• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

35 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Yeah I saw that earlier, its disgusting, BUT I think there is more of a backstory to it but it does not excuse how they acted, was it their own political leftist beliefs or those imposed on them of their employers ???

True, though if this incident does indeed involve an SIA licenced operative (couldn't see any hint of blue badge) then the SIA only ever look at the deeds themselves regardless o the background.

And as for that little turd i the blue coat, I would have decked the little twat there and then.

1 hour ago, Martlet said:

We have a sample of one occasion (2010), and from memory they concede one major policy.  And they didn't get into bed with anyone, rejecting Labour.   I'm warming to Liberal as currently they have the most credible fiscal policy, still borrowing but a lot less than others, targeting deficit reduction over the parliament.  Not sure about other policy though and Brexit remaining is not going to win this election. 

There was the lib lab pact in 1977 and also the coalition in the Scottish Parliament when they dropped their opposition to tuition fees for a few ministerial post. Like I said the mere whiff of power. There had been others in the past which Probably have no contemporary relevance. 

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

There was the lib lab pact in 1977 and also the coalition in the Scottish Parliament when they dropped their opposition to tuition fees for a few ministerial post. Like I said the mere whiff of power. There had been others in the past which Probably have no contemporary relevance. 

A fair cop i suppose, though i'd hardly call confidence and supply of 1977 contemporary.  I'm not normally a LibDem supporter, just their economic policy is current the least worst out there (of a very poor field). 

Edited by Martlet

not sure what you mean - and if you were ironical or not ( My English is not the best ) - I know many people who believe that this plan is a conspiracy , but I firmly believe it is real.

It is very simple : everything which goes against the possibility of a New World Order with people easy to manipulate ( without identity , religion , race , family  ,morals etc) will be promoted until "we' (the nationals - no matter the blood or skin color ) are in minority and cannot take power through democracy.

5 hours ago, Toshunya86 said:

not sure what you mean - and if you were ironical or not ( My English is not the best ) - I know many people who believe that this plan is a conspiracy , but I firmly believe it is real.

It is very simple : everything which goes against the possibility of a New World Order with people easy to manipulate ( without identity , religion , race , family  ,morals etc) will be promoted until "we' (the nationals - no matter the blood or skin color ) are in minority and cannot take power through democracy.

I'm a man of few words but I quite agree .

I was curious to hear that when Nigel Farage was introduced at the launch of the Brexit party's NOT a manifesto he came on to the tune of 21st Century Schizoid man.  They did at least cut it off before they got to the bit about No one man should have all that power.

1 hour ago, Pipers said:

I found this interesting.  Its hard going but worth the effort. I am starting to think the political Parties are worried about something and they are not saying. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/personalandhouseholdfinances/debt/articles/wealthingreatbritainwave3/2015-09-04

Much of the report is 'how we worked it out', I read a bit then skipped on to overall conclusions and will trust their method. 

'Financial wealth' gives increased life satisfaction, sense of worth and happiness and decreased levels of anxiety. Savings poor = less happy, low sense of worth, higher anxiety. The report says property, pensions and household income have lower impact on intangibles/emotions, so I have assumed 'Financial wealth' means savings in all forms and 'property' in this case means house ownership to live in. Personally I don't think of my house as savings so it makes sense to me.

It is interesting and makes sense somewhat, higher savings means less worries, less energy put into working out how to survive, so you can enjoy yourself a bit and not worry about the rainy days.

What do you think it is that the political parties are worried about and not saying? That no one has any savings is my guess?

I am with you on the house you live in. i do not count it as a asset as i have to pay for it every week in maintenance, living improvements and i do not have a mortgage.

IMO the Political Parties are woried about the under 40's those generations are poorer even with the devaluation trick.  The jobs/ careers people have now arre mainly lower paid though not always.  If you are in a position to earn £150,000 you are just inside the top 1% of earners.  This is not well known as the press, sports sector and TV entertainment ind do not want anyone to know as it is not in there interest.  I noticed the other week that only 300,000 people earn over 80,000 the top 5% of earners (income tax).  

Wages in the UK are mainly low and i cannot see it getting any better.  There just isn't any employment oppurtunities.  The wealth is in assets and the only thing the masses own is there house.  Build homes that are needed then house prices go down, do not build houses then there will be more homeless.

Somehow there needs to be more wealth made in the UK, to many people are low paid thats why they voted for Brexit they are fed up of being sh-t on and having cr-p lives and no money.      

Edited by Pipers

McDonnell has a red book. ;)

Good analysis, the UK is an asset economy which means if we lose overall growth in GDP, things will turn badly quickly. The way to sustain these asset prices and borrowing is encourage unlimited immigration. The flip side to this policy is that every year GDP per capita falls, peoples wages are suppressed further, quality of life and social conditions (thinking welfare, public services) deteriorate.

Something we should consider in the equation is that white British have a sub replacement birthrate and so the need to build new houses must entirely be driven by immigration and descendants of immigration. In that context of potential for a falling population (in the near future) I am of the thinking that wages have more potential to rise here, while asset prices have potential to fall, perhaps drastically if borrowing costs also increase. Both borrowing and immigration must be near their peaks with interest levels this low, debt levels where they are, the time between recession, and immigration at a quarter of a million a year, such numbers are near the end of the road one way or another.

7 hours ago, Toshunya86 said:

Why should we always look for growth and GDP ? It s high time to change paradigm. 

This is a mathematical requirement of the economy. An economy without growth (Italy) is not able to pay the interest.Two methods for growth are normally used:

* increase productivity

* increase population

It is well known, that the productivity growth in UK is very low since the banking crash is 2008. Therefore, the UK must increase the population via immigration. Or somebody must solve the productivity puzzle. But how to do this? 

A politician who promise to decrease the net immigration to the UK (or an other G7 country) is a liar!

Paying interest on debt, an ever increasing ageing population and deficit spending drives the need for continual growth. It is not a model that can be sustained endefinately, there are a finite amount of resources in the world. 

4 hours ago, Varus said:

It is well known, that the productivity growth in UK is very low since the banking crash is 2008. Therefore, the UK must increase the population via immigration. Or somebody must solve the productivity puzzle. But how to do this? 

Immigration is fine as long as its strictly controlled and we only let in people who are of use to us,

No criminals

Only people with skills we are short of or need

People who's religious beliefs and background allow them to fit in with us and not the other way around

They enter the UK legally to start with, not via the back of a freezer lorry.

The solution is default on debt and obligations (pensions) and live in reality. Many will suffer whichever medicine is taken and keeping the game going is just as destructive, perhaps more so, than letting it end. At the moment we are destroying standard of living and social conditions while replacing the native population, in exchange for continued GDP growth. 

On 15/11/2019 at 09:35, tallyhojim said:

Only way to save the NHS is to let it burn to the ground and let a free market alternative rise up in it's place. Followed by a nation wide effort to hunt down and physically deport every single illegal on this island.

Won't happen though, as none of our elected overlords have the balls to do what is necessary.

Oh, nearly forgot. Employ all those many thousands of battle hardened veterans to become (heavily) armed border security, with orders to shoot on sight anyone attempting to gain entry illegally. I would class such illegal entry as an act of aggression against the security of said nation.

Illegal entry and those seeking to con their way in with false claims of asylum would plummet overnight.

Jesus Christ! That escalated quickly 😂