• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is sunshine minting the most honest or truthful company out there in silver right now?!

I don't want to sound like a silver shill type of guy, but they are sold out constantly and/or sold out everywhere alone at times...

Is this a shortage or that people trust their security / silver bars at that point?!

I'm just curious myself so correct me if I'm wrong.

Very little is known about them, so there's no basis for thinking of them as particularly trustworthy. For example, who owns them? Who comprises their leadership team? No idea. All the mints are like this – not very open or transparent. Example, I have no idea who is behind the Scottsdale Mint either.

Silver is simple. It weighs what it weighs. There isn't anything Sunshine or anyone else could do to stand out as more trustworthy in terms of the product, since all major mints are reliable and produce bullion that meets the requisite standards.

Sunshine has their MintMark SI, but it's underexposed because it requires you to buy a special decoder lens. That was a big mistake on their part. If they had come up with something that didn't require the purchase of a separate device they might have gained a lot more traction.

Also, there's been a pervasive silver bar shortage for many months, at least in North America. This includes Sunshine but also a lot of others like Scottsdale, the Royal Canadian Mint, Britannias, Perth, just about everyone except for Silvertowne.

10 hours ago, Bimetallic said:

Also, there's been a pervasive silver bar shortage for many months, at least in North America. This includes Sunshine but also a lot of others like Scottsdale, the Royal Canadian Mint, Britannias, Perth, just about everyone except for Silvertowne.

Same this side of the pond.

I’ve given up on getting a 10oz Canadian bar for my sons Christmas box and so I have gone for the 100 year mounted police coins.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information. Maybe I rushed it a bit as they are the best then (Top 3 still at least not saying they are bad here - obviously). Scottsdale is definitely up there to as well maybe I should just go with a top 3 or something like that to as well since the silver scene is always changing to me anyways. The more I learn that is myself.

On 17/11/2019 at 19:59, 5huggy said:

My guess would be -  they are spending ALL their time producing Planchets for the us government - ASE's 

Be awesome if you could just buy planchets. Get them for like $.29 over spot or something like that.

Just ordered some - 1 oz coins (random lower end coins) for .29 cents over spot a few hours ago - due to black friday or whatever. early bird special. Be nice if they just sold those planchets though at that price or something like that.

Archived