• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Even after withdrawl, should a chargeback occur , even after funds are withdrawn to bank, our PayPal will plunge in negative £30k and if fund are not back to positive figures,it will be outsourced, debt collection will see to recoup the negative balance, Gang of feckin thieves PayPal

I have a good team of attorneys on retainer so that doesnt scare me too much but yeah see the concern

4 minutes ago, ShaolinStacker said:

I have a good team of attorneys on retainer so that doesnt scare me too much but yeah see the concern

Just don't take PayPal full stop. The ball is never in your caught as a seller. www.paypalsucks.com for 1000s of horror stories

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Just don't take PayPal full stop. The ball is never in your caught as a seller. www.paypalsucks.com for 1000s of horror stories

One good thing is, I know the buyer isnt using a credit card through paypal for the transaction. He is transfering funds from bank account to PayPal. I found good international shipping insurance for numismatics. So will be insuring for full amount. Also crossing all Tees and Lower case j with documentation on shipping and reliable service. Wish me luck lol

9 minutes ago, ShaolinStacker said:

Over 200,000+ eBay sales under my belt since 1998 voice of experience, when PayPal works for a £5 cd sale, it works. For a £30k sale, not only can you lose your £30k, but also your original item and £4k you paid and damage to your credit profile if goes to debt recovery/court/credit reference agencies

I have had many many dealings with both ebay and paypal and imho they are bigger crooks than the crooks. Since their inception they have continued with paypal knowing that their system is fallible and can be used to defraud while still promoting it in a way that lets people believe they are part of the banking society. People are unaware that they are just a card reading machine with a global name that allows them to make up their own rules as they go along. They are truely shocking imho !!!

36 minutes ago, ShaolinStacker said:

Attorneys won't help you in the slightest because it'll all be covered in the terms and conditions you signed up to. 

It'll probably be fine. However the risk is you send the coin, it arrives safely per your insured delivery method, buyer tucks your coin underneath their pillow, then buyer contacts PayPal and tells them you sent him a rock in a box. Oh no. 

Now it's your word versus the buyer. And you can't even be 100% sure if the buyer is at fault, maybe someone stole it and replaced with a rock during delivery The shipping company insurance is no longer relevant though, their system says they delivered it. However eBay and PayPal policy is clear - buyer is covered if item received is 'not as described' - so unless you can prove otherwise (which you really can't in this scenario) they are going to get a refund. 

If the money has left your PayPal, they will refund the buyer anyway and now you own them the money. Good luck with that one! 

The unfortunate reality is they have to side with someone, either the buyer or the seller. If they sided with the seller in these cases, there would be nothing to stop you actually just shipping out rocks! So there's no perfect answer here, just the risk associated with selling online unfortunately. 

TLDR - know the risks! 

36 minutes ago, Becca said:

Peoples love for and faith in paypal is highlighted by ebays shift away from them which is currently happening I believe 

eBay shifting away from PayPal? I don't think so - eBay own PayPal! 😄

9 minutes ago, Melon said:

eBay shifting away from PayPal? I don't think so - eBay own PayPal! 😄

Out of date information.

PayPal became eBay’s main payments provider in 2003, a few months after eBay had acquired the company in a deal valued at $1.5 billion. The two companies split into separate public companies in July of 2015 and signed a five-year operating agreement to maintain a close relationship through mid-2020.

Ebay have said they will start to work with a new payments provider when the current deal expires in 2020

Edited by sovereignsteve

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

24 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Out of date information.

PayPal became eBay’s main payments provider in 2003, a few months after eBay had acquired the company in a deal valued at $1.5 billion. The two companies split into separate public companies in July of 2015 and signed a five-year operating agreement to maintain a close relationship through mid-2020.

Ebay have said they will start to work with a new payments provider when the current deal expires in 2020

Ah news to me, interesting thanks. 

Even more interesting Seller protection excludes only "gold Bullion". While buyers protection excludes "payments made in respect of gold"

The definition of bullion is

"Gold or Silver in bulk before coining"

So being that this is a coin I would interpret that this is not "bullion"

Screenshot_20200124-172906_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200124-172926_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200124-173348_Samsung Internet.jpg

20200124_172849.jpg

27 minutes ago, Oldun said:

With this amount of moolah in play, I would call up paypal again and exactly ask that question in specific reference to your item. I would not leave it to your own interpretation of what you read.

