• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NCS - Conservation fees

happy2gether

NCS - conservation of coins

I'm not sure if it's known regarding these texts:

old form: "All uncertified coins 1955 to present, except coins requiring an NGC Oversize Holder (over 45 mm). Fee includes evaluation, conservation and grading / encapsulation by NGC. Maximum value $2,000 per coin. If NCS believes that conservation will not benefit a coin submitted under the NCS Modern + NGC Grading tier, it will be transferred to NGC and the full fee will apply."

new form: "All uncertified coins 1955 to present, except coins requiring an NGC Oversize Holder (over 45 mm). NGC grading fees additional. Maximum value $2,000. If NCS believes that conservation will not benefit a coin submitted under the NGC Modern tier, it will be transferred to NGC for grading and only the NGC grading fees will apply."

I tried NCS for the first time and not all coins got NCS conservation. They have charged full price (NCS + NGC). I'm not sure if I understood it correctly, but due to explanation that only NGC grading fees would apply, I'm trying to get the NCS fees back.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the answers.

Update: In my case they charged everything first, but some coins did not get NCS treatment and they did not refund me anything (even no refund credit to my account because I had 2 submissions after). I talked to staff at submission center and wrote NGC an email too. Nobody told me that I got refund credited to my member account after my email. I saw it with my recent submission for which I had to pay less. Strange communication.

I just want to remind collectors with this post that they can get NCS fees back if the coin did not get conservation.

Archived