• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

a question i think went un answered

craig12

i posted a question some weeks ago and as far as i can remember i didnt get any replies to this certain point

so i would like to ask if i may once more 

if there is manipulation within the silver and gold markets  and as i understand there always has been and probably always will be 

how can silver and gold ever rise to the levels we want them to  so we can make a decent profit  ie to da moon 

or am i missing something here :unsure:

sureley silver cant be £60 per oz  as the paper traders can smash it where they want anytime they want

its not judged on ounces sold to customers in the physical form

Not everybody is in it for a profit as such, most are using it as an interesting savings scheme / hobby with the "possibility" of silver / gold rising and making us wealthy.

It wasn't very long ago that silver was almost £30/oz, so rises can and do happen.

You'd be making a healthy profit at £30/oz I'd imagine.

Stacker since 2013

Realistically PM for me is somewhere to store wealth rather than invest it with maybe a small loss or profit at the end, that will probably be for my kids (they'r not kids anymore) to find out. Not trusting fiat and the fact I enjoy stacking also play a part, I think you are right about silver not hitting £60 anytime soon as well, read loads of gumpf over the years about how silver is going to sky rocket, still waiting, but we can always hope. What sort of a price would tempt you to sell the lot Craig? I bet a lot of us would be a little reluctant to sell no matter what the price.

I bet a lot of us would be a little reluctant to sell no matter what the price.

I hear that, it's why I'm fond of the idea of owning some which you actually don't like a whole lot, makes it easier to dump.

Arguably Craig's concern can be alleviated simply by looking at 2011 spike, I suspect the players in the paper game were still just as big and influential but look how high it went compared to where it was.

I'm betting on the same thing happening again but with a higher spike, but if that's in 10, 20 or 30 years I don't know. I've got time.

I think the disconnect between paper and physical metals will drive the price significantly higher.

Especially if stocks etc. crash and people rush to tangible assets with no 3rd party risk.

This is an old piece,

https://www.goldbroker.com/news/paper-silver-market-250-times-size-physical-silver-market-526

How much larger would the disconnect have to be to force a price rise?

And still nobody answers his question! lol

Craig - what if the controllers lose control?

Sham is right of course, by never using one word when ten will do I avoided saying I don't know. But my best guess for what its worth Craig is, prices will never get as high as you would like and none of us will ever make a decent profit from stacking none collectable bullion. We will however still have roughly the same buying power in gold as when we started stacking, and probably a slight increase in buying power regarding silver. If I'm wrong you can tell me as long as my Ferrari is going slow enough for me to hear you.

It seems that the disconnect between the real, physical metal and the paper options trading is a lot higher than it ever was. There are some scary ratios talked about.

Therefore the potential exists for an incredibly fast turnaround when it does happen. As soon as sentiment changes and the rise in PM prices starts in earnest and gains some momentum, all these paper short options will need to be closed bloody quickly before the losses get too large. There will be a lot of panic buying for a very limited supply of physical metal and the price could take off exponentially.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Founder & Administrator

Topic moved to 'general precious metals' section as it's related to both gold and silver. Thanks.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I hear that, it's why I'm fond of the idea of owning some which you actually don't like a whole lot, makes it easier to dump.

That's why I stack gold sovs & krugs I've no attachment to them and they are easy to dump if necessary.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Archived