• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

To be honest I am not sure who I would vote for in the next election, I preferred UKIP under Gerard Batten, but without him at the helm I think it might be a wasted vote, Farage is for a no deal Brexit which I like, but they don't have any other policies or a proper party, and I don't know if I trust him, Boris has tried hard and he would be first choice to get my vote if it wasn't for the rehashed Maybot deal he suggested, the other parties wouldn't get the steam off my piss.

Do we really need a thread on the UK General Election. We'll be bombarded through every medium you can imagine, and now my notifications on the SF will be dominated by it also... Is there no escape from it...

1 minute ago, 1817Karl said:

Do we really need a thread on the UK General Election. We'll be bombarded through every medium you can imagine, and now my notifications on the SF will be dominated by it also... Is there no escape from it...

By commenting on this thread you have signed up for notifications on it, you have a choice not to read what is on here, same as you have a choice not to watch panorama on the BBC. ;)

1 minute ago, 1817Karl said:

Read it and weep baby.....only kidding my sincerest apologies 

The general feeling at my place of work is what's the point of voting as Brexit hasn't been delivered. No trust in politicians anymore. I've read that the politicians are scared of canvassing for votes in case they get a well deserved punch in the mouth.

2 minutes ago, MickB said:

I won't condone violence but if they knock at my door I will be emptying a bed pan at that exact moment out of my front door.

Ha, to be fair it you shouted guardaloo before emptying ones recepticle no condoning of violence will have occurred.

18 minutes ago, 1817Karl said:

Click on the "unfollow" tab on the right of the tread to stop notifications. Takes all of 2 seconds.

I wish there was a party that could give us a leader to believe in who has statesman qualities and get us out of this mess. All the bickering they're doing is just delaying their job to deliver what's been voted for and is just a smokescreen so we all get bored and eventually accept what they want.

These traitors don't deserve to be serving the country, no matter what party they're in. If I behaved like this in my line of work I'd be shown the door a long time ago. If I don't vote then everyone will say I deserve what I get with whoever is in power as I had no say in the outcome. If I vote then it still will be a wasted vote as my interests are of no importance to the party I would vote for, they'd just carry on doing what they want.

2 minutes ago, MickB said:

I wish there was a party that could give us a leader to believe in who has statesman qualities and get us out of this mess. All the bickering they're doing is just delaying their job to deliver what's been voted for and is just a smokescreen so we all get bored and eventually accept what they want.

These traitors don't deserve to be serving the country, no matter what party they're in. If I behaved like this in my line of work I'd be shown the door a long time ago. If I don't vote then everyone will say I deserve what I get with whoever is in power as I had no say in the outcome. If I vote then it still will be a wasted vote as my interests are of no importance to the party I would vote for, they'd just carry on doing what they want.

It's a double edged sword - Vote and risk your chosen group double crossing you and screwing you up the arse, or don't vote and let something far worse into No10 ala Liebour or Lib Dumb.

Just now, tallyhojim said:

It's a double edged sword - Vote and risk your chosen group double crossing you and screwing you up the arse, or don't vote and let something far worse into No10 ala Liebour or Lib Dumb.

Very true

19 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

Is there any high odds bets with a chance available?

What about Lib Dem to win more seats than Labour?

It's probably a bit early and unclear as yet. Doubtful your suggestion could happen unless Boris and Nigel worked together and the Brexit party hit Labout hard. Still, stranger things have happened and if you can get very high odds, possibly worth a punt.

5 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

It's probably a bit early and unclear as yet. Doubtful your suggestion could happen unless Boris and Nigel worked together and the Brexit party hit Labout hard. Still, stranger things have happened and if you can get very high odds, possibly worth a punt.

Since Labour don't have a position on Brexit, Lib Dem is the party of cancelling Brexit altogether.     I think they'll campaign on this being the next best thing to a second referendum and get a major share of remainer voters.  

1 minute ago, HelpingHands said:

Since Labour don't have a position on Brexit, Lib Dem is the party of cancelling Brexit altogether.     I think they'll campaign on this being the next best thing to a second referendum and get a major share of remainer voters.  

I would agree. If Tories and Brexit worked together, the Labour vote could get squeezed. This theory relies on BrexitRef-voting Labourites sticking with their position and not reverting back to tribal voting. As with most elections these days, nobody knows what is going to happen and the polls should be a good laugh leading up to voting day.

This is most likely the most unpredictable GE of all time.

Just now, sovereignsteve said:

I would think the odds of many bets would vary considerable in the lead up so a good approach would be to pick up some with good odds now and trade out during the campaign.

Yep, I was thinking that.   Cashing out on betfair just because it's shortened but still probably not a likely outcome.

5 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

Maybe picking a few Northern Constituencies for the Brexit Party to win the seat might be a fun lottery.

How about Yvette Cooper in Normaton, Pontefract and Castleford.

69% Leave vote, if the Tories withdrew or voted tactically, it would be a high probability for the Brexit Party.

1 hour ago, MickB said:

No such party exists. Their job is not to deliver. They don't work for you, they work for the usual criminal psychopaths and paedophiles. 

They don't serve the country, they serve the 'Crown' - if they served the people we would not be in this god awful mess. Their line of work demands they behave as they do - if they did the right things by the people they would have a heart attack whilst out walking or bleed to death from a paper cut - you know the sort of thing. 
There is no solution in the current political system - it is like banging your head against the wall and expecting it to cure your headache. 

Edited by sixgun