• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

5 oz Hammered Silver Forum Rounds (2019)

BackyardBullion
Message added by ChrisSilver

All SOLD

5 oz Hammered Silver Forum Rounds (2019)

@ChrisSIlver and I are very happy to formally announce our premiere and crowning product in "The Silver Forum" Branded pieces for 2019. 

Hammered 5 oz rounds!

There are a lot of different aspects to tell you about so I have split this post up into various sections, hopefully this will cover most of your questions but if there is something I have not covered then please feel free to get in touch or comment on this thread. 

First, a quick thank you!

A big thank you once again to @ChrisSIlver for the continued faith and support in our business and brand!

And thank you to the forum members who have been patiently waiting for this announcement and these rounds!

Hand Poured Silver 5 oz Hammered Rounds by Backyard Bullion

All these 5 oz rounds are hand poured, hammered, stamped and finished by myself (and Mrs Backyard Bullion) meaning each and every round is unique in some way.

The weights will vary round to round (although none less than 5 ozt). Every piece has been hammered and as such will be completely unique. In addition, each round has been Hallmarked by the Edinburgh Assay Office with a 2mm "feature" mark. 

Each round has been "antiqued" which is a process of blackening the letters and involves the use of the chemical solution called "liver of sulphur". The rounds are then polished by hand by myself AND Mrs BYB - which is a very lengthy and painstaking process. However the results speak for themselves as it really makes the details stand out.

This is what they look like!

1285340700_5ozRound(2).thumb.jpg.a28283d348296d31c03388b5b586cfaa.jpg

Release Date & Pre-order Period

These 5 oz Rounds are going to be ready for general release in the week commencing 2nd December 2019. 

We are opening the Pre-Order/reservation period NOW though.

We anticipate these to be quite popular. If you would like to order a round please let me know by replying to this thread or by PM'ing me. 

We have 25 as a mintage but only 23 to sell (Numbers 1 & 2 are reserved for @ChrisSIlver and myself). 

Maximum of 2 per person - subject to availability

Considering the limited mintage and anticipated popularity we will be limiting these to two per person maximum.

If there are more than 23 rounds reserved/requested we will then look to reduce this to a maximum of 1 per person to allow more people to get a round. In the event that we get more requests than there are rounds available we will draw random ballots to determine who gets a round. This is the fairest way to do it. 

Payment will only be taken once we can 100% confirm you will be allocated a round

Prices

Standard or Non member price - £140 per round

Silver Premium member price - £135 per round

Gold & Platinum member price - £130 per round

UK Postage: +£3.50 or free for 2+ Rounds

International postage: +£10 tracked for 1 round  and free for 2+ rounds

Mintage

So, the mintage for 2019 will be 25

This mintage is set and will not change.

The following Serial numbers are NOT available. #1 & #2 - #1 is for @ChrisSIlver, #2 is for me.

Serial Number allocation

Serial numbers will be allocated on a different thread at a pre-determined time which we will communicate in due course so members should be able to get a fair shot at any particular numbers they would like. 

Hallmarking by the Edinburgh Assay Office

As with all of my Hand Poured Silver products these rounds will be Assay Tested and Hallmarked by the Edinburgh Assay Office. 

These rounds are hallmarked with a 2mm sized mark - it is a larger and more expensive mark than normal but it really shows off the beauty of the Edinburgh Assay Office's work. 

Hallmarking is a very good addition to any poured silver. It is your 100% GUARANTEE that these rounds are indeed 999 fine silver and made by me in 2019.

If anyone wants to find out more about hallmarking please feel free to get in touch!

4922692_IMG_20190812_125742(2).thumb.jpg.8d554130b83b2664d2cfffb4d9bec413.jpg

What are The Silver Forum Bars/Rounds all about?

The Silver Forum Bars and Rounds (in all their sizes) have been created as a way to draw the silver forum community together but also as a fundraising and brand awareness raising exercise. Proceeds from the sales of these Rounds help keep the forum running in the way we have become accustomed to. Silver Premium and Gold Premium and now Platinum memberships go a long way to helping the running of the forum and to help keep the membership prices as low as practical, The Silver Forum Bars and rounds we make help a lot. 

Also, it is about raising the brand awareness of the forum and to encourage new people to join the forum and to make standard members think about supporting the forum by upgrading their membership or simply supporting the forum on a one off basis. 

Forum membership and pricing 

As you can see there are some very good savings to be had for upgrading your membership - so take a look at the benefits that are available for premium and gold premium members today!

A few notes on pricing

These Rounds are hand poured, hand hammered, hand stamped and polished by me and Mrs Backyard Bullion. They take a lot of time and energy and equipment to create. These are premium hand poured silver products, not cheap bullion. They are a way to support the Backyard Bullion business, our brand and most importantly, The Silver Forum. As I said earlier, proceeds from the sale of these rounds go towards the upkeep and running costs of this forum. This helps keep membership prices as low as possible for premium and gold premium members and ensures that standard members can still use this forum for free. 

Standard members - The difference in price is as a way for you to support the forum in a one off style payment rather than signing up for membership. But also please feel free to upgrade your membership to take advantage of the discounts available. 

The price also incorporates the Hallmarking costs, this includes postage of these rounds to and from Edinburgh and the application of the hallmark.

Payment Information

To secure the reservation of your rounds please reply to this thread or via PM as soon as possible. 

If you are interested then please let me know in this thread or via PM and I will then reply with the payment information.

Payment will be via Banks Transfer or PayPal. We can accept other forms of payment too, just ask if you would like to find out more. 

Also, I welcome all feedback and any questions you might have about these Rounds! 

Thanks for reading and thanks for supporting The Silver Forum!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

3 minutes ago, Abyss said:

Can I have serial number 04 in the 5 oz Hammered Silver Forum Rounds (2019). Thanks.

Serial numbers will be allocated at a later date

5 oz rounds are coming along nicely!

Today was stamping day to get them ready for antiquing!

We have still got availability for rounds, if you would like one please let me know!

5 oz Stamping.jpg

41 minutes ago, jonrms said:

You know me I am a magpie, I like shiny things, but I know there are a lot who enjoy them being antiqued. So Well done. I still prefer the shiny ones.

It is each to their own - they are very very nice though in the hand - these things you could juggle with and not worry about dents and scratches because they have already been hammered to hell and back (much to the dismay of my next door neighbours!) 

11 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

It is each to their own - they are very very nice though in the hand - these things you could juggle with and not worry about dents and scratches because they have already been hammered to hell and back (much to the dismay of my next door neighbours!) 

I can do alot, but juggling.  No. Lol

Archived