• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Jumping in without reading many earlier posts - sorry.
One of the world's biggest problems and also for the UK is the unfettered rise in population.
No politician seems prepared to discuss this topic as it will not win many votes.
Adding 400,000 each year to the UK ( read England because this isn't happening in Scotland ) - school places, housing, health centres, GPs, road congestion etc - infrastructure cannot cope and the dam has burst.

We confuse EU immigration with worldwide immigration and also organic population growth in the UK.
There are more non-EU immigrants entering the UK than EU immigrants.
This can be controlled but seems not to be judging by the figures.

There is a large natural population explosion occurring down to the ethnicity and religion of the immigrants from outside the EU who tend to have larger families.
The concerns over EU immigration is that it is currently totally outside of our control and anyone resident in the EU can relocate to the UK and demand all the benefits.
As long as our benefits remain so attractive especially for families, and there are jobs available whilst our indigenous lazy youth don't want to work in unskilled jobs, even though they are not capable of anything else, this will remain a draw for the genuine poor mainly from Eastern Europe.

Labour talks about 1 in 4 kids living in poverty.
They don't know the true meaning of the word but travel and live in Romania or Bulgaria and poverty looks totally different.
In those countries there is no free lunch and if you want heat in winter, where it is seriously cold, then get out into the forest and collect firewood.
I read today of a young couple living in Liverpool aged mid twenties with 7 kids complaining that they couldn't survive on the capped £26,000 benefits, whilst neither work because of the size of their family. Condoms are free on demand but how else could you get a house nowadays unless you are a heroin addict or with young children ?

As for the greens and liberals bleating on about global warming, now renamed as climate change, the solution isn't to plant conifers on Scottish moors whilst massive swathes of mature tropical rainforests are chopped down in the Amazon basin. It is due to rapid population expansion. They even reckon to save mother Earth we should turn into vegans. Bit like the absolutely stupid smart meters that are costing us over £13 billion for what ? If you sit on a bus and and the conductor ( thinking about safety and the RMT of course ) hands you a smart meter to see how much diesel the bus is burning, will that make any difference when all you are doing is getting to work ?

I rant on but let's call a spade a spade and not a digging implement for once.
Now I feel a little bit more chilled having vented some frustrations.

The population explosion in the UK is going to bring so many problems in the 2020's like few have grasped. 
The country is bust - the country cannot feed its population - the nation's gold was sold off and stolen - the GBP will collapse - the Grand Solar Minimum has begun and it will bring misery. We don't even generate all our own electricity - prices will soar - there will be wide spread food shortages. 

The last thing you need is a growing population - it won't be growing for many more years.

Yes this all sounds like crazy talk - i sold up in the UK and the number one reason is all the reasons i have laid out here. Stock up - good luck - you'll need it

Edited by sixgun

I can see the day when certain housing areas are bought by compulsory purchase orders so the properties with a decent footprint are bulldozed to make way for smaller homes. Then this way more people can live in an area without expanding further into the countryside.

Not nice if you own a home but I guess the government won't care if they have to find space for future generations to live in. The problem will be when they do this without first thinking of the local infrastructure. Being a politician these days means they have to be a first class liar in order to being elected as they haven't the foresight of what to do in the future.

it's a bit like the railway industry where the franchise is coming to an end, waiting to see if they win it or not but in the meantime run down services to maximise profits and see if they can win a reprieve to maximise more profit without the expense of investing. We have no future with the way we live today as it will change beyond our control and we will end up having to adapt no matter who we vote for.

2 hours ago, MickB said:

I can see the day when certain housing areas are bought by compulsory purchase orders so the properties with a decent footprint are bulldozed to make way for smaller homes. Then this way more people can live in an area without expanding further into the countryside.

Anyone recognise this excerpt?

This is an announcement from Genetic Control:
"It is my sad duty to inform you of a four foot restriction on humanoid height."

[Extract from coversation of Joe Ordinary in Local Puborama]

"I hear the directors of Genetic Control have been buying all the
properties that have recently been sold, taking risks oh so bold.
It's said now that people will be shorter in height,
they can fit twice as many in the same building site.

8 hours ago, MickB said:

Or simply develop on some of the countryside?  We are ridiculously precious about green fields in the UK (or specifically England), but only 6% of the country is considered "developed".  We could increase built up land by 10% and use only a .6% of the total.  With sensible planning that could produce 2 million homes.  The only thing preventing us solving housing problems is planning law and the will to do so. 

24 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Or simply develop on some of the countryside?  We are ridiculously precious about green fields in the UK (or specifically England), but only 6% of the country is considered "developed".  We could increase built up land by 10% and use only a .6% of the total.  With sensible planning that could produce 2 million homes.  The only thing preventing us solving housing problems is planning law and the will to do so. 

Perhaps we can develop more country side, but to what end? More GDP? Is that all that matters.