• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My Experience of the European Mint

Pete

Just throwing my experience out there, I have had a number of issues with single coins and premium coins in capsules, milking, rim issues and capsules with damage. 

I messaged them on delivery and I can hand on heart say they have been exceptional when it comes to addressing those issues. The staff I dealt with were fast in responding and did all they could to resolve my complaints. I wont go into the details of how they resolved it for me personally as each individual issue is just that an individual issue but I can say it worked out favourably for me.

They do price match on a lot of stock, they have good stock selection and they package things really well. They do have issues but they will try their best to resolve these and I know when you do feedback they try their best to address it, if needed change their website and process from that feedback. 

I would say that this case is an extreme and I can understand the upset of course I can but I would message them and explain the issues, I would be very shocked if they did not address this to a point were both parties are happy with the outcome.

Hope it all works out for you Pete and I totally agree sharing experiences here is what makes the forum a great place but I would say you need to give the company a chance to make things right first before writing them off entirely as a poor company.

I have been reading this thread and seems to me alot of overreacting going on. If the coins are labeled as BU, it would not be cool to have fingerprints. But milk spots? As I understand, no way to avoid sometimes even if stored carefully. 

Then I checked EU Mint and this is what I found:

2016 1oz £2 GBP UK Silver Britannia Coin Privy Monkey Mark 

€19.88

Year: 2016
Grade: Uncirculated (Some coins may have spots)

ALSO, this:
Note: this coin is slightly circulated, it may have spots and/or scratches.

I do not see where is the problem. It's a bullion. Silver content is there. Want clean bullion? Pick BU. Pay the same or more, depends on a dealer not on your perception.  
Plus, we still have not heard if they replied with an answer which i am sure they will do. 
I feel it is a shame to trash a dealer this way. I have only one purchase with them, everything went perfectly. 

Good job EU Mint! Keep it up!

My two cents European Mint thank you for competitive prices on both Gold and Silver. In the UK you can be put off into diversifying into precarious metals when all have to do is look across the big pond see how much more competitive dealers in the US are in comparison to the bullion dealers in the UK / European Union.

Silver Example - 20x American Silver Eagles

SD Bullion per coin $20.01/ £15.50

European Mint per coin €18.18 / £15.57

Gold Example 20x 2020 1 oz Gold Britannia Coin BU

SD Bullion per coin $1,499.24 / £1161.53

European Mint per coin €1,362.03 / £1166.16

ATS Bullion per coin £1,180.90

Atkinson per coin £1,170.69

Baird & Co per coin £1,183.63

Last year when I rang round every dealer wanting to place large order for PM the European Mint only dealer that were willing to negotiate on price every other dealer in the UK had a take it or leave it attitude. Want larger public participation into PM then the community needs bullion dealers like the European Mint be as competitive as possible and force old bricks and mortar dealers in the UK innovate and become more competitive.

To sum up the entire thread, note to self when buying Random Years coins from the European Mint it is pot of luck quality that you will receive.

@Silverharry  I think your way out of line....

In byb's videos he clearly states 

They are your decisions and your decisions alone to make he is not a financial advisor....

But on the other hand he has managed to save a lot of us lot of money over the years on discount codes and group orders .

thank you @BackyardBullion

Yes European mint gets it wrong from time to time but they usually rectified the problem...

Personally I think you owe byb an apology...

A good number of people do not factor in the other costs of an item other than the price of said item, not just coins as in the case.  

'I've just seen X at 10% off!'

'That's good, were from?'

'Oh, from a company in Estonia.'

'Really? I didn't know about them, I'll check them out.'

Getting down to it, that 10% isn't always 10% off. Total up the postage and the cost of any possible returns it may well make it 5-10% more. I don't have the money to buy in bulk, a few oz's here and there so buying from anywhere other than the UK isn't my thing, even with the VAT (sorry about the swearing). However, if I had the money I would go buy a lot from a company like the European Mint.

As for the Brits themselves, not great. hope things work out.

Ive bought for European mint too. I bought tubes of maple leafs. I wasnt aware that they have 2 prices, one for "random year" og one for the current year. I havnet bought the current year ones, but I would expect these to be brand new and not handled. 

The random year maple leafs i received were fine, even though they where almost 10 years old, and before the maple leaf coin had the new anti copy features, so that kind of sucked. From now on I will only order the current year ones.

Interesting read, I'm about to order from goldsilver.be and have seen some 2007 1oz silver kookaburra coins at a nice price, now worried of their condition as they are 12 years old but advertised as new. Shame they dont have actual photos of the coins for the older ones. Anyway, is £19.xx decent for 2007 kooks? 

Hope the European Mint address this.

I had something similar but arguably a bit worse from a very famous British dealer. Before I found this forum some of my first purchases were from Bullion by Post. I bought four tubes of 'Grade A - Best Value (Mixed Years)' Brits which arrived mostly scratched and milked. I gave them a call and rather than one of the very polite and helpful staff I'd encountered before I got some shirty chap tell me 'it's just bullion'. I should have followed it up (I forget why I didn't) as their 'Grade A' coins were something like 80p more each than 'Grade B' and what I received was Grade M for melt. That's lot of money across 100 coins! It may have been a one off or a mix up by them, and I should have complained further, but I did give them the chance to resolve it on the phone only to get a rude and unreasonable reply. I simply haven't used them since and never will.

