• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My new purchase just arrived...

SiliconToad

22 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Very nice! Could you post a close up? 

I have 40 bullion of the same year. You can see the difference in the pic you posted. 

Sure thing. ASEs are my preferred bullion. It's one of the few silver items that my friends will trade stuff for. I guess that familiarity is worth something. 

IMG_1189.thumb.jpg.38025b8c38d4180ce7b2ada7c2528d14.jpgIMG_1190.thumb.jpg.a9d2eef5344a3f0d9c9b819230a45dc8.jpg

This whole thing was a fiasco with so many people unable to buy due to site crashing, etc. Also you had dealers telling people they would give them an immediate profit if they bought this and sold to them. Basically instead of collectors, this went straight into dealers hands. Good thing I don't even buy any of this and stick to world coins.

I think there is a real collectors market out there for it. And anyone buying these would be silly to sell them to a dealer for $100 or whatever the bounty was - There are sold auctions on ebay for > 10x the mint price. The big problem was making it fair for folks who wanted to get one. I feel they should have made the coins available via a lottery system for private individuals only. Folks will still be disappointed, but at least they won't feel cheated. 

Speaking for myself, my kids will have to figure out what to do with it after I pass. I'm keeping it. :)

30 minutes ago, ZatStackz said:

Holy sh*t....$10k 

The owner didn't even get it graded or put into holders either...

I have mine heading over to NGC and wont know if its signed until it returns.

I think that those who've opened their packages have done themselves a disservice and lessened the potential value of the coin by not having it encapsulated.  Those of us who are may receive a noticeable premium on the coin if/when it becomes time to sell.

What do you guys think?

On 22 November 2019 at 23:41, StackSellRepeat said:

I hear it’s pure chaos across the pond 😂

I heard talk of bots trying to buy multiples. Would be interesting to know if any succeeded, they say not, but they would wouldn't they😏

150,000 unique visitors and 1.6 m page views in the first hour. 5% of that from bots with 3% of the total coming from one IP address wtf!

30k is a big mintage but the US is a big place with lots of collectors. I can't help feeling any big profits will be early on though. The price will settle eventually to a true collectors level.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

7 hours ago, FiremanDPP said:

Holy sh*t....$10k 

The owner didn't even get it graded or put into holders either...

I have mine heading over to NGC and wont know if its signed until it returns.

I think that those who've opened their packages have done themselves a disservice and lessened the potential value of the coin by not having it encapsulated.  Those of us who are may receive a noticeable premium on the coin if/when it becomes time to sell.

What do you guys think?

Going prices are pretty crazy right now, changing all the time. However, I've noticed the going price for this coin ungraded in mint packaging seem to be the same as a MS69 slabbed coin. Ungraded gets more than a MS68. Don't think it worth the hassle if one is in it for a quick flip.

That might change once the craziness dies down.  

• 2 weeks later...

Many from outside the USA could not order, but somehow I was lucky to order one and let ship abroad. You can't believe what happened. US Mint simply forgot to add commercial invoice for abroad shipping / customs and UPS returned the coin back to US Mint after 1 week of storage. I called at least 8 times but no luck with UPS and US Mint. US Mint's policy demands to refund the money when the coin comes back. They can't resend / re-order the coin for me. I do have 2x W mint mark version in PCGS and really like the Enhanced Reverse Proof finish. Really bad luck for me with this S mint mark version. Not willing to pay thousands of USD. 😞

5 hours ago, happy2gether said:

Many from outside the USA could not order, but somehow I was lucky to order one and let ship abroad. You can't believe what happened. US Mint simply forgot to add commercial invoice for abroad shipping / customs and UPS returned the coin back to US Mint after 1 week of storage. I called at least 8 times but no luck with UPS and US Mint. US Mint's policy demands to refund the money when the coin comes back. They can't resend / re-order the coin for me. I do have 2x W mint mark version in PCGS and really like the Enhanced Reverse Proof finish. Really bad luck for me with this S mint mark version. Not willing to pay thousands of USD. 😞

Bad luck 😪

On 23/11/2019 at 00:24, Mkman123 said:

This whole thing was a fiasco with so many people unable to buy due to site crashing, etc. Also you had dealers telling people they would give them an immediate profit if they bought this and sold to them. Basically instead of collectors, this went straight into dealers hands. Good thing I don't even buy any of this and stick to world coins.

I'm glad this sort of thing does not happen in the UK.

That experience was bad! Waited 10 minutes before the sale. Logged in kept hitting refresh. Then high noon, i get one put in my cart, then "oops something went wrong". Kept re logging in, " oops something went wrong", finally get to check out, "oops something went wrong". Get back in check out, hit enter payment, "sorry item is no longer for sale"! All in 16 minutes, poof it's gone. Very disappointed!!!!!

Archived