of the dish into my mold area to make sure it stays hot, and once you think the silver is melted,, give it like 2 more mins of torch,, you will enjoy the result!!!

Archived