• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

gold auction win

blindguy

I think you should make this your own "today I won" thread mate. Well done. I'm sure there will be more. :)

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

6 hours ago, Stu said:

I think you should make this your own "today I won" thread mate. Well done. I'm sure there will be more. :)

I wish I could but I no longer see well enough to write long coin articales like I use to. I can no longer read coin world or other magazines. I have the time as my wife and I are home bound until Feb. due to her chemo treatments. My fun is bidding on auctions with a friend of mine and working the bid increments as to win gold coin near or below melt. Even this reply took me over 20 minutes to complete.  Jim

1 hour ago, blindguy said:

I wish I could but I no longer see well enough to write long coin articales like I use to. I can no longer read coin world or other magazines. I have the time as my wife and I are home bound until Feb. due to her chemo treatments. My fun is bidding on auctions with a friend of mine and working the bid increments as to win gold coin near or below melt. Even this reply took me over 20 minutes to complete.  Jim

Hey mate, I don't know your financial situation or indeed what you have checked out in the past but with technology going the way it has, there are all sorts of text to verbal and vice Vera readers available, (even with a quick internet search just as I did) With the right person guiding you as to what's available, you may be able to get set up for a reasonable amount of $? Do you have any services available like sensory impairment (Occupational Thearpists) teams in your area you could contact for support and guidance?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

56 minutes ago, blindguy said:

I'm an avid auction fan, I buy jewelry that way, get most of it at spot or below then consign it for 50% over...it's a skill I love using, I'm sure you do too, finding the right pieces that people overlook, biding at the right time, like poker.....lol.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Hey mate, I don't know your financial situation or indeed what you have checked out in the past but with technology going the way it has, there are all sorts of text to verbal and vice Vera readers available, (even with a quick internet search just as I did) With the right person guiding you as to what's available, you may be able to get set up for a reasonable amount of $? Do you have any services available like sensory impairment (Occupational Thearpists) teams in your area you could contact for support and guidance?

The nearest help we found so far is 400 miles away on the eastern side of South Dakota.  In our town the only thing I got to help me was a red and white cane. My wife bought me a Topaz machine which enlarges print. There just is not much help out here and my wife hates computers and dose not know much about them.   Jim

1 hour ago, blindguy said:

The nearest help we found so far is 400 miles away on the eastern side of South Dakota.  In our town the only thing I got to help me was a red and white cane. My wife bought me a Topaz machine which enlarges print. There just is not much help out here and my wife hates computers and dose not know much about them.   Jim

Perhaps we can help you. 

To help you type, you can use the built in diction feature within your operating system. This required a microphone, most phone headphones include one these days. 

It can be accessed by clicking where you want to type, and pressing the <Windows Key + letter H> at the same time. The windows key is the one on the bottom left of your keyboard usually that has a square divided into 4 small boxes. You may need to enable the option the first time, a pop up should appear at the top of your screen to do that.

Once you're using it, you simply click where you want to type, press <Windows Key + letter H>, say what you want to type out loud, and the computer will write the text for you. 

To help you read, internet browsers offer accessibility settings. If you open the settings menu at the top of your internet browser and increase the font size too "Very Large" or the equivalent, that should help.

Also, consider using the magnifier. On Windows machines, hit the <Windows Key>, type "Magnifier" and press <Enter>. Your screen will be magnified and hopefully much easier to read. Press <Escape> to exit this view.

There are also screen readers available, on a Windows computer hit the <Windows Key>, type "Narrator" and press <Enter>.There's a bit more setup required for that one, but it can read everything on the screen out loud to you. 

If you have someone computer savvy in your extended family, perhaps they could help you set some of this up? Lots of helpful information on the accessibility tools that already come for free with your computer are available on this website which may help: 

https://www.afb.org/blindness-and-low-vision/using-technology/using-computer/part-ii-experienced-computer-user-new-1

Archived