• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Inherited gold bracelet

AgentJR

Hi

I have recently inherited a gold bracelet which I know nothing about.

I would love to know more about it in terms of gold type, maker, value etc.

I have tried to take photos as best as possible.

Thank you in advance.

J

209CF1AC-9829-44C7-BC86-7CDD573A7CAF.jpeg

Added 0 minutes later...

78F52307-A4BA-4973-B3E5-99928DFEF7BD.jpeg

Hi, your bracelet is 14ct Gold with Italian stamps and also a full U.K. hallmark, London import assay office. 

The design of the bracelet may be difficult to sell for more than it’s gold content. 

But those brackets are heavy approx 25 grams maybe more and at 14ct. Your looking at around £500.

You can get a cheap set of scales, make sure they show tenths of a gram and weigh it...I buy jewelry and most times pay less then scrap, you can't find a refiner who pays more then 95% of melt...I'd recommend taking it to a jewelers and getting them to test it and weigh it, they will almost certainly ,y round down on the weight, if it was 20.3 they'd say 20g it's their bread and butter but don't take their money, I have seen some jewelers paying 73% melt which is a tota, rip off...take it home no matter what they say...to check if it's real gold and not,plate you can borrow someone's magnifying glass and check the joints, plate wears off there, it does look 14k...but then most Cuban chains look 14k but they are almost always 10k and seriously plated so need to be filed down in a desceat place then checked with suitable acid.

If you get offered a nice amount then you can if you choose go to a more majorly positioned jeweler and ask them to consign it, asking for 50% more then melt price if it's not damaged, it doesn't seem to be a designer piece so is more an eye candy piece and not VCA or Tiffanys, etc so the name won't sell it and no stones which can be a good thing if they were diamond chips or gem stones which can put some people off.

Archived