1 minute ago, kimchi said:

Hope the European Mint address this.

I had something similar but arguably a bit worse from a very famous British dealer. Before I found this forum some of my first purchases were from Bullion by Post. I bought four tubes of 'Grade A - Best Value (Mixed Years)' Brits which arrived mostly scratched and milked. I gave them a call and rather than one of the very polite and helpful staff I'd encountered before I got some shirty chap tell me 'it's just bullion'. I should have followed it up (I forget why I didn't) as their 'Grade A' coins were something like 80p more each than 'Grade B' and what I received was Grade M for melt. That's lot of money across 100 coins! It may have been a one off or a mix up by them, and I should have complained further, but I did give them the chance to resolve it on the phone only to get a rude and unreasonable reply. I simply haven't used them since and never will.

I know for a fact the EU mint is aware of this situation and will hopefully satisfactorily resolve it and inform us on steps they will take to manage expectations of customers ordering these items in the future. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

• 4 weeks later...

@Pete  having trawled back through this thread from start to finish - I am just wondering what the resolution was - I am hoping the answer is good 

I have placed an awful lot of orders through the European mint into 3 figure sums and have yet to be disappointed

On only one minor issue I had, they resolved it quite amicably and rapidly

and I would like to think yours has been sorted similarly ???

5huggy 

29 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

@Pete  having trawled back through this thread from start to finish - I am just wondering what the resolution was - I am hoping the answer is good 

I have placed an awful lot of orders through the European mint into 3 figure sums and have yet to be disappointed

On only one minor issue I had, they resolved it quite amicably and rapidly

and I would like to think yours has been sorted similarly ???

5huggy 

We reached an amicable settlement and they have been very responsive so I would definitely consider them for future bulk purchases.
It does not detract however from the fact that they did send some awful stuff and clearly negative publicity is not in their favour but at least they were responsive.
Thanks for asking though.

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

We reached an amicable settlement and they have been very responsive so I would definitely consider them for future bulk purchases.
It does not detract however from the fact that they did send some awful stuff and clearly negative publicity is not in their favour but at least they were responsive.
Thanks for asking though.

That's cool @Pete at least some of my (although minor doubts) are reassured cheers Buddy - and glad they sorted for you

I have had Issues with other dealers and they also expedited a resolution to my satisfaction apart from one - but that will remain sub judice for now !

I  can go forward with confidence with European mint 

Thanks Buddy 

Just now, kimchi said:

I think it was important to ask and good to hear that all was settled amicably but there still seems some doubt there (or is it me reading things wrong?).

I bought an almost full tube of coins for a specific reason and bulked up my order to reduce the cost per ounce in shipping to a more reasonable number.
Every coin in the tube was in poor condition as the pictures clearly showed. Worst I have ever encountered from anywhere.
Not only badly milk stained but with large thumb prints that looked as if they had been set in cement.
This tube was unacceptably bad and not as described.
The costs and risks of return were just not worth it plus the added hassle with other things that are going on right now ( not PM related by the way )
They made an effort in rectifying things and I saw a positive response to value their customers so I give them credit for this but once violated the damage has been done if you understand. I've got a pile of scrap metal and lost money but life's too short.
If we elect a Corbyn government on Thursday the money I will likely loose pales all of this as a wee in the ocean.

• 10 months later...

Hi, perhaps someone could give me some advice. A friend of mine has placed a big order from the European Mint, he managed to send payment to the mint without problem but he is having trouble paying the shipping company? When he tried paying using transferwise he's getting a message saying "we can not currently accept payment to this recipient" l recommended he email the European Mint but wondering if anyone has had this same message appear for them.

Thanks

1 hour ago, ProjectNeroX said:

Hi, perhaps someone could give me some advice. A friend of mine has placed a big order from the European Mint, he managed to send payment to the mint without problem but he is having trouble paying the shipping company? When he tried paying using transferwise he's getting a message saying "we can not currently accept payment to this recipient" l recommended he email the European Mint but wondering if anyone has had this same message appear for them.

Thanks

@BackyardBullion May have the best advice on the situation

WEB:  http://www.riverbanksilver.com/     INSTAGRAM @riverbanksilver

20 hours ago, ProjectNeroX said:

Thanks

That's Transferwise putting a block on the Mint's shipping company. Transferwise blocks many bullion dealers and crypto exchanges as a money laundering prevention measure. From what I gather this is somewhat against their will.

19 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Just made a transfer to them successfully with transferwise, maybe it was temporary. 

21 minutes ago, sstrrs said:

That's Transferwise putting a block on the Mint's shipping company. Transferwise blocks many bullion dealers and crypto exchanges as a money-laundering prevention measure. From what I gather this is somewhat against their will.

He ended up just paying it via bank transfer cost a little extra but it's sorted. Hopefully, it was only a temporary problem and no one will have the same issue using transfer wise.

Archived