• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal mint phone call

Goldmick

I had a call from a nice young Welsh lady the other day, trying to sell me the 2020 proof sov as well.

I told her to tell her bosses that they increased the price of their numismatic gold a few months ago and that now the spot price has gone down, their proof sovs are a ridiculous price.

She did say they have decreased the number of "presentations" of the proofs and even dropped the premium 3 coin set, or the standard 3 coin set as us old timers remember it Stupid . They have also dropped the individual quarter sov and now you can only get it in the 3 coin set, Boo Hoo! Stupid idea.

I did tell her I am saving my money for the 2022 proof sovereign and they had better make it a good one😁

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

34 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I did tell her I am saving my money for the 2022 proof sovereign and they had better make it a good one😁

Im too lazy to search for a 2022 Royal event...

Would you mind kind sir...

2 hours ago, danmc82 said:

Im too lazy to search for a 2022 Royal event...

Would you mind kind sir...

Queen Elizabeth ascended to the throne in 1952, therefore every 10 years she has a notable Jubilee anniversary.

thus,

2002 was her Golden Jubilee.

2012 was her Diamond Jubilee.

2022 will be her Platinum Jubilee.

2002 and 2012 proof sovereigns were..................different and "special"

guess what 2022 should be and probably even more so 😉

2 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Queen Elizabeth ascended to the throne in 1952, therefore every 10 years she has a notable Jubilee anniversary.

thus,

2002 was her Golden Jubilee.

2012 was her Diamond Jubilee.

2022 will be her Platinum Jubilee.

2002 and 2012 proof sovereigns were..................different and "special"

guess what 2022 should be and probably even more so 😉

Judging by how things are going for the family this year, I'm not sure she will be at the helm in 2022...

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

1 minute ago, 1817Karl said:

Judging by how things are going for the family this year, I'm not sure she will be at the helm in 2022...

yeah good point, it can't be easy for her😟

I guess we're so used to her just going on forever and having good genes as well.

Archived