• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Compare Gold Prices (UK) - FREE Website

Darr3nG

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Yup, whichever was the cheapest option on the day got added to the scan list. I'll do my best to keep it updated.

It's relatively easy to change, so if you find any other links with cheaper prices, please let me know.

This is one of the main reasons I will not charge for the site or look for vendor support - it'll not always be up-to-date / accurate and I don't want to mislead a customer or annoy a vendor.

Its a whack-a-mole task to catch the special prices, discounts etc. Best to find the major supplier's "best value" and stick to that. 

1 hour ago, Darr3nG said:

Added a few 1/4oz prices to the list... Enjoy! :)

Could you kindly cease and desist from all further work on this website immediately. 

I know you intend well, but if your website keeps highlighting fractional gold bargains then I might not be able to afford food 😂

2 minutes ago, Melon said:

Could you kindly cease and desist from all further work on this website immediately. 

I know you intend well, but if your website keeps highlighting fractional gold bargains then I might not be able to afford food 😂

Now there's a business idea... Charging a subscription fee to not update the site and save customers money. Dragon's Den will love that! :)

50 minutes ago, silvernewbie said:

Hi any chance of gold pandas (1oz) maybe other fractions if available?

I can, but need to be careful. Because I'm 'web-scraping' every few minutes and hitting each vendor website multiple times for individual prices, there is a chance my source IP gets banned, so don't want to overdo it.

What I'll suggest is for you and other forum members (reading this post) to give me feedback on what coins you would like to see, and possibly those coins already there which hold little interest and I will update accordingly. I'd like to keep the number of coins to around 15.

So, up for discussion, the 1oz Gold Panda...? Yes or no, and which coin needs to give way? Possible switch out the Libertad, as few vendors have these available?

s it possible to add a vote for coins people wish to see?  Keep the top 10 / 15 in place, check every week at first and once a month going forwards to update as suiting the needs of the freeloading consumers (that's us <3!)

48 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Half sovs, sovs, 1,1/2,1/4,1/10 brits, all pandas, 1 Oz krugerrands.    Most the others are better value from Europe and a quick look on gold.de can do same job

great site

Agree with this, i like all the coins on the site currently so hard to suggest removal of any!  Maybe adding 1/4 and 1/2 oz ones which are harder to find and removing a few 1oz eg eagles/maples..

but i agree all the brits, sovs and krugs should be set in stone! 

Just added the 1oz Panda (in place of the Libertad) @silvernewbie @AndyC44

I'll have a think about how best to keep the site updated as lots of people will have specific, individual requirements.

Thanks all, for the suggestions to date; keep 'em coming.

One update I definately want to add soon, is to display where the coin is not in stock - shouldn't be too difficult (famous last words!)

Played about a bit with updating Stock Status and have implemented it as strike-through text, preserving the listed price.

This only works where the sites have played nicely (some don't list their item as out-of-stock, simply 'call for price' or 'incoming').

Please let me know if you find any inconsistencies.

I have also noticed a bit of a bug with how I capture prices from ATS Bullion, it's about how they list items for sale (need to fix it, as sometimes their better price is not displayed).

As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Implemented a few code updates to clear some of the error states, in particular with how some vendors are displaying their 'On Sale' coins.

I've also enabled Google Analytics to see what kind of hits / throughput the site is getting (this may trigger your AdBlocker).

Todo:

1. Capture 'Out of Stock' for The Gold Bullion Co

2. Fix the Error state for some of the Chards listings (they use Javascript to load the price after the page has loaded)

There may be some coins, where the new 2020 version is now cheaper - please let me know if you find any.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday updates:

- Fixed Gold.co.uk error state, when OOS. Also found a better way to capture the price.

- Swapped in 1/10oz Britannia for the 1oz Buffalo

Still struggling with Chards' inconsistent web pages, many coins still showing error. I know a way to work around, but it doesn't appear to be worth the effort, for just one vendor.

Archived