• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

2 hours ago, AurumArgenti said:

I don't normally do price predictions but I have a feeling the silver with be going for closer to the £500 mark. Mainly on the back of the gold pulling it upwards.

i think this is very realistic price !!!

2 hours ago, Paul said:

To draw a comparison, when a design of a coin is very favourably received by the market as a whole, prices will increase accordingly,  look at the popularity of the 2014 Silver Britannia proofs sells for over its inherent silver content.

Given Una & Lion near 200 year history, recognition as one of the most beautiful British coins designs of all time, a worldwide collector appeal (not just UK market), low(ish) mintage, the first in the Engravers series, if all further releases are as well received & sell out quickly, it favours the earlier coins much more for those who want the whole series

A price point that is within the realms of possibility & realistic to most coin collectors who need a bit of Una & Lion in their collection.  I cant see why this wont go well down the line

great advice , i think when (if) the series takes of then people will be looking for a entry point and the silver will be the only option for most , i just looked on ebay and for the 2014 proof Britannia they are averaging £300.00 thats for a 1oz coin with a mintage of 5300 and to me thats not a very desirable coin 

am prepare to wait to sell mine regardless of risks with spotting etc ,,alot of people have a bit to say about QC at rm but i must say mines perfect (so far) i think they have done very well with this coin , i hope my words dont come back to haunt me later on !!!!!!

On 02/01/2020 at 14:42, magpie79 said:

i think this is very realistic price !!!

i just looked on ebay and for the 2014 proof Britannia they are averaging £300.00 thats for a 1oz coin with a mintage of 5300 and to me thats not a very desirable coin 

Lol maybe not to you, but it is a very desirable coin to most collectors.I think when all the hype has died down the silver Una will hover around £250 mark. It is a beautiful coin but with a mintage of 3000 it is not rare at all & once the genuine collectors have one the flippers will dump them at a small profit.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

i was only using the 2014 brit as a future pricing gauge regardless if i like it or not 

to me if a coin of one ounce silver with a mintage of 5000 plus can reach £300.00  ... then why not a coin of 2oz silver with a mintage of 3000,with as much hype as this and possibly ONE OF THE BEST coin series the royal mint has made reach bigger prices 

I didn't even edit this one.

What on earth are the Royal Mint doing with their website... Availability changed, 205 or 225 mystery, price reduced randomly to £3,835 - all on a coin that hasn't been available for ages now. Who manages this website and don't they have better things to be doing?! 😆

1862466171_Annotation2020-01-03184114.thumb.jpg.32b26d86ade7ffdceee689a5ef855469.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=16&_nkw=gold una lion&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Another Gold Una & Lion sale on FleaBay today, listed £19,995 at 15.13 today with "best offer" and looks like seller has taken best offer 

Someone risking nearly £20k on a coin the seller doesnt even have to hand just yet.

The Una craziness continues

1 minute ago, AurumArgenti said:

Battered capsule and scratch coin to one side. What do you think of the design?

I don't own any numismatic stuff, but I can immediately appreciate the quality on this one (issues aside). Probably over-hyped, but it does have a nice depth to it. I may stick with this series if I can keep getting them at RRP, although if prices go up then I'm a stacker at heart and may flip. 

5 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

if the photos aint a wind up , then thats ****ing terrible mate !!!

Unfortunately not. I struggle to even see how it could occur in postage, given the coin is within a box that fits it perfectly and the box is completely undamaged. Suggested to me they packed it like that.

I wonder if this is a previously returned coin. I got it late after they originally sold out on the Royal Mint website (one of the random 1 off coins that were popping up for a few days). The COA is in the low 2k range. 

I have no doubt I can get my money back, but the big question really is whether they will they give me a replacement coin. I'm doubtful to be honest 😥

My silver Una replacement has arrived and...   its fine! I am relieved especially after seeing other posts with similar quality control issues to those I originally had with my first coin in early December. The packaging was all good, the capsule was fully closed upon arrival and the coin looks perfect. Happy days.

20200104_164312.jpg

3 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

My silver Una replacement has arrived and...   its fine! I am relieved especially after seeing other posts with similar quality control issues to those I originally had with my first coin in early December. The packaging was all good, the capsule was fully closed upon arrival and the coin looks perfect. Happy days.

20200104_164312.jpg

great coin mate and am genuinely pleased for ya congrats ( no joke )   but your timing is awful ....someone has just died on this thread !!!!!!

2 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

great coin mate and am genuinely pleased for ya congrats ( no joke )   but your timing is awful ....someone has just died on this thread !!!!!!

I did the same about a month ago when my original Una arrived with the capsule half open and coin left rattling around and scratched. I sadly know the feeling. This is my replacement for that original coin which I sent back.

Edited by AppleZippoandMetronome

24 minutes ago, Melon said:

Unfortunately not. I struggle to even see how it could occur in postage, given the coin is within a box that fits it perfectly and the box is completely undamaged. Suggested to me they packed it like that.

I wonder if this is a previously returned coin. I got it late after they originally sold out on the Royal Mint website (one of the random 1 off coins that were popping up for a few days). The COA is in the low 2k range. 

I have no doubt I can get my money back, but the big question really is whether they will they give me a replacement coin. I'm doubtful to be honest 😥

There shouldn't be a problem sorting out a repclament for you. When I sent an email after my original arrived damaged they covered the return postage and as per the posts above the new one arrived today. I had the same feeling with my original that you have with yours - the damage was almost certainly done prior to packing. Its pretty shocking that they miss stuff like this. Given what it must cost them in returns and potential reminting it seems insane there isn't more a push to get it right.

Fingers crossed they get back to you quickly and there's a fast turn around for the replacement. I sent my original back on the 12th of December and received the replacement today so not too bad a turn around considered the holidays were in the middle. Yours should be quicker all being well.

On 04/01/2020 at 17:26, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

There shouldn't be a problem sorting out a repclament for you. When I sent an email after my original arrived damaged they covered the return postage and as per the posts above the new one arrived today. I had the same feeling with my original that you have with yours - the damage was almost certainly done prior to packing. Its pretty shocking that they miss stuff like this. Given what it must cost them in returns and potential reminting it seems insane there isn't more a push to get it right.

Fingers crossed they get back to you quickly and there's a fast turn around for the replacement. I sent my original back on the 12th of December and received the replacement today so not too bad a turn around considered the holidays were in the middle. Yours should be quicker all being well.

Just off the phone with the Royal Mint who called me following my email (credit for promptness). 

Unfortunately it looks like I can’t get a new one. They’ve arranged free return shipping and are happy to put it in a new capsule and return, but unless another coin happens to end up available in the next few days then it’ll be the same coin back in a new capsule or a refund. They’re going to call me when the coin lands back with them to make the final choice. 

Disappointing but not totally unexpected 😢

33 minutes ago, Melon said:

Just off the phone with the Royal Mint who called me following my email (credit for promptness). 

Unfortunately it looks like I can’t get a new one. They’ve arranged free return shipping and are happy to put it in a new capsule and return, but unless another coin happens to end up available in the next few days then it’ll be the same coin back in a new capsule or a refund. They’re going to call me when the coin lands back with them to make the final choice. 

Disappointing but not totally unexpected 😢

Genuinely surprised and sorry to read this. I suppose this confirms what was speculated about in another thread yesterday - the mint will indeed resell rejected damaged coins. The more I come to understand how they operate the more I can understand why people pay the extra that somewhere like The Coin Connection charges. Very sad state of affairs.