Absolutely agreed! Been on the phone with them 5 times today lol. Just thought the verbiage was interesting.

Hi all

Just to let everyone know we have a 2019 Gold 200 pounds Una and the Lion NGC PF70 Ultra Cameo in our upcoming auction tomorrow. Here is the link

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/auctions/4-9B8PF/the-coin-cabinet-auction-13-0-buyer-premium

Please note there is a 0 % buyer premium in our monthly auctions.

Thanks,

The Coin Cabinet

HOLY!! "£$%^&*

1f30de52-6156-431f-a18e-af0936768230?width=288&height=288&resizeinbox=true&backgroundcolor=FFFFFF

Great Britain Elizabeth II 2019 Gold 200 Pounds Proof 'Una & the Lion' NGC PF70 Ultra Cameo #4863748-006
DESCRIPTION
GREAT BRITAIN. Elizabeth II, 1952-.
200 Pounds, 2019. The Royal Mint. Proof 'Una & the Lion'.
Fifth crowned portrait of HM Queen Elizabeth II facing right; ELIZABETH II·D·G·REG·F·D·200 POUNDS·. Design by Jody Clark. / Crowned and mantled Queen Victoria directing Lion left, DIRIGE DEUS GRESSUS MEOS (May God direct my steps) above, date in Latin numerals and engraver's mark below.

The Queen depicted as Una and the Lion was a controversial design issued at a time of great uncertainty. Victoria had only just turned 18 when she became Queen and Empress of the world's leading empire at the time, with dominions scattered around the globe. All eyes were on her to deliver the huge task of leading the empire to future prosperity. The depiction of Victoria as Lady Una, calmly directing the enormous beast by her side, the Lion (representing England), was a clever analogy, using the characters from Edmund Spenser's poem The Faerie Queene (written in 1590). It was the first time in history a British monarch was depicted on a coin as a fictional character.

As part of the Great Engravers series the coin offered here has caused equal amounts of admiration and frustration due to the ultra-low mintage and low-profile marketing from the Royal Mint. The mintage being just 225 pieces it was immediately sold out and now coins are already selling for £25,000 on the secondary market, leaving most collectors with little chance of ever getting one. This will be one to keep for the future, the Una and the Lion being perhaps the most iconic of all British coin designs, the original 5 Pound piece struck in 1839 recently sold for USD 575,000 hammer, one of the best performers of all British investment coins. Make sure to get yours in a 70 grade as perfect examples will perform the best. This coin comes with its original box and certificate of authenticity #53, as issued by the Royal Mint. In secure plastic holder, graded by NGC PF70 Ultra Cameo, certification number 4863748-006.

Mintage: 225
Weight: 62.42 g.
Composition: 999/1000 Gold

PLEASE NOTE: 0 % Buyer Premium on this lot. No other fees, including live bidding. Only delivery cost will be added to your order.
STARTING BID
£2,200
PLACE BID
Current £21,500 - - Time for me to TRADE the HOUSE!!! 😵
 Im going to be watching for sheer "ENVY"!!
Edited by 5huggy
add info

And the little engine that could.....20 bids up to £360 as of typing....that is an almost 100% profit and not to be sniffed at despite being the cinderella to her much more illustrious 500%+ profit elder sister !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Una-and-the-Lion-UK-Two-Ounce-Silver-Proof-Coin/254487537787?hash=item3b40a3a87b:g:1AwAAOSwRn9eJdHg

Edited by Oldun

4 hours ago, TheCoinCabinet said:

Hi all

Just to let everyone know we have a 2019 Gold 200 pounds Una and the Lion NGC PF70 Ultra Cameo in our upcoming auction tomorrow. Here is the link

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/auctions/4-9B8PF/the-coin-cabinet-auction-13-0-buyer-premium

Please note there is a 0 % buyer premium in our monthly auctions.

Thanks,

The Coin Cabinet

Thanks Andreas, we hadn't noticed😂

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon