• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

MadJackMcMad

I would love to date a bar, I wouldn't mind if she was a big 5kg bird either.

I guess you don't have the COA with it as I would of thought that would of had the date on it, one thing you could do is ask any friendly members on here who have the same weight bar and the cert with date on it,  if they would mind sharing the first couple of numbers from their bar eg  567,987, they show 567,###  and the date that bar was made, it might help you narrow down when it was made to before or after certain dates.

3 minutes ago, MadJackMcMad said:

The serial number of my bar begins with the letter 'K' . This is probably the batch marker which may give a rough date.

Good idea 👍

I own a lot of antique guns and some you had to date from the serial numbers and letter prefix's and thats one way we do it sometimes if we have a dead cert when one persons gun was made we can all add our serials to a database and include and slight manufacturing differences, thats something that might help you also, style of the font, if that changed on the bars, where information is located on the bars, as sometimes this changed around over time.

The only successful dates I've had were from bars and clubs...I guess movies, zoos, aquariums and the like were just not my style :(

Anyway, seeing as I found this thread by accident (🤣) you may be in luck (to an extent, depending on how many they cast for each letter, as the number of digits allows for a combination up to one off a million) I have some identical bars to hand that are nicely toned, the serial numbers start at K009 and the COAs give a date of 01 October 2007.

Be interested to hear if that helps, cheers! :)

1 minute ago, Darr3nG said:

Maybe a silly question, but why keep the serial # secret?

Would contacting [http://www.metalor.com/en/node_59/Kontakt] help?

Might aid any scammers selling a none existent one possibly, it wouldn't bother me, but some stackers it might as someone out there might recognise it as a bar they once owned then see someone on here with an enormous stack, and then realise they have their address too, maybe just me being a little paranoid/ over cautious.

Archived