• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

3 hours ago, Numistacker said:

i'm sure thats what I said a few pages ago, glad to have been vindicated ))

I did see you comment and summise that some dealers were bidding. I thought you were assuming this because they have large feedback totals. If that was not the case and you indeed know the identity of those bidders then I apologise for not realising the wisdom of your words. I could have saved myself the bother of checking the sales. 😉

I am as certain as I can be that I know the identity of the dealer I mentioned.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Please can nobody name the dealer here in the forum. It is absolutely wrong and an invasion of his privacy and it may even place him in danger.

Mod please can you remove his name urgently from any posts 

Moving on to what is real, it will be interesting to see how the silver versions come along in price this year. People here seem to be interested in any increased value in the coming years. I have not had a silver one in hand yet myself but hopefully will have one soon - I ordered a few months ago now for under £200. The Coin Connection has been very good in its reassurances of quality control performance and willingness to communicate. I will be interested to see how it arrives as it will actually be my first purchase from them.

Edited by Oldun

Yup. I am very much looking forward to seeing one in the flesh. The Coin Connection really has been very good in my first dealing with them (disclaimer:  I have no affiliation with them). It was reassuring to know that the coin has been inspected for any serious flaws.

In my case, I asked for the capsule to be sealed properly for the journey, as there had been cases of the coin coming loose in the box, and they did. Fair play 👍 It is a pity The RM cannot sort out their own qc issues to a higher standard than at present (especially packaging and remittance).

Edited by Oldun

7 hours ago, Kman said:

I guessed the silver would take a year to stablise at £300 but they're already there and past that

Indeed. I just did a quick search and the most recent ones (in the last week) have sold for approaching £350. And two BINs went for just shy of £400 which seems odd when you can get them cheaper elsewhere with a bit of internet searching. Still, you pays yer money (or not) and takes yer choice.

Edited by Oldun

9 hours ago, Numistacker said:

Please can nobody name the dealer here in the forum. It is absolutely wrong and an invasion of his privacy and it may even place him in danger.

Mod please can you remove his name urgently from any posts 

Wrong and invasion of privacy? How so? It’s £38k for 2 coins, yet the information that he paid the highest price ever for an original Una is already out there and freely available, you should maybe have a word with NGC and see what they say. Perhaps it’s more to do with eventual profit?

C5E1BFF8-2538-43D2-A8F4-B89BF877BA05.jpeg

Edited by Gibby

14 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Wrong and invasion of privacy? How so? It’s £38k for 2 coins, yet the information that he paid the highest price ever for an original Una is already out there and freely available, you should maybe have a word with NGC and see what they say. Perhaps it’s more to do with eventual profit?

C5E1BFF8-2538-43D2-A8F4-B89BF877BA05.jpeg

The reason that the eBay listings do not show the name of the buyer is that it is protected data. If eBay showed this information it would probably be a breach of GDPR. This information was exposed by someone who purposely investigated and exposed this data. Perhaps all publicity is good publicity and some people who want to buy will now know where to go but also the PM market is a place where the players try to have a minimum level of personal security and that is why we have forum ID’s here not names. His security was threatened by this exposure. 

I note that the news item did show his name and I assume he gave permission for that. Perhaps if asked he would have also given his permission to Dave and to the Forum but he was not asked and he dd not give permission. 

Dealers buy coins all the time in the market. Sometimes they pay high sometimes they pay low but either way it’s not really news and many of the people here need dealers to give liquidity to their stack or collection. 

On 13/01/2020 at 10:04, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bfl/viewbids/303441903449?item=303441903449&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Well its been live for less than a day, x4 unique bidders, all bidding over the start bid of £13,500 

Look like we cannot follow the bidder/IDs/feedback scores as the seller has made it a "private" listing

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bfl/viewbids/303441903449?item=303441903449&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Bidding at £17,800 with 5 days left to run, and x78 watches on it . 

Will be interesting to see what the one with Andreas at Coin Cabinet's auction realises in its next auction later in the month that @AndrewSL76 hightlighted up yesterday

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Bidding at £17,800 with 5 days left to run, and x78 watches on it . 

Will be interesting to see what the one with Andreas at Coin Cabinet's auction realises in its next auction later in the month that @AndrewSL76 hightlighted up yesterday

Definitely. Bidders have several ungraded sales on ebay to guide them now. Still holding out or tempted to sell?

So thus far, give or take a thou or so 🤣, confirmed sales range from £12,000 to @ £20,000 ? Is that about right ? And silver ones are somewhere in the £300-£400 range (according to available information - please correct me if I am wrong).

Edited by Oldun

2 hours ago, Oldun said:

So thus far, give or take a thou or so 🤣, confirmed sales range from £12,000 to @ £20,000 ? Is that about right ? And silver ones are somewhere in the £300-£400 range (according to available information - please correct me if I am wrong).

Gold seems to be £20,000+ atm, if you can find one for 12 currently you would be doing well

Silver should be low £300 for a while with H&B having them for sale for £299

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I believe a coin was sold a few weeks ago, before any ebay sales, for £12,000, so a very general one month range would start at £12,000 (I believe no commission involved but unconfirmed) and end up at the top end of @ £20,000-£27,000 (less ebay  commission etc).

Whichever way you slice it, some very decent, cash in hand profits for those who bought and sold recently.

My silver one, I intend to add to my long term collection. Definitely a runner up thanks for coming prize but my nearly  5 year old daughter will love me when she is older....but for now, I am a legend with her as I still have my 2015 Back to the Future Delorean and coin (she couldn’t care less about the coin) and she thinks I am “brill!!!!” It is not all about money if a true hobby. 
One thing I have found is that people can get very money orientated around this hobby, although for some it what it is all about and even a livelihood ! I am not nearly sharp enough for all that. I put myself in the started out as a stacker, then included some numismatics, then reincluded stacking. 
I will leave all the clever stuff to others !

Edited by Oldun

15 hours ago, Kman said:

Gold seems to be £20,000+ atm, if you can find one for 12 currently you would be doing well

Silver should be low £300 for a while with H&B having them for sale for £299

I think we will see the true potential of the silver Una when the second in the series comes out, especially if it’s another masterpiece. 

6 hours ago, Oldun said:

Ah, that company is well-known for putting hugely unrealistic prices on coins.

That makes sense.

I might ring and ask if they want any volunteer coin evaluators to work weekends, as it looks pretty clear no experience is necessary, either that or we’ve found what Diane Abbott does in her spare time. 

57 minutes ago, ShaolinStacker said:

Finally got my 2oz Gold Una. Wanted to see what you guys would do? 

1- Sell in OMP take the $25k and run

2- Grade with NGC take the $30+k and run

3- Grade with NGC and put it in the safe for 30 years( In my early 30s now)

Just wanted to see what the wisdom of the forum thinks... Thanks

I'd take the money and run if it was me. No idea about the value of grading. 

It may go up over time, but it also may go down. In my mind, I'm not in this game to speculate with large sums of money on collectables. So for me it would be sell and invest in weight. 

But it's not my Una, so the real question is what are you in the game for?